Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Nine.

The door slammed shut behind me in Jack's face. He had frustrated me beyond belief. Who was he to tell me what to do?! I was going to make my own decisions, and tell him in my own damn time. Jack had no say in the matter. This was between me and Alex; no one else. How dare he butt into this?!
"Someone go comfort lover boy, I'm sure he needs to bitch about my selfish ways to one of you," I snarled at the two people sat on my sofa staring at me with wide eyes.
"I'll go," Marissa offered, sending Alex a look I didn't catch as she left to comfort Jack. I didn't quite care at the moment. They could be sending each other the 'fuck-me-right-now' look, and I still wouldn't give a damn. I knew it was safer for Marissa to be out there talking to Jack right now, what with the mood he was in, he would probably spill the beans to Alex just to get at me. I shot an angry look in Alex's direction at the thought. This was his fault. He was the reason Jack and I had had our first ever fall out. Sure, we argued, but never in the time I'd known him had we actually fallen out like we had just done. I stormed off into my room, slamming the door shut before Alex could even think to move from the sofa.
"Holly?" He asked, softly knocking on my door.
"Don't call me that," I snapped, turning away from the door as it started to open.
"Sorry, you know I think it's pretty." I felt the bed sink and his arm go around me. His head rested on my shoulder and my jaw clenched. He was making it difficult to be mad. "Come on, Jase, what's going on? You've never fallen out with Jack before."
"How would you know? You don't even know me!"
"Jack would have mentioned it, I know how close the two of you are. And I've told you, I want to. I'm trying."
"Then try harder to get a fucking grip on reality. Nothing's exactly the way you fucking want it to be, nothing's the way it fucking seems!" I sighed and tried to calm myself down before continuing. "When you see Jodie this weekend at Rian's party, ignore what she says. I know what she's going to say, don't ask how, but I do. And I know it's a lie."
"What are you talking about?"
"You'll find out Saturday. I promise I'll explain everything then." I said, finally relaxing back into his arms.
"Pinkie promise?" I laughed at the sight of his little finger sticking out for me to take. I curled my little finger around his, still smiling. "You're cutest when you smile. It hurts me to see you upset."
"I wasn't upset, I was mad."
"It hurts me to see you feeling bad emotions?"
"You're adorable."
"And it doesn't take you long to bounce back, does it?"
"I've learned to deal over the years. Plus, you make it impossible to for me to stay mad at anyone."
"I love it when I make you happy." I blushed and ducked my head, trying to make my hair hide my cheeks. "Aww, you're blushing! I can't believe I made you blush!"
"You always seem to do that. Be proud, you're the only boy to do this to me sober."
"Who was the last to do that to your drunk?" My stomach quickly knotted itself and I gulped, thinking up what I could say without giving myself away as fast as possible.
"The guy I hooked up with on Saturday." I said my words carefully, deliberating every word as it left my mouth. I had to tell him it was him, without letting him know the truth. I couldn't lie, but I couldn't tell the whole truth either. I couldn't tell him about him and me just yet.
"So not long ago then?"
"Well, if you asked me that this time last week I would have said 'some random months ago'," I chuckled.
"So I caught you at a bad time then?"
"Sort of, yeah." The front door clicked shut only moments later, signalling that at least Marissa had returned. I sighed and stood up, letting Alex's arm fall. "Come on, we'd better go see how pissed off Jack is at me." Opening the door, I saw Jack sat in the main room alone.
"Marissa's in her room, I'm not allowed to leave until we make up," he told me sadly.
"It's cool, I'm over it," I shrugged.
"I'm sorry I threw a fit at you for it. I know it's your decision. I don't regret telling you what I think, you need to know that much."
"And I'm sorry for starting the whole argument and for being a selfish bitch. You win, I'm taking your advice." I was still fully aware of Alex stood behind me, listening intently to every word.
"You mean soon?"
"Very soon," I nodded, making Jack smile.
"Tell me when you have?" I simply nodded again in reply.
"What the fuck are you two talking about?!" Alex burst out.
"We're not explaining. Once you know her as long as I have, you'll understand."
"You guys are impossible."
"You love us."
"Unfortunately so."
"It's not unfortunate, it's lucky!"
"It means I'll never be able to handle getting rid of the two of you!" He groaned.
"Yeah, like I said, lucky! But, we love you too, Alex!"
"Better do, bitch."
"You're such a freak."
"Stop bitching at each other in my home!" I interrupted.
"Fine, we'll leave! Come on, Jack, we're obviously not welcome here anymore."
"Alex, no! Don't leave me!" I pouted, clasping onto his arm and adding puppy dog eyes onto my plea.
"Oh, thanks, what about me?"
"Marissa wants you to stay," I winked. His eyes brightened.
"I like your argument."
"Anyway, Alex, stay longer!"
"I have to be home in an hour," he sighed.
"Tell your mom you're staying at Jack's?"
"Then what about Jack?"
"Well, he can do what he likes. Stay here and woo Marissa or go home and fuck his mom," I shrugged, smirking.
"Dude, it's my job to fuck Jack's mom!"
"Alex, keep your hands off my mother!"
"Sorry, bro, she's a milf," Alex shrugged. He seemed so serious, it was scary. I was so worried for Jack's mom at the moment. The boys continued on their argument, Alex constantly telling Jack how good his mom was in bed. The boy had my head going wild. I constantly felt on the brink of telling him everything about the previous weekend. I was glad the end of my secrecy was coming nearer. It felt like forever since this whole escapade had started, even if it was only a matter of days. I knew Jack and Marissa had seen my resolve waning from the moment he and I had first officially met. Now all I needed was the courage to actually let the words out and tell him it was me. I didn't know if I cared that my reputation would go even further downhill once the entire school found out I had left him in bed alone. I didn't know if I cared that he would probably use me that night. All I was sure I cared about was that I would no longer be hiding anything from Alex. Not a damn thing. I knew I cared about him more than anyone I knew. More than Jack; more than Marissa. And this was only the start of my downward spiral. Alex Gaskarth was going to be the boy I stuck around for in the morning, had he not become that boy already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in under a week?
Oh, I know, I'm good. :)