Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Twenty-one.

'Baby, I jut got fired. :( They need omeone "more reponible"... what are me+Maria going to do now? :(( xxx'
I sighed, sliding my phone shut and resting my head on the steering wheel. I know I rested on my parents for a fair bit of my things, such as the new phone I had just finished texting Alex on. I had already been edging further and further away from the Independence I had wanted when I moved out, but things had been getting worse for Marissa and I lately. We had both thought she was more likely to be fired than I, but now I had been I knew it was only a matter of time before both of us were out of work.
'Shit, seriously? Holly, I'm so sorry. They're idiots, you're responsible enough for anyone, even if you can't put s's in your texts. :) xxx'
I smiled slightly before reopening the phone and texting back.
'It' not my fault the fucking button won't work, Gakarth. Come round? I need cheering up. Or I could head to your? I'm jut outide work now. Damn, thi button need to tart working. xxx'
'No, it doesn't. It's making me laugh, tbh. Ummm, swing by mine? It's Valentines tomorrow+I want you there when I wake up. :) And at tonights show, too. xxx'
'I'd love to. :) Be there in a couple of minutes, okay? :) Hey! I have a working 'S' button! :D Things are looking up already. :) xxx'
'I love how quickly you bounce back from things. Hurry up! I miss you. :( xxx'

I smiled to myself once again, threw the phone on the passenger seat and put the keys in the ignition. Alex and I had gotten to that stage where we didn't care how little time had passed since we'd seen each other; no matter the time it was too long to us, and yet neither of us was willing to use the L word when expressing how we felt about each other. Every time Jack brought it up after that night, the both of us still panicked and denied it all, even though everytime he brought it up I was more and more sure that that's what I felt, I just knew I couldn't admit to anyone that I had fallen in love; especially not with Alex Gaskarth.
I was tapping my foot impatiently on his porch when he opened the door, grabbed my hand and tugged me away from his house. I had only knocked a few seconds previously, but I was impatient as Hell when it came to this boy. That and the fact my parents were in next door, and I really didn't want them to notice me. I was sure mine and Alex's parents still had regular talks with each other about the amount of time the two of us spent together. "Alex, where are we going?" I laughed, as he opened the passenger side door of his car, ushered me in and shut the door, running round to the other side and climbing in himself.
"We're going to the mall, and we're going to look at pretty clothes until you choose something you want," he smiled to me. "I want you to feel better tonight, so I'm going to finally be a nice boyfriend and buy you something pretty."
"Alex, I don't need you to buy me things to make me feel better. You're the best boyfriend in the world regardless," I stated. He looked over at me, grinning at my statement.
"I don't care. It makes me feel better to actively be doing something. Choose the cheapest or most expensive thing; I don't care. Just find something pretty and promise me it'll be your favourite piece of clothing."
"What if I choose a cheap ass bracelet?"
"Then you have to promise to never, ever take it off."
"You're amazing."
"I'd be anything for you." I smiled, blushing lightly at his comment. He was absolutely the cutest thing on this Earth.
"You're also incredibly corny."
"I don't care, it makes you smile. And that's how I like my girl."
"Mmm, I lo-" I stopped short, thinking quickly to regain my ground so he didn't realise what I was about to say. I scrunched my nose up like I was about to sneeze, faking it as well as I could. "It passed," I laughed, as I eased my face.
"What were you saying?" He asked, face looking a little troubled at my move. He knew what I'd been about to say, I could see it.
"I love it when you're being this cute." His face didn't let up, he still looked worried as he pulled into the parking lot and dragged me out of the car by the hand.
We had been wandering through the mall for an hour now; Alex had treated me to dinner at McDonald's, which he had point blank refused to let me pay for. I know it wasn't exactly huge, it being McDonald's and all, but it was still really nice. Right at this moment, the two of us were arguing over what he was going to buy me. The both of us were trying to pay for the jeans, and Alex was also adamant about paying for the necklace I had liked. Considering the necklace was cheaper than the skinny jeans I had liked, I was trying to get him to pay for that, knowing full well there was no way he was going to let up about buying me something - believe me, I'd tried.
"Alex, come on, you said one thing! And you already paid for me to eat!" I whined.
"I don't care. You need the money to live off until you get a new job, and I want to help," he said stubbornly, holding the jeans in one hand, holding the other out for the necklace.
"You know what? Fuck it. I don't want the jeans at all. Give them here so I can put them back."
"Hmm... no. You look good in them. Give me the necklace or I'll just go get another one and pay for them behind your back."
"You're so stubborn!"
"I did tell you I was going to buy you something."
"I didn't agree to it though."
"I don't care," he smiled, turning around toward the area we had found the necklace, picking one up and going over to the counter.
"Alex, no!" I whined, latching onto his arm after chucking the necklace I had been holding back into place and trying in vain to pull him back. The cashier looked at the two of us strangely, and Alex just smiled at her.
"What girl says 'no' to their boyfriend buying them something they like?"
"This girl." He laughed and shook his head.
"You continue to amaze me." He handed the cashier the money, grabbed the bag and dragged me out of the shop. "Now, I expect to see you in those tonight at this show. I wanna show off my girl to everyone more than usual."
"You're so full of shit."
"I don't care," he chuckled. "Do you need to go to yours to pick up another shirt or something?" I thought back to the pile of clothes that had accumulated in Alex's bedroom over the past month or so and shook my head. I had left the perfect top at his only the week before. Half of my stuff now resided in Alex's bedroom, and half of his in mine. Alex's parents had come to expect me staying there at least once a week since we had met at Christmas, and they always knew Alex would be staying at mine at least twice a week, usually on a Saturday night so we didn't just crash where ever that week's party was, but also to make sure Alex's parents thought he was calming his ways, thus getting less crap from them. I loved how well we managed to work things out without even thinking them through. “Come on, we’d better head back to mine so we can be ready in time," he told me, arm going around my shoulder and leading me out of the mall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, the whole lack of s's on her texts came when I was having trouble with my s button.
It worked out quite well. I hadn't noticed "Marissa" without the double S was "Maria" when I chose it haha. :)