Status: On going story. Star Wars fanfiction; sexual situations, violence.

The Channel

Chapter 4

Selera threw up for the third time. Maul had not told her they were actually going to be doing space travel. She was thinking that Coruscant was probably a couple of counties away, instead of a couple of galaxies.

Maul stood over her, arms folded in front of him, assessing her situation.

“This is not accomplishing anything, Selera,” he said.

Selera moaned and made a vulgar gesture in his direction.

“I can put you to sleep until we get there, if you like,” he finally said.

“Why didn’t you suggest that when we took off?” she asked. Selera felt as if she were going to die.

“I did not think you would be quite this bad.”

Maul grabbed Selera by the upper arm and helped her out of the head and to the small sleeping quarters. He retrieved something from a cabinet and put it to her neck. One small sting and everything quickly went dark.

*******************

When she woke, she was not on board Lord Maul’s ship. Instead she was in a room, except two of the four walls in her room were clear glass and looked out onto open air. At least it looked that way from where she lay. She got up and went to the window. Selera could not see to the bottom of the structure she was in and she quickly backed away from that side of the room. She headed for the door, but the door opened before she reached it and a well-dressed, distinguished gentleman stepped in.

“My Dear, we were wondering if you would ever wake,” he said pleasantly.

She smiled courteously. She knew who he was; she had seen him in her visions.

“Well, now, Lord Maul was right. Your thoughts are so clear, they are difficult to miss,” he said. “My public name is Senator Palpatine, but you may address me as Master.”

Master? She didn’t like the thought of that.

“You will get use to it soon enough,” he responded.

I doubt it, she thought.

The Senator’s pleasant demeanor changed very quickly and the air became thick. “You would do well, to do as you were told, Girl.”

She felt him tap into her mind and stretch at her will.

“Stop it,” she insisted, her face tightening as if she were in a tug of war. “I will not accept that from Lord Maul. I expect you to extend me the same courtesy.”

She saw his fury well up suddenly and she expected him to strike her, but it subsided and he regained his calm composure. He heaved a sigh and smiled pleasantly once again.

“My servant, Lord Maul tells me that you have agreed to help us,” he said calmly.

“I have agreed,” she answered warily.

“But now you are questioning that decision, aren’t you?” the Senator asked.

“Yes. Like Lord Maul, but neither of you can control me with your…your sorcerer’s powers,” she stammered. Her heart was pounding, but she wasn’t going to back down. Selera swallowed hard and continued speaking. “And I know that my gift is rare and…in demand.”

“What exactly do you want?” he asked, clasping his hands behind his back.

“I don’t want to be used,” she answered bluntly; “I want to be useful.”

His eyes narrowed as he looked at her and contemplated what she said. He stood a moment and then stepped closer to Selera.

He had no need to even touch her before her visions came. Her breathing became difficult, but the visions were even clearer than before. She saw everything on the planet, she knew almost everyone. She immediately knew what the Force was and how they used it, she knew it was strong in her, but in a different way. She knew that once the opposing side discovered her powers, they would also seek her assistance. And that others before her who had the same gift had been destroyed.

The visions changed and started coming through her at an even faster rate. She couldn’t keep up with it and she succumbed to the darkness.