I Promised Never To Love You Again

Flashback

I sat on the window seat my legs resting against the glass. I watched the small rain drops hammer lightly on the window keeping a constant beat. I took in a deep breath closing my eyes and remembering the first time I had ever had my heart truly broken into pieces. It was crystal clear now; the most visible it’s been in months. I was going to be a senior tomorrow, this had happened toward the ending of my sophomore year. I imagined everything as if I were reliving that moment all over again.

I had been dating my first boyfriend, Nick Jonas. He was the most popular guy in the school and every girls dream to date him, and out of all the girls screaming his name, he had chosen me. He was the starring football quarterback of our school Jefferson High, and today was the last and most important game of the season. The clouds crackled above us but the players on the field continued to play and huddle calling out their shots. Out of all the players, my boyfriend Nick stood out the most, it was amazing how this guy made me feel. It was the last half 4th quarter and both sides were tied, the anticipation in the audience grew and the cheering had become louder. With only forty seconds on the clock, and the ball on Jefferson High’s side, we had to rush sixty yards, an incredible run, but most certainly not impossible run. Nick got into his position waiting patiently, the ball was started and the clock began to run. Everyone was cheering and screaming at the top of their throats, we were throwing our arms in the air, screaming and praying that we would run those sixty yards within the forty seconds left.

The silence grew as Nick caught the ball in the air rushing and dodging any obstacles in his way, he ducked down causing one of the other team’s players to miss him by only several inches. Nick then rushed to the end zone, our side of the bleachers went hysterical, screaming and flying out of our seats. Nick had made it, he threw the ball on the floor and yelled out, the clock had only two seconds on it, which ran out causing the whole team to crowd around him and throw him in the air. I cheered and smiled knowing my boyfriend had won the game and state championship for Jefferson High.

I quickly walked toward the stairs coming down off of the bleachers. The crowding on the field was slowing down and I couldn’t find Nick anywhere, he had disappeared in a matter of seconds and I was searching around for him to give him a huge hug and congrats. I came across one of his team mates Jack who I asked if he had seen Nick. He told me Nick had headed over to talk to the coach behind the bleachers, so I trailed toward the bleachers to see Nick, not with the coach, but instead making out with Sophia Danielson cheer captain, how cliché was that?

“Nick” I stuttered his name out, my heart felt as if it had shattered in a million little pieces and it would be impossible to pick each of them up.

“Alex” He pulled away laughing along with Sophia.

“What are you doing? We’re dating how can you do this to me?” I questioned choking back tears; Nick did nothing but snicker with Sophia.

“We aren’t really dating Alex, it was a bet that I could get anyone in the school even little innocent Alex, thanks sweetie you made me three hundred dollars richer” Nick continued to laugh kissing Sophia who had a devilish smirk on her face. A crowd had begun behind us, and the silence grew.

“It was a bet?” I asked biting down on my lip hard; I felt the tears in my eyes slip out.

“Of course it was hun, you didn’t think that THE Nick Jonas would actually want to date you and ask you out now did you?” Sophia cackled running her fingers through Nick’s hair.

“Innocent little stupid Alex? Is that all you think of me you ass hole?” I spat angrily, I grabbed the bracelet he had given me and tore it off my wrist throwing it to Sophia’s feet.

“I think that belongs to you, dumb slut” I smirked holding back any of my tears and walking away. I pushed through the crowd and ran to the school parking lot. The rain had begun to pour down mixing up with the tears spilling out of my eyes. This had to be the worst day of my life.

I got home drenched in rain, my makeup had run down my face and my clothes were covered in mud and dirt. I walked into the house and instantly ran up to my room sitting on my window seat huddling in a blanket and just crying. I promise I will never ever love him again; I hate Nick Jonas with every single inch of me.


I blinked several times shaking my head. I did hate Nick, more then any person in the world. He broke me down, since then I have become stronger, independent, and not such a little teachers pet. I was a normal teenager tired of drama and fed up with people who continued to step on her because she was too nice. I had become an adult faster then I wanted to because of Nick. Tomorrow I would finally leave Orlando, I was tired of this city, and I had done my research and found a boarding school in San Francisco that was absolutely perfect and fit my needs. Me and my best friend, Abby Taylors, who had agreed to join me were taking the first flight out of here tonight, and would be arriving there tomorrow morning, just in time for the orientation. Tomorrow would definitely be the most exciting day of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys new story!!!!! Feedback and comments are always nice to read!!! Please don't be shy to message me and tell me what you think! Thanks for taking the time to read! I hope you enjoy it enough to subscribe!! BYE BYE!