Status: On going story. Star Wars fanfiction; sexual situations, violence.

The Channel

Chapter 7

Selera progressed quickly, as Palpatine hoped she would. Being virtually alone on Dantooine didn’t hurt. Selera was successful in hiding or revealing what she wanted. She could even lie to Maul without his knowing.

“Be careful who you lie to,” Maul counseled. “Sidious will not take kindly to being lied to. If he thinks you are, he will punish you in ways that will make his rape of you seem tame, I do not doubt it.”

“What an utterly horrid man, if man he is,” she answered.

“Maybe so, but he can also be very generous. You would do well to know this.”

Maul had been very distant ever since they had left her home planet. She also missed the mystery of not knowing who and what he was. It kind of took all the fun out of their relationship. She sometimes felt like nothing more than just another tool he used to fix his ship or to search out Jedi for his master.

“That will be enough for today. You have done well, Selera. I am impressed with your skills,” he said.

“When will I be ready to go back to Coruscant?” she asked.

“You are ready,” he answered. “But I did not think you wanted to return so quickly?”

“No…and yes,” she replied. “I am anxious to see how well I do when it counts. But I don’t want to see Sidious.”

“Understandable. But you will be required to do both,” he responded.

Selera sighed.

******************

During their last night on Dantooine, Maul came to her. It was the first time since arriving there that he had done so. Selera was tired, but the constant nibbles on her neck and the growls low in his throat made her give in. He pulled the visions through her as soon as he entered her and this time he had no qualms about letting her view his personal life. In fact, he let her do so half a dozen times, until he shivered from exhaustion.

“If you needed release so bad, why did you not come to me before?” she whispered.

“I was ordered to ensure your training. That I did. Now I can take my pleasure,” he answered between chattering teeth.

“Maul, does Palpatine expect of me what he expects of you?” she asked. This had concerned her for some time. Maul’s discipline was legendary; she assumed it was the same with the Jedi. She had none.

“He expects what he expects. Don’t disappoint him and all will be well,” he answered. His teeth had stopped chattering and he was mumbling his words as if he were half asleep.

As he finally drifted to sleep, Selera watched him. She was concerned about the coming days and what she would do. The intrigue excited her; Lord Maul excited her even more. The humorous thing about all of this was that Lord Maul, while emotionally detached, treated her better than any man ever had on her own planet. He was always honest and forthright. If he couldn’t tell her something, he didn’t lie to her; he just didn’t tell her. He gave her everything he had when he had it to give. He expected the same from her.

Perhaps that was why she didn’t like being around Palpatine. Maul’s focus turned to his master, regardless of any feelings for her. He let Palpatine do what ever he wanted to her, which cut deeply into her soul. At least she knew where Maul’s loyalties were and he was consistent.

The next day was boring, punctuated with short periods of extreme activity. The trip back to Coruscant was long because she decided to try and not sleep through it. A few episodes of nausea were all that she experienced.

When they were on the outside of the system, they came across a diplomatic ship hailing them on Maul’s secret channel.

“It is Palpatine’s private ship,” Maul informed. “We are transferring you to their ship for the journey on to Coruscant. I will meet you at my master’s apartment.”

“Why? What’s going on?” she asked.

“He has not informed me of his reasons,” Maul responded, working the controls to slow for docking with the larger ship. “We will do as ordered. I will meet you on Coruscant later,” he repeated.

Before he opened the airlock to let Selera go, he put his hand behind her neck and stole one long kiss. “Remember what you learned.”

“I will.”

Maul opened the airlock and there was a docking umbilical between the two ships. Maul gently pushed Selera into it, and she quickly walked across into the waiting ship. She turned in time to watch him disappear behind the airlock once again.

The airlock in front of her opened. “Lady Selera, it is a very great pleasure to meet you,” the woman took her hand and shook it, “Your uncle sent us to retrieve you and to get you ready for your reception on Coruscant. We have little time for pleasantries, so if you will follow me, we can get you all fixed up in no time at all.”

The woman continued her banter the whole time as she over saw all the preparations. She was bathed and dressed and made up in a very formal burgundy gown. Selera did not like the heavy make-up, but it did make her look stunning. She knew that she had to carry herself to match the outfit: this was her disguise. And niece to Senator Palpatine; she wasn’t sure what type of reception she was walking into or why.