I Promised Never To Love You Again

The Departure and Arrival

I grabbed my suitcase kicking it to land on the wheels. I pulled it to the steps and then lifted it up walking down each step carefully. I finally got on the first floor and sighed in relief, I was bringing two suitcases and a carry on bag. We had to wear uniforms at the school, so only clothes I had to wear out is what I brought. Abby was sitting on the couch starring at me while laughing; she obviously thought it was amusing to watch me struggle with my luggage.

“Are you finally ready? I think I made it to be 100 years old” Abby laughed taking a sip from her Pepsi can.

“Yes, don’t get your panties in a bunch, I just need to go say bye to my parents” I sighed letting go of my suitcase. I walked to the backyard to see my mom teary eyed and my dad comforting her.

“Hey mom, dad” I smiled leaning on the doorframe, my mom swiftly walked over bringing me into a tight warm hug.

“God honey! I’m going to miss you like crazy” She spoke kissing the top of my head.

“Awe mom, you can always come visit me, and then there are holidays, don’t worry the months will fly by” I smiled, my mom pulled away while my dad engulfed in yet another tight hug.

“Take care of yourself, and remember no boys” My dad stated making me chuckle.

“Some of the dorms are coed you know” I joked causing my dad to stiffen and widen his eyes.

“I can’t believe I agreed for my daughter to go across the country to a boarding school that has coed dorms” My dad muttered rubbing his forehead while shaking his head.

“I love you guys, I’ll keep in touch” I smiled giving them one last hug.

“We love you too sweetie” My mom spoke while I walked toward the inside of the living room where Abby was waiting for me.

“Are you done?” She spoke her mouth full and her lips and fingers covered in powder.

“What are you eating?” I questioned crossing my arms and tapping my foot.

“Powdered doughnuts, I found them in your carry on” She frowned wiping the powder away.

“You ate my powdered doughnuts?!” I yelled closing my eyes trying to calm down.

“Those damn doughnuts were supposed to save me from airplane food!” I continued glaring at her.

“Oh what do you know, it’s late we should probably start heading to the airport” Abby scrambled to her feet laughing nervously while grabbing one of my suitcases and opening the door. I still held my glare on her while she motioned me to exit. I shook my head trying to ignore the fact she had devoured a full box of powdered doughnuts in the five minutes I had been saying my goodbyes, I should have put locks on my luggage. We walked toward her car throwing my stuff in the backseat.

-----

The airport was extremely crowded and everyone was pushing and shoving to get to their terminals. After going through all the crap you have to go through at the airport, luggage check, passport check, and any other things the airport came up with to stop a security breech. We finally made it to our gate giving the attendant our tickets. She smiled politely while we boarded the plane getting to our seats, I hate flights, and this was going to be the longest flight I’ve ever been on. So pretty much, the addition of hating planes plus a long flight would equal hell with wings.

We sat down in our seats putting on our seatbelts and waiting for everyone to board.

“You did make sure we have our own dorm right?” I questioned, Abby did nothing but nod and bite down on her lip. She wasn’t such a big fan of flights either.

“Um yea, but they only had a three person dorm available so I took it” She mumbled quickly, my heart stopped.

“What!?” I screamed, the flight attendant glared at me along with everyone on the plane.

“What? It was either that or we get separated. Which do you prefer?” Abby spoke in a smart tone rolling her eyes. Her fingers were now clawing in into the arm rests when she realized everyone had boarded, and we were only minutes away from flying 22,000 feet in the air.

----

I don’t understand how I lived through that flight; there was turbulence every five seconds due to severe thunderstorms. How the hell does a plane fly through a thunderstorm!? It shouldn’t be allowed. My knees were weak once we had finally entered the airport and I looked at Abby who was a pale white.

“I can’t feel my legs” She squeaked shaking a little, I laughed while we walked to luggage pickup. We waited our arms crossed when our luggage tumbled down. We quickly grabbed our suitcases and headed for the pickup area; the school was sending a cab which we unfortunately ended up waiting twenty minutes for in the heat. The yellow cab pulled up in front of us way too late. My forehead was already covered in sweat and I felt like a sticky mess. The driver came out and loaded the luggage in the trunk while we got in the backseat.

“Terrance Boarding School please” I spoke politely, we closed the door and the driver pulled out quickly taking turns onto unknown streets. Finally after going twenty miles over the allowed speed limit and making many illegal U turns we pulled up in a parking lot of an extremely large building. When we got out we gawked, the high school looked like a university, and it was enormous! Students and staff were flooding in and out of the school. Some of the kids just stood in front of the school talking. The driver unloaded the car and we grabbed our luggage taking in a deep breath.

“This place is gigantic” I spoke, Abby nodded agreeing to what I had just said.

“That’s exactly why we are heading to the front desk to pick up our dorm keys and schedule, and then we can lock ourselves in that room and wait for everything to settle down.

I nodded; we quickly walked pushing past people getting checked out but some guys and glared at by some girls. Finally we pushed through the front doors and entered the main office waiting in a long line. After about a fifteen minute wait we were called up to the front of the desk where a middle aged woman handed us two envelops, two keys, and for each of us a set of five uniforms. We managed to balance everything while walking to the elevator that was going to take us to the third floor where our room #430 was.

“This is ridiculous!” Abby yelled all of the stuff collapsing to the floor of the elevator.

“Damn it” She hissed bending down and picking everything up.

“Well at least they keep us on our toes, I’m exhausted I didn’t sleep anything on that plane, so as soon as we get to the room I’m taking a nap before the orientation” I yawned covering my mouth.

“Dido” Abby stacked her things neatly in her arms. The elevator door beeped revealing a hall of disaster and chaos. Everyone was running around, guys were throwing around a football, groups were talking, others were screaming. My eyes widened and I felt Abby grip my arm.

“Ok we run and get into our room before we are mobbed” Abby stated, I nodded and swallowed hard.

“One, two, three, go!” I yelled while we pushed through and ran through everyone.

“Hey babe” A male’s voice spoke.

“Ew gross!” Abby shrieked while we continued to run.

“Hey Blondie, I heard blondes always have more fun” Another guy said, I gagged from disgust.

“Gross” I stated, we finally slammed into our room door sighing in relief.

“Stick the fricken key in, and open the damn door before more people come” Abby hissed while I scrambled with the key, I finally shoved it into the key hole and the door opened wide. We ran in slamming the door behind us and leaning on it.

“I never want to do that again” Abby breathed hard straightening out.

“Never, never again” I spoke trying to catch my breath when I set eyes on a scene I wish I hadn’t seen. There was one guy and a girl making out deeply on the couch. Abby glanced at me widening her eyes.

“Hey! We don’t want to disturb you but can’t you two take this else where?” I yelled out, the couple pulled away and the girl jumped to her feet.

“Oh my gosh! You two must be my roommates!” She screamed excitedly engulfing both me and Abby in a large hug. My eyes widened and I starred awkwardly at the short girl hugging me tightly. She pulled away and giggled.

“I’m Autumn! I’m your roommate!” She yelled once again laughing with happiness.

“Oh joy” I muttered under my breath while Abby hit me with her arm.

“Be nice” Abby mumbled, I shook my head from side to side.

“I’m Abby Taylors, and this is my best friend Alex Copeland” Abby smiled nudging me forward.

“Nice meeting you” I forced a smile looking at Abby who was grinning. The guy Autumn was making out with stood to his feet turning around. My heart stopped and my breath hitched in my throat. I felt Abby stiffen beside me.

“Oh jeez! That’s rude of me! This is my boyfriend Nick!” Autumn spoke quickly running over to Nick and dragging him over. He stood up straight looking at me awkwardly.

“Wow Nick, you haven’t changed, it’s like every single time I walk in on you your making out with someone” I smirked venom burning out of my words. I hoped he heard the clear sarcasm, and obviously he did because his face turned pale and his eyes narrowed.

“Well! We’re going to get going!” Autumn stated grabbing Nick and dragging him out of the room and closing the door behind her.

“Alex, are you alright?” Abby questioned, I stood up straight not moving a single muscle, that was until everything went black and I felt my body hit something hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!!!! New chapter update! Please comment or message if you like the story, feedback is always nice! And if you really enjoyed the story enough go ahead and subscribe!!! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the chapter :) If you like this story please check out my other story FALLING IN LOVE WAS NEVER PART OF THE JOB! it may be slow right now but the next chapter coming out July 15 will surely leave you speechless :) Me and my best friend gigglygirl (check out her page!) wrote it together. I hope you are able to check it out. KK BYE BYE!!!