Sequel: We'll Feel So Alive
Status: Rewrite.

They'll Think It's Just Cause We're Young

five ;

Breanne smiled brightly as she skipped past Lynette, who was chatting away happily on the phone with Brad. The men's hockey team just wrapped up a winning weekend away and were due home later that evening. Breanne picked up her phone and dialed Ryan's number, sprawling across her bed on her stomach.

After the sixth ring, she didn't expect him to answer at all. A disappointed sigh escaped her lips just as the ringing stopped.

"Hey," he breathed out, shuffling things around in the background. Breanne smiled at the sound of his voice.

"Congrats on a Sioux sweep," she said cheerfully. She heard Ryan exhale deeply through the phone.

"Thanks," he mumbled lowly. Brianne's smile melted from her face at his tone.

"What's wrong, Ry?" She wondered, rolling over onto her back.

"Nothing's wrong," he spoke sharply. Breanne could practically feel the daggers through the airwaves. She frowned, glancing over at Lynette who was still exchanging sweet words with her boyfriend.

"There's obviously something wrong..." she pressed on. Breanne knew Ryan hadn't had the best weekend. He had taken quite a few bad penalties and didn't register any shots on goal. Ryan had high standards when it came to his gameplay but she didn't expect it to alter his mood so drastically.

"Fuck Breanne, get off my back. We're not dating or anything, I don't owe you a damn thing," he spat, the venom thick in his voice. She could barely picture her sweet, kind Ryan actually speaking these words to her. Her jaw slacked ajar. She didn't get a chance to reply before he hung up the phone.

Breanne dropped her phone onto her comforter. Her face contorted into one of confusion after the initial shock faded away.

In the month or so that the two had become close, Breanne never got the vibe that Ryan was one to show his temper. She stared at her phone, anticipating his call to tell her it was just a joke. The black phone screen taunted her and that never came so Breanne got off her bed and made her way to the bathroom, ignoring her roommate's quizzical look. Breanne was suddenly very annoyed by the couple's constant display of affection.

Breanne lined her eyes with the darkest eyeliner she had and ran mascara through her eyelashes until they were impossibly long. Then, once again brushing off Lynette's curious looks, she exchanged her too big sweatpants for a tiny jean skirt and a long sleeve fitted American Eagle shirt.

"I'm going out," was her only words to Lynette as the blonde finally ended her phone conversation with her boyfriend.

"What happened, Bre?" Lynette asked, standing from her bed to stand behind the brunette. Breanne shrugged before coating them with pink lipgloss. She pursed her lips at her reflection and then looked at her roommate through the mirror.

"Ryan's just a dick. No big," she replied, brushing it off as if it were truly no big deal. But in Breanne's mind, it was. The main reason she was so attracted to Ryan was due to his kindness and gentle demeanor. She was so taken aback by his sudden outburst that she didn't know what to think. Recalling his harshness, Breanne felt the salty tears sting her eyes.

"We aren't dating or anything."

Breanne blinked back the tears that were threatening to spill over and prayed that Lynette hadn't noticed them. But like any good friend, she recognized the hurt that was painted across Breanne's normally soft features.

Lynette knew better than to press the subject. Asking Breanne exactly what had happened would only upset her more and Lynette didn't want that. Her roommate would speak upon the subject when she was ready. Maybe after a night of drinking and clearing her thoughts would do her good. But realistically, drinking on a heavy mind was never the brightest idea.

"Do you want me to have Brad talk to him?" She asked softly, taking a step toward Breanne, who spun to face her roommate. The slightly taller of the two, Breanne, smiled sadly and shook her head.

"It's alright, Lyn, I can deal with it." Lynette simply nodded and carefully eyed Breanne as she collected her belongings.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Once again, Breanne smiled at her friend's worried tone. She pulled Lynette into a quick hug.

"Thanks, but you know Bradley will throw a fit if you go out without him," Breanne laughed. Lynette knew she was right so she didn't bother to argue her case.

"We aren't dating or anything."

It didn't take long for Breanne to find a party. It was almost midnight and mostly everyone was already intoxicated. Breanne used that as an excuse to play catch up. Everyone was still celebrating the Sioux's wins this weekend but Breanne longed to forget about the entire hockey team as a whole.

She had taken too many shots, she was sure of that. The entire world shifted each time she blinked her eyes. The girl sitting next to her laughed before she sipped from her red cup. Breanne remembered the girl's name to be Maddy but at this point in the night, she wasn't too sure about anything.

"You're Bre Miller, right?" Maddy asked. Breanne raised a brow, looking sideways at her newly acquired drinking acquaintance.

"Yeah, why?" She questioned back and then finished her drink. The red head shrugged.

"No reason. I've just heard of you, that's all." Breanne rolled her eyes and jumped off the bed at the mention of a beer bong somewhere around her. She didn't care where this random girl had heard her name. That was something Breanne had grown used to here in North Dakota. Everyone knew her brother so they assumed they knew her too.

Though she probably shouldn't have, Breanne refilled her cup and then set out to find where the beer bong was. That was something else that she shouldn't have done. But her conversation with Ryan had slipped her mind and she was happy. That's all that mattered right now anyway.

Breanne couldn't see straight anymore and that's when a group of people entered the on campus apartment party. By the cheers, she knew exactly who they were. Her eyes instantly connected with the baby faced boy who sent her a sympathetic smile. She didn't pay him any attention and left her post at the pong table.

She stumbled up the stairs, past bodies and abandoned cups. With her back against the wall in the dark hallway, she slid down to the floor and put her head in her knees.

Breanne suddenly realized drinking away her feelings was a horrible mistake. You couldn't simply just drown your problems, no matter how bad you wished you could. They would always come back, and they usually did so while you were too altered to properly deal with them.

Only when Breanne felt a jean clad leg brush against hers did she look up. TJ sat himself next to her, his large hand running through his long hair. She sighed, laying her cheek on her knees as she looked up at him. He leaned over, pressing his lips against her head.

"Pull your skirt down," he spoke softly into her hair as he caught a glimpse of her neon pink underwear. Breanne let out a groan, and wiggled her hips a bit as she tugged down on the denim. TJ's booming laughter filled her ears.

"You're wasted," he pointed out with a large grin plastered on his face. Breanne ignored him but went on admiring him very noticeably. TJ smirked as he caught Breanne staring.

"And you look cute in your glasses," she slurred, her ocean blue eyes taking in every detail of his face. He laughed a little and thanked her before snatching her drink off the ground and taking a long chug. He pulled back and cringed at the taste of the strong liquors.

"No wonder you're so drunk," he commented under his breath. Breanne just shrugged and looked away, suddenly reminded why exactly she was so drunk. TJ sighed. "Sorry Dunc's being an ass." This caught Breanne's attention and she raised a pampered eyebrow at the hockey player. "Lynette told Mills," he explained. Breanne nodded with an exhale deep from her lungs. She knew word would get around of their little argument. Bad news traveled fast on this campus.

The alcohol enhanced Breanne's feelings and while she tried to fight it, a single year escaped and fell from her eyelash, taking some of her black makeup along with it. TJ took notice instantaneously. He hesitated, not sure what to do. After a moment, he wrapped his long arms around her small body and pulled her into his lap.

In her drunken state, Breanne didn't question his motives what so ever. She leaned her head against his chest and relaxed. Something about TJ Oshie calmed her, sending her into compete serenity. His hand stroked the small of her back, sending chills down her spine and the other rested on her bare knee. She couldn't recall how long they sat there in a comfortable silence until he finally said something.

"I should probably get you back to your dorm. You need to sleep this off.” Breanne's bottom lip jutted out, forming a pout that TJ found incredibly hard to resist.

“I don’t wanna go back there!” she drunkenly argued. “Brad and Lynnette are there.” Her face contorted, forming a look of disgust. “Take me back to your place?” He sighed and looked around nervously, avoiding her eyes. He bit down on his lower lip, lost in his head before he finally gave a defeated nod.

“Okay, let’s go.” He announced, standing up before extending his hand to pull Breanne up. He pulled her straight into his chest unintentionally, but she took advantage of it and wrapped her arms around his waist. His fingers tickled the exposed skin on her back where the shirt she wore had folded up.

“Teej, I’m sleepy.” She whined. TJ inaudibly groaned as her body pressed against his. Breanne was making it hard for him to resist her. He found away the urge to sweep her off her feet and press his lips against hers.

"I know babe, come on.” He forced himself to release her, and laced his fingers between her dainty ones. TJ led her down the stairs and didn't bother to say goodbye to his friends. They probably wouldn't notice he was gone anyway. His fingers tightened around Breanne's squeezing her hand in his. She felt the tips of her fingers tingle at his touch. “This is such a bad idea.” She ignored his mumbles and let him lead her to his truck that was parked nearby, stealthily avoiding the campus police as they made their hourly rounds.

Breanne must have fallen asleep during the drive with her alcohol induced flushed face pressed against the cool window. TJ scooped her body into his strong arms and quietly swung the car door closed. Stirring in his arms, she opened her beautiful eyes and looked up at him as he started up the stairs. She yawned and looped her arms around his neck before burying her face into his chest.

“I can walk, you know,” she murmured into his shirt.

“For whatever reason, I imagine this is the easiest way to get you up the steps,” he said under his breath as he navigated himself skillfully through the dark room. Kicking the door shut behind him, he set the girl on his bed. Breanne pushed her face into his navy blue sheets as he shuffled around in his drawers. Breanne basked in the scent of the blankets around her. It smelt just like him and the bed was far more comfortable than her standard dorm issues mattress.

“I wish you would keep your skirt pulled down...." he trailed off, but Breanne wasn’t paying much attention. TJ let out a deep sigh and pulled her up by her hand.

“Here's some clothes. The bathroom is across the hall.” Breanne stood from the bed with a little trouble, and then took the shorts and shirt out of his hand. She easily pushed the jean skirt down her curvy hips and to the floor. TJ's eyes widened and looked away. Though he was longing to have Breanne out of her clothes, he was determined to have her sober when it happened. She pulled on the far too large mesh shorts before pulling her shirt over her head. She whimpered, losing herself in the suddenly maze of a shirt.

TJ's fingers brushed against the tanned skin of her stomach ever so lightly. Shivers tore through her body as he assisted her in pulling the shirt over her head, leaving the brunette in only a bra. As she stood there shirtless, completely paralyzed as she looked into his green eyes, he inched closer and closer. Every centimeter seemed like an eternity, but as the seconds went by, his face was getting nearer. But when his face was so close that she could feel the heat from his lips against hers, she came to her senses.

Her head turned last second, letting TJ's lips collide with her pink tinged cheek. He pulled away, feeling dejected as he turned around and walked back to his dresser. Tj pulled the hat off of his head, and then ran his fingers through his hair as Breanne took in his every movement. She was mesmerized by how graceful every move he made was. She watched as he tugged the shirt over his head, exposing his muscular back to her hungry eyes. All of a sudden, Breanne regretted not accepting his kiss.

She fell backwards onto his bed, feeling herself sober up as each second passed. Unintentionally, her eyes trailed to TJ just before he slid his jeans down his legs, leaving him in only his black boxer briefs. Her eyes widened as he turned towards her. A blush rushed to her cheeks while she looked away, feigning innocence.

“I’m going to sleep on the couch,” his soft voice informed Breanne, leaning down to kiss the soft skin of her forehead. “Sleep tight, Bre," he said as he stepped through the doorway and turned off the lights.

“Tj?” Breanne called out softly just before the door clicked shut. “Please stay in her with me?” Though it was dark, TJ nodded and made his way through the darn to his bed.

With TJ's arms protectively wrapped around her, and her head comfortably resting on his bare chest, Breanne fell asleep without a second thought. She had no idea that a horrible wake up call would be coming her way in just a few short hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I didn't proof read this because it's 3 am, it took forever to write and I'm exhausted. So if anyone sees any mistakes, feel free to point them out please and thanks lol

Anyway. Hope you guys like. Please comment and tell me what you think. Also, I started a new Jonathan Toews story tonight. Check it out ;)