Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Eighteen.

It had been weeks of much the same happenings. Alex's birthday had been amazing. We'd spent the day together watching movies at my apartment, then partied 'til we passed out at Rian's again. Frank had taken to bragging day in and day out, trying his hardest to get Alex to give. He wanted the entire thing to be started by Alex. Every time he goaded Alex I could see him get a little closer to breaking, and I didn't want to watch whatever it was Frank had planned for him. I knew there was no escaping the aftermath, but I wasn't sure I could handle seeing it happen. I couldn't bear the thought of Alex being hurt.
We had been together a month and a half now, and it was finally Christmas break. Two weeks of freedom before we returned to school. The only thing I wasn't looking forward to was Christmas and New Year's lunch with my parents and their 'darling neighbours'. I highly doubted I was going to love their son as much as they told me I would. Knowing my luck I'd probably have walked out on him before at some point. Awkward much? I never did interact with anyone in our neighbourhood. 3 years here and I had still yet to know the name of a single person on this street. I didn't know one.
'What are you doing? xxx'
Alex. I looked up from my phone, quickly noting that my mother was still gushing over our neighbour’s son, not paying me any mind.
'Listening to my mom. She's discussing the boy next door who I get the 'pleasure' of meeting tomorrow lol. You? xxx'
It was, obviously, Christmas eve, the sky outside was pitch black and there was no way to escape my mother for another two hours. It wouldn't be natural for me to go to bed until at least ten and there wasn't a chance in Hell she was letting me out of the house. Do you see why I moved out now?
'Oh, so I get even more competition now? &hearing about our neighbours...again. xxx'
'At least you don't have anyone trying to set you up with random guys. xxx'

"So, sweetie, what do you say?" My mom asked me suddenly. I was so sure she had forgotten I existed.
"Huh? What about?" Can you say clueless?
"Tomorrow! When they come over! Are you going to look after their son? I've heard he has a soft spot for blondes..." I sighed. She just wasn't going to give this up.
"I already have a boyfriend, mom."
"Oh. When did that happen?" She sounded disappointed. I hated that she got like that over me. I loved her to pieces, but she honestly needed to stop thinking I was incapable of running my own life.
"A month or so ago," I shrugged.
"Oh, I'm so glad you're getting back into this! It's been so long since you've had a boyfriend, let alone one that seems to be lasting!"
"It's only a month..."
"But it's been so long since you've dated anyone! You should have him come over tomorrow!"
"He's spending the day with family."
'Who says I'm not? My dad thinks I'm gay as it is. xxx'
'So prove you're not? Rofl, my mom wants you to come over tomorrow. xxx'

"Well, that's not good. Have him come over Boxing Day? Oh! This is wonderful! What's his name?"
"Alex."
"Oh, the Gaskarth's son is called Alex! I'm going to be ever so confused." Jeez, how much did she want to say oh? Wait. Gaskarth? This is one coincidence too far. Am I stuck in some sucky romantic movie?
"Gaskarth?"
"Yes, dear, our neighbours. You know, sometimes I really don't think you listen to a word I say." She continued to moan about my attention span and I gladly returned to my phone when it buzzed.
'Sorry, dinner at the neighbours. I'll come through Boxing Day? xxx'
'Mmm, okay. I'll miss you. :( xxx'

I smiled to myself as the text sent. The boy was in for the shock of his life tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
This part came out as more of a filler.
Posted later in the day due to the amazing-ness that is Sherlock Holmes.
Go see it if you haven't already. :)