Status: On going story. Star Wars fanfiction; sexual situations, violence.

The Channel

Chapter 5

Selera woke up on the floor and could hardly move.

Seeing she was awake, the Senator walked over to her and squatted down at her side. “Not as gifted as you would like to think, My Dear,” he said.

Bringing her hand to her head and rubbing her temples, she answered slowly, “Lord Maul said this stage would pass,” she mumbled through the fuzzy haze.

“This stage?” The Senator looked over his shoulder to his apprentice.

“We only discovered I could do this three days ago, My Lord,” she whispered. “I’m surprised you didn’t know that.” She managed to roll over onto her side.

He looked back to her without saying anything. She wondered what he was thinking.

“I was wondering how long it would take to train you,” he responded.

How long does it normally take? She thought.

“It varies from person to person,” he answered. “Some take years. Exceptional people can complete it in weeks. You are exceptionally gifted, My Dear.” He placed a hand on her forehead and relieved her pain.

“Thank you,” she responded.

He held out a hand to help her up. He fussed over her, making sure her dress was in order. Once again he tried to bend her will.

“My Lord,” she began, “that only makes me irritated.”

Senator Palpatine snorted. “I can see that.” He nodded and looked at her. There was something behind his gaze, but she couldn’t read it. He was like Maul in that respect: his face revealed nothing.

“And that is a talent as well,” Palpatine answered. “Your mind is open to anyone who would read it. We must teach you to guard your thoughts, especially on this planet.”

“I understand,” she answered. “My Lord, how well can the Jedi…”

“Every bit as well as Lord Maul and myself,” he answered, cutting her off mid-sentence. “And I see that Darth Maul has left his mark on you. They will detect that as well.”

Selera looked down at her self, checking over her arms and dress. Bringing a hand to her face she felt for anything that didn’t belong there.

Palpatine laughed again, “No Girl, on your mind.” He stood smiling, “You and Maul have been…intimate?”

Then she understood and blushed suddenly. There was no reason to try and hide that fact, especially when the Senator could tell just about everything about her.

“That’s right, My Dear,” he said turning back toward the door. When he reached the door, he paused and looked back over his shoulder at her: “You remember that. And I don’t enjoy being lied to.” He opened the door and went into the living area.

Maul stepped into the doorway and motioned for her.

Selera joined them in the living area. Palpatine was relaxing on one of the large sofas. He motioned for them to sit down across from him.

Selera and Lord Maul sat down as instructed.

“Lord Maul, I give you charge of seeing to her training,” he said. “Use any means within your powers to get her ready before the Senate delegates gather again for session. You will have approximately twenty days.”

“Yes, My Master,” Maul answered and bowed his head.

“Go now and leave us,” Palpatine waved Maul away.

“My Master, there is something you ought to know…” Maul began, but was cut short by Palpatine.

“When I want your council, My Apprentice, I will ask for it.” Palpatine snapped. “Now go.”

Darth Maul immediately stood and retreated to a back entrance. Selera knew that because Darth Maul was unknown on this planet he had to come and go by secret means. This also continued the illusion of the Senator’s identity.

“Oh, I am a Senator,” he responded, “I am just also a Sith Master as well.”

He stood up and stretched out his hand. “I want to use you,” he said plainly

“I’d rather not,” Selera responded.

“But you will,” he answered.

She started shaking her head. “No, I…”

Palpatine moved much more swiftly that she thought possible. He grabbed her firmly by the nape of the neck and pulled as much energy through her mind he could. The images were nothing but a blur.

She didn’t lose consciousness as she normally did and the pain in her head grew tremendously until she cried out, tears slipping from the corners of her eyes. Still, he would not release her. Then as suddenly as he had drawn the energy through her, he stopped and then eased her pain.

Then he whispered into her ear: “Yes, you will.”

“…yes, My Lord.”

“Good Girl.”