Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Twenty-two.

"Jack! What do you think of my amazing girlfriend, and her amazing new jeans, bought by her amazing boyfriend?" Alex asked, pulling me close to his now sweaty, post-show body.
"I think her amazing boyfriend needs to buy me amazing jeans like that for being his amazing best friend," Jack grinned from over Marissa's head, pushing her further into his sweaty chest.
"Well, Alex's amazing girlfriend thinks you should stop drowning her amazing best friend in your sweat," I told him, eyeing the look on Marissa's face. Shall we just say she didn't look impressed? Jack looked down at her and smiled sweetly.
"Whoops."
"I'll give you fucking whoops," she grumbled, wiping her face.
"Love you, Maria!" He squealed, giving her a kiss on the cheek.
"'Love you'?" Alex and I asked as Marissa asked "'Maria'?"
"Jasey made a lot of typos and I liked the sound of it," Jack shrugged at her.
"Jack, don't ignore us!" I shouted at him.
"Yeah, when did this start occurring? Why was I not informed?!" Alex shouted also.
"Last night, and because I wanted her to be the first to know, okay? I haven't seen either of you all day, you were too busy having sex in the closet," he replied, rolling his eyes and pulling Marissa close again.
"We were not having sex, we were just away from your annoying asses for some peace and quiet," I stated.
"Either way, you guys are behind us now."
"We're not behind, Jack, it's not a race," Alex replied. As Jack was about to start on another of his 'you-two-are-so-in-love-admit-it-already' rants, Zack bounded over looking excited.
"Guys, hurry up over here! There's a guy that wants to talk to us - he says he's from Hopeless!" He practically shouted at Jack and Alex.
"Hop- Holy shit! Seriously?!" Alex shouted. Marissa and I looked at each other, excitement and pride coursing through our veins. This better be what we think it is. "Baby, I'll be back as soon as I can and I'll tell you everything, okay?" I nodded, kissing him swiftly.
"Go; you need to hurry back and tell me though!" He grinned at me and he and Jack sprinted after Zack. Kara joined us, sitting on the stage together, all of us with our fingers crossed. This could be their big break. The three of us sat silently watching the boys in the corner, all four of them looking like they weren't breathing. It was five minutes before our boys came back, looking sullen. I bit my lip.
"What's the verdict?" Kara asked Rian, slipping off the stage over to him.
"Well, he was talking about all the things Hopeless were looking for in a new band to sign..." He mumbled, wrapping his arm around Kara loosely.
"And?"
"And he said we're exactly that," he said, grin growing larger over his face with every word. Kara, Marissa and I all looked at each other before squealing extremely loudly and jumping on our boyfriends.
"Oh, my God! Alex, I'm so proud of you!" I told him, holding him tight so I stopped jumping around.
"I'm proud of us, too," he laughed. "God, tomorrow is going to be amazing. He told us to stop by the Hopeless building tomorrow to sign the contract and sort out recording."
"Oh, my God. This is just like... wow. I'm so happy for you!"
"Calm down, Jase," he laughed.
"I'm sorry, I just know how much you guys wanted this."
"And now I've got everything I want. I've got my career sorted already, and I'm not even out of high school, I've got the best girl in the world, and I've got the best friends in the world. Tell me what could be better?"
"Absolutely nothing at all. It's all so amazing. Just promise you won't leave me behind when you get to be big rockstars? Even if I'm just your friend?"
"Never, Holly, I promise. You'll always be my favourite girl; always." He kissed me softly and we turned back to our friends to join in with their celebrations.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update until Wednesday, I think.
I may update again later, but after that I won't until Wednesday as I start back at college tomorrow, then I'm spending the night out, and the next day's my birthday, so I'm full until Wednesday! :)