Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Six.

"You kissed Alex in the middle of the hall?!" Marissa screamed at me, as soon as she located me that lunch hour. Unfortunately, she didn't think to get me away from the All Time Low boys before she started screaming.
"YOU DID WHAT?!" Jack shouted, joining in with Marissa's outrage. I shrank back away from the two of them who both seemed to be towering over me more than ever. I felt Alex's arm wrap around my shoulder protectively, and pull me closer to him.
"She didn't do anything. I kissed her, I thought it'd be amusing to get a little more gossip out of the situation. It didn't mean anything, guys," he assured. I felt my stomach drop unnecessarily at those words. I had almost forgotten we were nothing but friends until he unravelled the mystery around Saturday night. If we were even going to be anything then.
"What situation?" Marissa asked, beating Jack to it.
"Well, there was Jasey shouting to her class that we were fucking," he smirked down at me as I suppressed a giggle. "And then there was everyone seeing us holding hands in the corridor outside English."
"You were holding her hand?! Dude, that's like telling everyone you're taken! No girl is going to go near you this weekend, bro. Not with Jasey's reputation." Rian stated.
"What do you mean my reputation?!"
"Every girl in school knows you could just about beat the shit out of any of them."
"Oh, that reputation," I smirked. It was like the signature look both Alex and I shared.
"So? Me and Jase'll be looking out for my mystery girl from last weekend while getting trashed," he grinned.
"Yeah, because you'll obviously recognise her drunk when you haven't recognised her all week," Jack commented sarcastically.
"Actually, I will. Because I'll be seeing things the same way I usually do when I'm drunk, so she'll be easier to see." Oh, shit. I never thought about that. Alex told me on Tuesday that he sees people differently when he's drunk, and that's the view he remembers the next morning. And what am I doing this weekend? Getting Alex drunk. Oh, joy. You're an idiot, Jasey. A first degree fool.
"Yeah, Alex, about that. I don't know if I can. They're trying to get me to work extra shifts this weekend and I really need the money..." Marissa sent me a look, trying to warn me off this track. I knew she wanted me to let Alex know it was me.
"What? You're going to back out on me now?! Come on, Jase, I need your help this weekend! Can't you work extra shifts another time?" His pleading eyes were hard to resist, the boy had me wrapped around his little finger, but I couldn't let him know. Not yet.
"I don't think I can, I'm sorry."
"Jasey Rae, you are going to that party even if I have to drag you there myself," Marissa scolded.
"But mommm!" I whined sarcastically.
"Jase, we don't need the money that much. Just go." I bit down on my lip. All the guys were looking at me with hopeful eyes, it was terrible.
"Do you really, really want me there?" I asked each of them.
"Yes!" Alex shouted before anyone else could even think to answer.
"Fine. But only because you're so desperate for me to go." And with that I had four bodies piled on top of me in a crushing hug. "Guys. Can't breathe. Get off." I choked out, making each of them but Alex get off me. Only he kept hold of me.
"You have no idea how much this means to me," he grinned.
"Are they always this sickeningly cute?" Marissa whispered to Jack.
"Always." He replied.
"You guys love it," I grinned up at them.
"Can you imagine if they were actually together?" Marissa asked, ignoring my comment.
"Jesus, don't make me think of that! I'd be continually puking! My best girl and my best friend cuter than now? Ew!" I turned back to Alex, who now had an evil look on his face.
"Want to make them annoyed? I can act cuter than I am now," he whispered to me.
"Go for it," I replied, stifling a giggle. He pecked my nose, and I pecked his back.
"You look cute with your hair down." He said, twirling strands of it around with his fingers.
"You look cute whenever you do anything." He licked my nose.
"You taste good." I wrinkled my nose up in disgust, shutting my eyes. "You even look cute when you pull a gremlin face." I opened one eye to look at him with a smile on his face. God did this boy do a lot of smiling.
"I'll bite you," I threatened.
"Don't tease me like that." He groaned, leaning on me even more.
"Ew! Alex! Get off! You have cooties!"
"Is cooties codename for unbelievable sexiness? 'Cause if it is, you have cooties, too." He laughed.
"Guys, quit it! I can't take much more!" Jack whined from in front of us, taking time out of his conversation with Marissa.
"Umm...No!" I decided, smiling sweetly. "You're just jealous because Alex isn't giving you love anymore."
"So it's true then? Jasey Rae is fucking Alex Gaskarth." A girl’s voice sounded from above all of us. Each of us looked up in a rush, knowing who to expect but checking anyway.
"Yes, Jodie, Alex gives me unbelievable sex every night whenever I want it." I replied, rolling my eyes.
"I do? What about when I want it?! Does that mean I get it every time I ask?" Alex smirked, playing along.
"You always want it. I can't give it to you constantly or we'd be arrested for indecent exposure."
"Can I have it now?"
"No, we're in the middle of a field."
"I'll take you the janitor’s closet."
"You're on." I smirked to him. He rose up and threw me over his shoulder, running away from them, and leaving Jodie stood dumbfounded with our friends. He put me down as soon as we were out of Jodie's view, grabbing my hand, as usual.
"I can't be bothered with school anymore, Holly!" I didn't even wince when he used my real name. It sounded nice when it came from him. "Can't we skip?"
"Yeah, but one of us has to ditch our car until tomorrow."
"No, we don't. Jack has a spare set of keys for mine, he'll take it back his for me." He grinned.
"Ah, the ever wonderful Jack Barakat."
"What about Marissa? How does she get home?"
"She works a couple of blocks away, it's only half way to our apartment, so she just walks it." He nodded and I lead him over to my car. "So, where are we going?"
"Umm... I would say back to mine, but my moms off work today."
"Back to my place?"
"Sounds good to me." He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's insanely late, I left my memory stick at my dads for two weeks. :(