Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Ten.

"You have our CD's!" Alex screamed, jumping off the chair he had been stood on to reach my CD collection, his CD's in hand. "You have our CD's! You like us! Jack! My favourite girl likes our music! How awesome is that?!" Alex was jumping up and down around the main room now. It was midnight almost and all of us were crashed out on my sofa half asleep. All of us but Alex, as you can already tell. He had been as tired as us only moments ago, up until he discovered those CD's. I adored Alex's voice on them both, the songs mainly describing the way he and I went about things. Alex shoved The Party Scene into the player and pressed shuffle, the CD automatically starting. He turned the volume up ever so slightly and sat back down next to me, his arm going around my waist as though it was second nature. It was only two songs in, Alex singing the words softly with my head on his shoulder, when Marissa spoke up for the first time in ages.
"We're going to bed," she smiled, fingers laced with Jack's.
"Oh, 'we' are, are 'we'?" I smirked.
"Yes, we are. We as in Jack and I. Goodnight, Jasey. 'Night, Alex." I waved her off as they walked into her bedroom and shut the door.
"Five bucks says she gets with him on or before Saturday night."
"I give it until at least one a.m. Sunday," he laughed.
"You're on, Gaskarth," I said, shaking his hand to seal the bet. I sighed as I leaned back into Alex. "I'm tired."
"Go to bed then," he told me.
"But then I'll be alone and won't be out here with you."
"I'll be here in the morning, Holly." I didn't freak out at him for calling me it this time, it actually made me smile.
"I'll feel bad about you being out here listening to your CD alone."
"Then I'm sure you'll fall asleep before you think about it too much," he said as I let out a yawn.
"Come to bed with me? Then you can listen to your CD in my room and neither of us will be lonely or feel guilty!"
"I thought you'd never ask," he laughed, taking my hand and pulling me up. I grabbed the CD as we went by the player.
"Turn around," I ordered, letting go of his hand as I reached for my pajamas, putting the CD in the player in my room.
"Aww, come on, Holly!" He protested.
"I'm not turning you on."
"You won't forget that, will you?"
"I promise to laugh at you for it as much as possible. Now, turn around."
"Fine!" He groaned. I laughed, quickly getting changed and making my way back to Alex, wrapping my arms around him. "You do realise I was facing a mirror, right?"
"Alex!"
"You're blushing again. Do I make you nervous?"
"A little," I admitted. He chuckled and kissed my forehead.
"Don't worry, you make me more than just a little bit nervous."
"You're adorable," I stated.
"So you always tell me."
"I like you to know my opinion."
"Come on, get to bed. You look like you're going to pass out."
"Like I haven't heard that before," I grumbled, allowing him to push me onto my bed.
"Difference is, I'm not trying to get into your pants." I groaned and pulled the covers up to my chin. Alex stripped down to his boxers and lay behind me, hugging me close.
"Goodnight, Alex."
"Goodnight, Holly."
His voice was the last thing I heard that night. I wouldn't admit it, but I fell asleep smiling for the first time I could ever remember. The boy had me exactly where he wanted me. Now he could make or break me as he chose.