Status: On going story. Star Wars fanfiction; sexual situations, violence.

The Channel

Chapter 10

When she woke, she could scarcely remember the previous evening. And when she tried to recall parts of it, it seemed as though Maul did his own amount of pleasing as well. Palpatine was present through it all, though he never participated. Her body gave an ecstatic shudder as she recalled it. A figure in the bed rolled over in response to her sudden movement and Selera jumped, letting out a small squeal, not realizing anyone was there: it was Maul. She smiled, "Oh, it's you." She stretched out her body and yawned.

"Who were you expecting?" he asked sleepily.

"I wasn't sure, I thought I was alone," she answered.

"No, I slept here, but I'm not sure I will do that again," he said very seriously. "You have very strange dreams."

"Strange in what way?" she asked.

"They kept waking me up," he answered. Selera laughed.

"I'm sorry; perhaps it would be best if you slept in another room. I don't know what the affects of our touching while I'm asleep. That could be the reason for the strange dreams," she answered. She rolled up on her side to face him.

"Yes, you did." he said.

"Gosh, I hate it when you do that," she protested, "I wish you would at least wait until I ask first."

"Fine. Ask me."

"Did I do what Lord Sidious requested of me?" she asked finally.

"Yes."

"What did he do?" she asked.

"He just watched," Maul answered.

"Watched?"

"That's what he normally does," Maul replied.

"I don't think the Jedi do this," she said finally.

"Some do, but not like this." He smiled wickedly.

"But many of the women you've taken before are dead, aren't they?" she asked.

Maul was silent for a moment before responding. "Only the women that have seen My Master and I together, yes."

"So, what sort of qualities did you look for in a woman before bringing her back here?" she asked.

"I did not find them. My Lord brought them for me. He knows my appetite. I know his," he answered.

Selera understood, "So you sleep with them, and he kills them. Is that the way of it?" Her tone was snappish.

"Yes."

"When does he plan on killing me?" she asked.

"He does not plan on killing you at all," Maul said as he reached up and stroked her arm.

"So how does he satisfy his appetite?" she asked.

"You misunderstood," he answered, "I like sex - he likes watching. That is why this is the perfect arrangement. And because you are here means no women have to disappear to fulfill both our desires."

"Aren't we a wicked trio?" she replied. "So will he expect to watch us every time we....?" she trailed off and raised her eye brows.

"No. And we do not have to wait until he is around before we...." he imitated her. Then he placed a hand on her stomach, caressing down to the place that he was thinking of. She opened her legs to accommodate him.

*********************************

When she woke later that morning, Lord Maul was gone. She figured he was on some errand for Palpatine, while Palpatine had to tend to Senate duties. As Selera continued to doze, she was interrupted by some sort of alarm. She got up, wrapped a sheet around herself, and wandered into the living area: it was coming from the door. Selera opened the door and saw the Senator's assistants that had picked her up in his private starship.

"Oh!" the woman said, seeing Selera's state of undress. The woman hurried in, a man and another woman behind her. The woman bundled her back into the guest room, where she had been sleeping, and got her ready for the day.

"What is going on?" Selera asked sleepily as the woman tugged her clothes on over her head.

"You have engagements today, My Lady," she answered, pulling a small device from her vest pocket and punching some buttons. "You have an appointment to get measured for a new gown for the Senate cotillion, then lunch with the Senator," the woman looked up at Selera and smiled brightly, "a fitting for your gown this afternoon, and dinner with Master Yoda of the Jedi High Council and some of his escorts."

Selera moaned.

"I'm sorry, the Senator's orders. He said we were to bring you whether you wanted to or not," she said.

"That's ok," Selera answered, "I needed to get up anyway." It was obvious that Senator Palpatine was not going to leave her to her own devices just yet. Although Selera would have just wanted to lounge around the apartment for another day before things got started. She was so tired.

**********************

After her dress appointment, she got dragged to a cafe where Palpatine was waiting for them. It was in a large atrium where the ceiling appeared to go up forever, while the floor was made out of a pink stone of some sort. Selera had to walk carefully to keep from slipping on it since it was so smooth.

Palpatine had already been seated at a table. When he saw them he stood up, greeting her with a smile, and held his hand out to Selera, which she promptly took.

"Thank you for safely delivering Selera," Palpatine said to her escorts, "Wait outside, we will be out when we are finished," he said, dismissing them.

Palpatine pulled out Selera's chair for her.

After they were both seated, the Senator leaned over to her and whispered, "That was quite a performance you put on last night."

Selera gave him a sharp look before answering, "You didn't tell me that stuff was an aphrodisiac," she whispered back.

"Now, now, let's be civil," he chided. "There are bound to be Jedi around. Ensure no one knows who you are."

"Yes Uncle."

"I figured you wouldn't want to be cooped up in that apartment by yourself, so I had some activities planned for you," Palpatine said as he laid his menu aside.

"Some activities?" She gave him an incredulous look. "I won't get home until late this evening," she protested, "And...."

"Senator," spoke a voice from behind Selera.

Palpatine stood from his chair once again, while Selera stayed seated. She could not see who it was, but the voice sounded familiar.

"We are very sorry to interrupt your meal with your niece, but Master Yoda sent us to inform you that his party will be unable to make it to dinner this evening. We were wondering if perhaps now would be a good time?"

"For certain," he answered, and offered the two open seats at their table. Selera looked up at the two people who flanked her: one was Qui Gon Jinn and the other his apprentice, Obiwan. Selera gave the latter a slight, but pleasing smile. She sat up straight in her chair as she watched the young Padawan seat himself. She made sure her feelings about the young man were clear to both of them. She knew they would both be reading the thoughts she wanted them to see. The apprentice returned the smile in kind.

Qui Gon was not pleased, but appeared to be carrying out orders, much like the face Maul presented when he was fixated on a mission. She was sure that she was Qui Gon's mission.

"Selera, may I introduce you to Jedi Master Qui Gon Jinn and his apprentice, Obiwan Kenobi," Palpatine made the formal introduction. "Gentlemen, this is the daughter of an old family acquaintance, Selera Elia. Not my niece, actually, but her family and mine have very strong ties."

Selera made sure not to touch either man for fear of giving herself away before the necessary time. "It's a pleasure to meet you both," she said, nodding to each of them.

The conversation started with simple chit chat. Selera only spoke unless asked a direct question.

"My Dear," the Senator spoke to Selera, "Yoda has assigned Obiwan Kenobi to be your escort at the Senate Cotillion."

"Oh, that was very kind of him, but I thought he was going to be escorting me?" she asked.

"He will be there, he just thought that a young girl such as yourself would appreciate an escort who would better suit your needs," Qui Gon answered.

"Please tell Master Yoda 'thank you' for me, will you?" she responded to Qui Gon.

He bowed his head slightly in response, "I will pass that along."

"What brings you to Coruscant, Lady Selera?" Obiwan asked her suddenly. Qui Gon instantly paid him with a dirty look. Selera wondered what else was said with that particular look, knowing the communication between master and apprentice was not always verbal.

"Well, it was decided that I was old enough to get out and see other worlds and that I should travel to complete my education," she answered. "I was going to spend my time on Tatooine," she made a sour face, "but Senator Palpatine here took pity on me and offered to let me stay with him on Coruscant instead. I must say that I'm very glad of it, I've heard such primitive things about Tatooine."

"You are lucky to have a benefactor such as the Senator," Obiwan said.

"Yes, I think so," she smiled at Palpatine. It was genuine - Maul was right, he could be generous when he wanted to. She didn't think about the other times, hoping she could keep him pleased enough never to have to endure any type of discipline from him.

"So what do you think of Coruscant so far?" Qui Gon asked.

Selera actually told the truth on this one. "It is the most beautiful place I've ever seen," she replied. "But I've never seen so many people in one place in my life."

Selera kept her hands close to her body so as not to touch either of them. They continued to be pleasant and did indeed join them for lunch. At the end of their meal, Qui Gon wiped his mouth and looked at Selera.

"Since you are going to be on Coruscant for a month," Qui Gon began, "our people have been wondering if your schedule would permit being escorted to some of the sites on the planet and some near by star systems?"

She felt a foot press on hers from across the table: it was Palpatine.

"Well, I really just arrived here. Actually the Senator has scheduled my time here, so I'm not really sure," she deferred to him, not knowing what he wanted in the matter.

"I'm sure we could arrange something, My Dear," Palpatine said. "I only have you busy because I didn't want you wasting away in the apartment with nothing to do. Coruscant is such a lovely planet, there is much to see. If I could get someone trustworthy to take you around for a day or two, I'm sure you'd enjoy it much more than being ushered around by my assistants."

Selera smiled, "Yes, I think I would like that," she answered. "What time frame did your people have in mind?"

"Well, truth be told, Lady Selera, I volunteered," Obiwan finally broke in. "I, too, have some free time and my Master didn't want me to just sit idle with nothing to do and he thought that it would be a good diversion for me to make myself useful to you and the Senator."

"I think that is a splendid idea, Selera," Palpatine initiated.

Selera nodded, and then asked Obiwan, "Yes, what is your schedule like?"

"My free time begins late tomorrow morning, if that is convenient with you?" he asked. He seemed almost as anxious to get alone together as she was.

"That would be fine," and she answered with a smile.

"I'm not exactly sure of the protocol in this matter: where would be meet?" Obiwan asked the other three.

"Please feel free to call on Selera at my private offices." He looked to Selera, "She's been having trouble making her appointments on time, but I'll see she's there."

Selera sighed. "I will be there on time."

"I'm afraid to rush our meal, but we must be going," Qui Gon placed his napkin next to his plate. "Obiwan must finish some training before I will let him go tomorrow."

Palpatine's foot that was still on hers, pressed even harder. "Have a good afternoon, and we will see you tomorrow," he said. Selera didn't know why Palpatine was making the gesture until Qui Gon placed his hand on her shoulder.

"May the Force be with you and you family," he said. Obiwan echoed the statement, but did not touch her.

"Thank you," Selera answered and watched the two men go. She realized that had the Senator not been in close contact with her while Qui Gon touched her, he would have very likely discovered her little secret - their little secret.

"How did you know he would do that?" she asked, when the two men were finally gone.

"I sensed that he was going to do it, are you done?" he asked. The Senator had quickly become pensive.

He immediately rose from the table and walked her out of the restaurant and to her waiting shuttle, "You are to go to your appointment this afternoon and return to the apartment. Wait for me there." He was succinct in his instructions and closed the door to send her on her way.