Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Twenty.

"Holy fuck I did not want to walk in on you two doing that," Jack muttered, face in hands, out in my back yard only about five minutes after he'd ruined the moment Alex and I had going.
"Well we didn't really want you walking in on that either," Alex grumbled, still incredibly sore that he'd missed out.
"Aww, poor baby," I mocked, kissing his lips softly.
"Later?" He pouted when I pulled away.
"If you're lucky," I chuckled. Jack groaned.
"You've had it once already, why later as well?!" Alex opened his mouth to retort with what I'm sure was going to be a well placed and rude remark on how amazing he, or I, was in bed, but I quickly cut him off.
"For the last time, Jack-o, we didn't do anything. We were getting around to it when you walked in."
"Sure as Hell could have fooled me," he muttered. I watched the smirk form on Alex's face, for a reason I'm sure I would both not get to, nor want to, know. "Whatever it is, Gaskarth, I don't want to know. I've been scarred enough for one day."
"It's not like you haven't done this before," he snorted.
"Yes, but before it wasn't Jasey you were with."
"Too true."
"I don't want to know any details, I'm sure. How come you even know where I live, Barakat?"
"Well, I am round there most days, y'know..."
"Oh, you are funny. Seriously." Alex shot me a look, smirking once again. "Mention nothing on the word, Alex." His smirk only widened, causing me to smile.
"Well, I'm at Alex's every Christmas day, and his mom knows that too well. So she left a note on the door and I did my merry little skip over here, expecting Alex to be awaiting me, bored out of his mind. Not in some girl's bed."
"I aren't 'some girl', remember?"
"No, you're Jasey-fucking-Rae."
"Damn straight." The French door slid open behind us, Alex's mother stepping out.
"Oh, I thought you were all upstairs, still," she said, confused.
"Well, we would be if Jasey and Alex hadn't b-" he took a sharp intake of breath from the painful-looking nudge in the side he received from Alex.
"If they hadn't what?" She looked skeptical now, shooting looks between Alex and I, then back to Jack.
"If they hadn't been acting so cute in such a confined space. I couldn't take it," he let out quickly. A frown edged onto Mrs Gaskarth's face; she had quite obviously seen through the lie given to her, but remained silent about it, choosing instead to turn to Alex and I.
"Dinner's being set out now. Jack, you're allowed to join us if you want; Helen cooked more than enough for us all."
"Sweet," Jack grinned.

"So, what are we doing tomorrow, then?" Alex asked, laid in my bed with his arm around me as I cuddled up close to him. It was December 30th, and we had Blink playing loudly to drown out the sounds that we really didn't want to hear coming from Jack and Marissa in the room next to us.
"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. New Years eve was the one night a year I expected Alex to miss a party for nothing at all. "I thought we were finding a party?"
"Well, yeah, I suppose so, but I wanna spend my day with you," he muttered, kissing the top of my head. A smile spread out onto my face; he was adorable. I turned around, resting my chin on his chest and looked up at him.
"You're cute, you know that?" He groaned.
"Don't, that's like the kiss of death for a guy. Next we'll become Kara and Rian." I laughed and kissed him quickly.
"I'll try and refrain from calling you that in future, promise."
"Good," he grinned. "So, tomorrow. I say we don't party 'til later on, say 10 or 11ish?"
"And before that?"
"We lay here and force those two to make us breakfast in bed for suffering through that noise," he inclined his head toward the wall separating Marissa and I's rooms. "And then when they ditch or refuse, we take over the sofa and sit and watch movies all day."
"But I have no popcorn," I pouted.
"We make Jack or Marissa get it. And some chocolate, for you obviously."
"You mean, you'll fake like it's for me and steal most of it?"
"You know me too well."
"I know."
"Then you should know now is bed time."
"That I do," I laughed. "'Night Alex."
"'Night, Hols."

"I think you turned into Rian and Kara," Jack groaned. I was cradling my bowl of popcorn, failing miserably at keeping it out of Alex's grasp after his move to sit me in his lap and reach around me for it.
"But we look better than them, right?" Alex joked.
"You two make me sick," Jack stated from the side of the sofa where we sat, a huge bar of chocolate in hand.
"JACK GOT MY CHOCOLATE!" Alex squealed. "Shit, I mean, Holly's chocolate." I giggled.
"You definitely turned into Rian and Kara. Dude, she has you wrapped around her finger."
"But she's my girl. I like her smiling," Alex shrugged, pulling my closer.
"Jack, they're cute, leave them to it," Marissa demanded.
"But they're so sickening!" Marissa shot him a look and he closed his mouth quickly.
"Now who's wrapped around whose finger?" Alex asked with a smug smile when Marissa left the room.
"We're whipped, bro."
"Barakat, shut it.You're ruining Johnny Depp goodness." Alex looked between myself, the screen and Jack and groaned, realising I had managed to get him watching a Johnny Depp film without fully realising the meaning. The full meaning being 'Johnny Depp + pirates = yum.'
"I'm so fucking whipped."
"But you like me smiling, baby, remember? And Johnny Depp makes me almost as happy as you do."
"'Almost'?"
"No girl can deny Johnny Depp," Marissa sighed, re-entering the room with another bowl of popcorn for herself and sitting at the foot of the sofa. "He's like a dream come true."
"And you're like two!" I giggled, aiming the comment at Alex as I snapped off a chunk of chocolate from the bar he had only just opened.
"That is sickening," Jack stated, referring to my last comment and the way I had got ridden of Alex's scowl with a mere smile. Marissa sent him a look at his interruption of 'Curse of the Black Pearl' and he quickly fell silent again.
"Baby, you have chocolate on your face," Alex chuckled.
"What? Where?" I asked, puzzled. I hadn't felt the chocolate hit any of my skin besides my lips, and I had been sure to clean them.
"Right... there," he smiled, swiping chocolate down my cheek. I look at him for a few moments, my jaw dropped, stunned that he had just done that to me.
"Stop right there. Right now," Marissa butted in as I went to retaliate. "We don't want chocolate covered sofas or horny teenagers."
"We are not horny teenagers... that's you and Jack," I smiled. "Alex, go get me something to clean my face with."
"Marissa, clean her face," Alex smirked.
"Dude, that's hot," Jack stated, eyes wide, clearly imagining it.
"Dude, that's not happening," Marissa mocked, hitting her boyfriend before turning to Alex. "Go get the cloth yourself, Gaskarth."
"You know that's not what I was thinking."
"Get going," I smiled. He grumbled something incoherent, kissed me softly and pushed me off him so he could go get the cloth for me.
"You two seriously are so cute," Marissa gushed.
"Apparently we can't say that. It's a guys 'kiss of death'," I laughed.
"So true. You'll end up truly like Rian and Kara," Jack nodded.
"I HEARD THAT!"
"Suck it up, Gaskarth!"
"I refuse to let it happen," Alex stated, tossing the cloth at me and falling onto the sofa next to me.
"Too late."
"Watch it, Barakat. You and Marissa are more likely to end up like them than me and Hols."
"We're not the ones in over our heads," Jack mumbled.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Oh, you know what it means, Alex."
"Well, I don't," I piped up, turning my gaze from the TV screen.
"It means you two are head over heels in lo-"
"Stop there," Alex and I both interrupted. "I don't do love, remember Jack-o? We went through this ages ago," I told him.
"Sure you don't, Jase. It's obvious to anyone but the two of you."
"Can we drop your line of thought? All Alex and I need to know is what we feel and what we don't; and what we feel isn't love."
I guess it's too bad I can't say for certain that it really isn't anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm hungover and posting this. God damn you better feel lucky.