‹ Prequel: Long Gone

Coming Clean

ch.9

As we walked through the crowded streets of L.A., Brandon took my hand in his. I was so happy to be with him right now. After what had been happening the past few days I never thought he would fly over here just to see me.

Brandon leaned sideways to whisper something in my ear, when Adie squealed “Oh my god.” me and Brandon both turned to look at her pointing at a store. Through the outside you could see manikins with baby clothes.

I chuckled. “Adie, we still don‘t even know what they‘re going to be yet.”

“oh, oh, oh, can we go look? Please?” Brandon asked pouting.

“Yeah please?” Adie asked also pouting. “I looked at one and then the other. “Fine, we can go-” before I could finish my sentence they both rushed across the street into the store. Brandon dragged me by the hand.

As we entered the store, my eyes grew wide. I had never seen a store like this before. There were baby clothes in various sizes, strollers, bottles, and a bunch of other stuff. I tried to imagine being here with Andrew, but nothing came to mind. All I could think of was being here with Brandon……..which I was. I smiled to my self and went to look for Adie and Brandon who had scattered of when we entered the store.

When I found them, all the way in the back they were looking at a black baby shirt that had white letters on it “Born to rock.”

“JJJeeeaannnn, can we buy two of them?” Brandon asked holding up two fingers in front of him.

“I thought we were only looking?” I asked resting my hands on my waist.

“We were, but now were buying.” He said looking over at the cash register.

“No were not.”

“Yeah we are.”

“I said no.”

“I said yes.”

This kept going on for a couple of minutes, ‘till Adie came back. I hadn’t even noticed when she left. “Would you guys quit it?!”

I was shocked at her shouting… Now that I think about it, who wouldn’t be cranky after knowing that your loved one is miles away from you.

“Aww,” It was like if Brandon had read my mind, “Looks like Adie is missing a certain little someone, who happens to be named Billie.” He wrapped his arms around Adie trying to calm her down.

I was starting to get worried about her. Maybe she should have stayed back home. Adie closed her eyes and took a long sigh. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok, Adie. How about we go home now.” I suggested. I don’t want her to get all stressed out. She just nodded and handed me the bag she had in her hand. I took it, but didn’t ask what it was.

Brandon lead her out of the store, and I followed after them.

When we got back home, Adie took some painkillers and went into her room to take a nap. I on the other hand lead Brandon up to one of the other guest room and helped him unpack.

It was pretty late when we finished unpacking. Brandon closed the last drawer and walked over to where I was sitting. As he walked over I noticed that he had something behind his back.

“What is that?” I asked him as he took a seat.

“Nothing.” He replies quickly.

“Oh really?” I asked seductively. I gently pushed him backward onto the bed.

“Ok maybe I do have something…” He looked away from me. And handed me the bag he had in his hand. It was the same one Adie had handed me at the store. I straddle and looked at him until he returned his gaze to me.

“I told Adie to please buy them, ‘cause I knew you weren’t going to want to.” I looked at him confused. What was he talking about? He glanced at the bag.

Ohhh, he wanted me to look inside the bag. Fuck my mind was running slow today. I undid the knot on the bag and peaked inside.

One by one, I took out two black baby shirt just like the ones we had seen earlier. I set them neatly on the bed and looked at them.

“Jean, baby,” Brandon placed a hand under my chin and forced me to look at him, “Please don’t cry.” He slowly wiped the stray tears from my face away.

I couldn’t take it. I started to sob, so he wrapped his arms around me and brought me into an embrace. Today in the morning I though that everything I did turned out wrong, which technically did happen, but I never thought that this would happen. I had never felt like how I feel right now. The guy that I’m in love with is hugging me and showing to me that he cares.

I sobbed for a couple of minutes until the room went silent and Brandon started to stroke my back. “You Ok now?”

I nodded into his chest, “Brandon.”

“Yeah.”

“I want you to meet someone.”

“Who?”

I pulled away from him, “My sister.”

“I would love to.” He said smiling, but it slowly faded away.

I frowned, “You don’t have to meet her if you don’t want to.” He looked stunned at my statement.

“Of course I want to meet her, its just that something else popped into my mind.

“What?” I asked cupping his face in my hands.

He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I slowly let go of his face, but he quickly took m hands into his. “It’s not important, but I’ll tell you later ok.”

I nodded a little disappointed, but cuddled up next to him and turned of the lights. I quickly fell asleep, but before I was completely asleep I heard Brandon whisper something, but I didn’t make out what he said.