I Promised Never To Love You Again

What A Day

We had finished eating right in time for the orientation. I was a little upset saying I didn’t get to take my nap because of all the chaos and drama happening, but I managed to crowd into the theater with Abby. Autumn was a few feet behind us grasping onto Nick’s arm, I shivered just thinking about him. I had found out Autumn was cheer captain, again how cliché was that, well I guess he likes cheerleaders, obviously, he was swapping spit with one last time I saw him.

“Hey! Alex! Abby!” I turned around to see Alan waving us over, I smiled feeling my heart flutter, so what! The guy was cute and funny. I grabbed Abby pulling her beside me while we walked over to Alan.

“Come sit!” Alan smiled; I nodded while we squeezed in plopping down in our seats.

“So what was up with Joe?” Abby asked Alan making him laugh and smirk, he then took in a deep breath giving her a knowing look.

“Well, his younger brother texted him, just something that happened today, so he wanted to talk to Joe” Alan shrugged still smirking at Abby.

“Now the real question is... Are you crushing on Joe?” Alan wiggled his eyebrows causing Abby to blush an extremely deep red.

Alan cracked up; I joined him smiling at Abby who had crossed her arms trying to hide her blush.

“So what about you Alex, are you crushing on anyone?” Alan raised his eyebrows flirtatiously making me smirk back.

“I might be” I stated biting down on my lip causing Alan to give me a crooked smile, when the principal tapped the mic to see if it was working. He then cleared his throat getting all of our attention. Alan was going to say something but he shook his head looking up at the tall middle aged man.

“Hello Students! And welcome to Terrance Boarding School, I hope you have met your roommates and found your dorms” The room cheered and Alan turned around kissing my cheek making me widen my eyes and smile.

“I was wondering Alex, if you wanted to maybe sometime go out on a date with me?” He stated, I laughed shaking my head still grinning.

“What if the guy I’m crushing on isn’t you” I smirked jokingly making Alan bite down on his lip and smirk.

“I’m up for a challenge if I get you as the winning prize” I couldn’t help but smile grabbing his hand.

“I’d love to” I stated making him laugh and nod, the theater quieted down and Alan continued to grab my hand making me sigh and smile seeing our hands together, this was better then I could have ever imagined. When I glanced up I saw Nick starring at me with an unreadable expression. I couldn’t help it, I stuck out my tongue and he quickly straightened out starring at the front.

“Ok, we are here to talk about the goals of Terrance Boarding School, as the staff we will make the students grow to be more respectful adults, we will give them rigorous course work to show them how the real life will be” The principal continued to speak, I yawned sinking in my seat to see Alan laugh from my peripheral, he obviously thought my reaction was amusing. I smiled just starring up at him.

I managed to sit through an hour of that boring lecture, how? Probably just being with Alan, he made me feel all warm in fuzzy inside, like a candle had been lit within me. I only knew him for a few hours, and he had me feeling love struck. I had to shake it off trying to focus on school, official classes would start in two days, the teachers wanted to give us enough time to settle down and get to know others. I wanted to give them a big hug and thanks, because of that for two days I didn’t have to see Nick every second of the day, only when he was with Autumn did I have to see him, which was very good news.

After flooding out of the theater when the orientation had ended Alan walked us to our room and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek saying goodnight and then walking away. I sighed looking at Abby who was smirking at me.

“Remember school is why we’re here” She laughed opening the door, when the door opened again Autumn and Nick were making out.

“Jesus Christ if I have to see this every single time I walk into my dorm I’m going to be sick!” Abby yelled angrily crossing her arms. Autumn pulled away straightening out while Nick just stared up at me a knowing smile on his lips. I felt sick to my stomach; the smile was like a “Throwing this in your face” kind of smile. I flipped him off making the little grin fall off of his lips.

“Alright, goodnight Nicky!” Autumn cried while Nick pushed past me and Abby walking out the door.

“I hate that prick” I stated rolling my eyes and walking into the kitchen.

“Ok really! What’s the tension between you and my boyfriend?” Autumn asked bitterly crossing her arms. I rolled my eyes opening up the fridge to see if the school stocked it up with any food.

“Awe sweetie it’s really complicated” I spoke sarcastically settling for a water bottle. I unscrewed the top while Autumn still glared at me.

“What are you starring at?” I sighed putting the lid back on the bottle after I had taken a sip.

“What do you not want to tell me about Nick!?” She yelled standing to her feet. I again rolled my eyes walking away from her into my room with Abby close behind.

“And does she know? Know about the times you used to hold me? Wrapped me in your arms, and how you told me, I’m the only one” I sang quietly laughing; just singing the words from the Best Days Of Your Life by Kellie Pickler made me smile. I loved that song, and it went so great with the whole Nick situation.

“Autumn is going to catch on about you and Nick” Abby stated walking and grabbing her suitcase.

“Well when she does, I don’t think I’ll live to be a hundred for her to flip out about it” I snickered grabbing my suitcase pulling out my PJ’s.

“She’s not that stupid you know” Abby rolled her eyes pulling off her shirt and slipping on a tank top.

“She’s not stupid, but she’s slow” I shrugged doing the same but instead slipping on my pants first.

“Alex for Christ sake, what I’m trying to say is that our plan is going to be a lot harder if our roommate is dating him” Abby pointed at the door, I stopped dressing and just starred at her. She crossed her arms rolling her eyes once again.

“But since I’m your best friend I will help you with getting back at him once” I smiled putting on my tank top while she slipped on some shorts.

“But you do have to get your head in the game, which of course means, no and I mean no funny business with Nick” Abby stated, I laughed nodding.

“What ever happened between me and him is over, I don’t want anything to do with him” Abby paused checking my expression, she then nodded fixing her pillow and folding over her blankets.

“Good, because Nick obviously still remembers you and knowing him he has something up his sleeve” She continued, I shrugged plopping down on the bed.

“I don’t have the slightest clue, but all I know is he’s not going to use me...again

Abby nodded sitting down on the bed and getting comfortable leaning back onto her pillows.

“We’re going to have to see about that, think about it Alex, you are Nick’s ex, if you consider you guys dated, and then he left with no word, there still has to be some little spark in you” Abby sat up eyeing me closely. I rolled my eyes and covered my face shaking my head.

“No, no there isn’t, I promised myself I would never love him again” Abby leaned back again sighing.

“I know you won’t, but tell your heart that, I saw the way he looked at you when we walked in, and if I’m not wrong it was a longing look” Abby laughed, I rolled my eyes and sat up quickly.

“Nick is my ex, EX, screw his “longing” look, I fell for that once, I’m not falling for it again” I scooted off the bed pulling myself to my feet. I then pushed my suitcase aside getting it out of my way, and then I walked over to the door twisting the knob opening it to come face to face with Autumn. My mouth fell open and I didn’t let a single yell escape my lips. She was very angry, she was annoyed, and she had obviously heard EVERYTHING.

“I knew it! You’re Nick’s ex!” She screamed angrily pointing a finger at me. I turned around to look at an extremely shocked Abby, and then back to see a furious Autumn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys!!!!!! Here's another update! I'm trying to keep this story up and running! haha Thanks to all my subscribers and commenters, and also the people who took the time in reading my story! I hope you enjoyed it enough to subscribe or even tell your friends to check it out. If you liked this story enough please check out my other stuff including FALLING IN LOVE WAS NEVER PART OF THE JOB! a new chapter will be posted July 15, I'm writing it with my best friend gigglygirl (CHECK HER OUT!) I hope you get around to reading it :) Thanks again! and ENJOY!!!!