‹ Prequel: Long Gone

Coming Clean

Boyfriend/Girlfriend

“Brandon,” I said reaching out for him, “Please don’t leave.”

“What?” He asked.

“I don’t want you to leave,” I said in a pleading voice.

“You don’t?” he asked taking me in his arms. I don’t want him to leave and I don’t want to fuck up ay more.

“No…” He nodded once again and place a kiss on my forehead. I wrapped my arms around his waist and embraced him, placing my head on his chest. I wish we could stay like this forever, but I know that’s not possible.

“Jean,” I heard him whisper.

“Yeah.”

“Did I ever tell you that I love you?” I was surprised at his question. I don’t think he has ever told me that he loves me, so I shook my head.

“Well I do…… I love you.” He pulled away so that he could look at me.

“I love you, too.” He leaned forward and kissed me like he had never done before. I never thought I would be able to kiss him like this ever again. I really don’t want to loose him.

I had never seen this side of him; gentle, caring and more loveable. Seeing this side made me wonder, if he says he loves me, will he also love my children?

We stood there in silence for a couple of minutes. “Jean, do you really not know who the babies dad is?” His question took me by surprise.

“No,” I said shaking my head, “I don’t.”

“Guess what?” He asked.

“What?” I asked nervously.

“I don’t care.”

“What do you mean?” I pulled away from him. I really wanted to hear what he was going to say.

He look straight into my eyes before answering, “I don’t care if they are mine are not,” He placed a hand over my tummy, “I want to be able to love them as much as I love you……and I can only do that if you let me.”

I placed a hand gently on his cheek, “Of course I want you to be there for them.”

He smiled and started to blush. I don’t think this day can get any better.

He still had his hand over my tummy. “Do you know what they’re going to be?” he asked innocently.

“Ha ha, no. It’s to early to know, but hopefully the doctor can tell me-”

[I”Us,” Brandon corrected me, “He can tell us what they are going to be.”

“Right,” I said nodding. I guess he really wanted to show me that he cared… and to tell you the truth, I really do think he cares.

“Hey, Brandon, when did you get here?!” Adie exclaimed from the living room entrance. Me and Brandon were a little startled.

“Oh, I,…I , umm a couple of minutes ago.,” He pulled away from me and greeted Adie with a hug.

“Did you come alone?” Adie taking a seat on the couch.

“Actually, yeah I did.” Brandon replied glancing over at me.

“Why?” She asked suspiciously. Ok, why is Adie asking to many questions?

“Adie, are you ready to go?” I asked interrupting their conversation.

“Oh yeah, let me get my bag.” she got up and left up stairs, apparently to look for her bag.

“Jean,” Brandon said taking a long sigh, “Are you still my girlfriend?”

I giggled, “Only if you’re my boyfriend.”