Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Four.

"Go to English, Miss Rae," Veronica Mars, the lady behind putting me with Mr Warren, told me.
"Not until you switch my classes," I stated, making no attempt to move from my seat.
"We have no space in any class on your grade level, except with Mr Warren."
"Then move me up a set." I shrugged. She sighed, rubbing her temples. I could see the constant visits of mine were starting to wear on her. "If I fall behind, you can move me back to Warren's class, or even down a set."
"We'll see, are you done here? If you want to keep up with them, you have to at least go to English."
"That guy has it in for me! I am not stepping foot into his classroom!"
"Oh, you are. Now go." I groaned, and heaved myself up off the chair I had been sitting in. I walked slowly down the school halls toward my English classroom, which I would hopefully not have to enter. The entire school seemed to be empty of any life form in the halls, it was deadly quiet. It was always nice to have a change from my usual setting. It was nice to be in a quiet place once in a while. It didn't take me long to realise someone was following my pace not too far behind me.
"Didn't your mother ever tell you it was wrong to skip class?" I called behind me, to whoever it was. I heard him snicker before replying.
"Didn't your mother ever tell you it was wrong to talk to strangers?" He mocked.
"Shut up, Alex," I laugh, turning to face him. "Skipping English? Naughty boy."
"Well, I was planning to go back, but then I saw this pretty girl walking by the boys toilets and I just had to follow her."
"Well, go follow then," I smirked.
"It's hard to follow you when you've stopped moving."
"You're such a ladies man. I bet you're a mommas boy, too."
"Damn straight. Who else would cook me and Jack our waffles?" He grinned. "I suppose if we're skipping, we should go somewhere we can't be found." He said, quickly grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the school building and round the back to where I had spoken to Jack the previous day. Sitting down on the concrete he gripped my hand tighter and looked out toward his usual lunch spot.
"I can't believe we never met each other before now," I commented. "We go to the same parties, we're both friends with Jack, and we go to the same school. How did we not see each other before now?"
"Sometimes people don't clash until the exact right moment," he shrugged. "But I'm glad we finally have met. It's nice to not be the only one with my attitude around."
"Don't get used to it; I'm back hanging around with Marissa this lunch. Apparently she missed me," I laughed.
"Then bring her out here to meet us!"
"You're quite desperate to keep me out here, aren't you?"
"I'd like to get to know you a little better," he shrugged. "And I'm sure you could help me with my little problem."
"You mean your missing girl? Sorry, Alex, I don't know too many girls. Mostly they glare at me in the corridors for getting with their boyfriends first." I laughed.
"Please try and help?" He begged. It was too irresistible. No wonder he was king.
"Okay, what do you remember?"
"Not much," he admitted. "I remember she had the prettiest blond hair I'd ever seen until I saw yours, and she was amazing in bed. Like, seriously the best I've ever had and I've had a lot." I put my head in his shoulder, and let my hair fall to hide my blush. It was weird hearing comments on how good I was. Alex didn't seem to notice me putting my head on his shoulder and hiding, he just carried on listing what he remembered. "I remember the reason I walked up to her was her New Found Glory tee, and how she was completely trashed yet she had the most graceful walk. She was amazing, Jase, just about perfect. I actually cannot get her off my mind."
"This girl has you whipped, and you don't even know who she is," I laughed.
"Yeah..."
"How do you plan on finding her?"
"This is where you come in. There's a party at Rian's this Halloween. Him and Kara always do it, every year. Well, Rian has every year since middle school, Kara only started helping the year before they got together, but you get what I mean. I want you to help me find this girl before then, or on that night."
"Alex, Halloween is this Saturday. How can you even be sure she'll be there, or be around this week?"
"Because I remember her telling me she was a fan of All Time Low, and All Time Low are playing this weekend. I'm sure she'll be there!"
"You're insane, but I'll do it."
"You're amazing."
"So I've been told," I laughed. It was weird making comments that he just didn't get. I barely knew this boy and I already hated keeping anything from him.
"So, let’s move on from deep and meaningful, and talk about trivial shit. You know, the basics that we don't seem to know about each other." He grinned down at me, making me lift my head from his shoulder and lean back against the wall. "Ladies first."
"Well, umm, what do you want to know?"
"Full name, random dribble about your childhood, how you met my dear Jack Attack-"
"Hey, it's lesson time; he's my Jack Attack right now."
"Fine, how you met your Jack Attack. You know, junk like that."
"Okay, promise you won't tell anyone my full name? I hate it, and no one knows it but Marissa. Everyone just thinks it's just Jasey Rae."
"Cross my heart." He smiled.
"Holly Jasey Rae." I blushed.
"I like it. I always liked the name Holly. But your secret's safe with me."
"Thanks, Alex. Now onto my random dribble about my childhood."
That was where we spent the rest of the day. All through lunch, when the guys were over by the tree, I was with Alex. He still hadn't let go of my hand, and, quite honestly, I soon began to forget it was there. It just felt natural. He soon found out more about me than anyone but Jack and Marissa knew. The entire time I was finding it so hard to keep my mouth shut about Saturday, about how I was the girl he was going crazy over.
"So why are you like this?" He asked suddenly, when it was nearing the end of the day.
"Like what?" I was confused to say the least. We'd just been going on about cheese fries.
"Like me. Going out every weekend, getting trashed, and sleeping with anyone you can find." I paused for a while, deliberating my answer.
"I guess I just... haven't found anyone worth sticking around for. I know I don't give guys a chance to get to know me, but the only guys I've ever met in my life besides Jack and my family have wanted nothing but one thing off me. No guy ever wants to actually know me anymore. So I guess you can't blame me for not sticking around."
"I guess I can't. I don't think anyone can with that reasoning. But you're giving me the chance, right? And have I tried getting into your pants?" Yes. "No, exactly. I want to get to know you, Jasey. Not the girl everyone paints." He ran the fingers of his free hand down my cheek, and pushed the stray hairs off my face. He was too adorable. "You'll give me that chance, right?" He repeated. I blushed.
"I wouldn't be able to deny you that if I tried."
"You're cute when you blush." He stated, kissing my forehead and removing his hand from my face.
"I thought I was cute when I was mad."
"You're cute all the time."
"You two are sickening. Jump each others bones and get it over with already." Zack smirked from above us.
"Skipping lesson? Naughty, naughty, Zachary," Alex taunted.
"Actually, schools over, I’ve just come to pick Jack up. We figured that because your cars were still in the lot, you two would still be back here being oblivious to everyone but each other."
"How long has school been over?" I asked, letting go of Alex's hand and jumping up.
"About 5 or 10 minutes, why?"
"Shit! I'm gonna be late! I'll see you guys tomorrow!" I called, as I sped off toward my car and work.