Insanity Line That Is Wearing Thin.

15:Last Night On Earth.

I text a postcard, sent to you
Did it go through?
Sending all my love to you
You are the moonlight of my life every night
Giving all my love to you
My beating heart belongs to you
I walked for miles 'til i found you
I'm here to honor you
If i lose everything in the fire
I'm sending all my love to you


"Shit man, Why did you waste him? Fuck there's no time cops are coming. We gotta get outta here." My screaming stopped but my mouth was still wide open. I was unable to move or even speak. No one dared to move and the shooter and his friends left.

Jack's body was lifeless almost. His hand was covering his stomach pressing hard but still blood came pouring out like a water fall. He was breathing but barely. I moved closer to him. Frank and Ray were grabbing napkins and water bottles.

"Jack?" My voice was dry and raspy. "He's going to be fine, but we need to get out of here. Now." Ray and Frank bend down next to Jack and pulled his hand away from his wound. "No, no don't touch it please." Jack spit out blood trying to sit up. "Stay down Jack, the bleeding only hurts if you look at your wound."

'Bleeding only hurts if you look' repeated over and over in my mind. Mikey and Katlyn picked up Jack along with Ray. Frankie kept his hand over the bloody napkin. Lexie and Gee grabbed me. "Come on. Don't worry Jacks going to be fine." Lexie whispered in my ear as she and Gee pulled me through the parking lot to the van. Lexie ran to the front and started up the car as soon as Jack and the rest were settled in the back. Gee sat with me in the last row. Katlyn was in the front with Mikey. A lady was trailing behind us yelling for us to stop. Lexie rolled down her window to talk.

"Listen the ambulance is here. Why did you carry him here? They want to see if he's alright!" She was about maybe her late 40's and out of breath. "Look it will be fast to get him to the hospital like this, if we move him anymore he'll loose more blood." Lexie sighed. "Lady it's was nice to help us but we have a trained medical assistant with us here." She pointed to Ray. "He knows what to do. Thank you but we gotta go." The lady nodded but before Lexie started to roll up the window she asked one more question.

"Wait! Before you go. What are your names?" Lexie sighed again. "Lady there's no time bye." She stomped on the gas which sent the car flying forward into the parking lot lanes and on to the high way lanes.

"Rays really a medical assistant?" I asked confused on how he really did know so much about Jacks wound. "Yea" he answered. "So what are we going to do then, now that we have a bleeding boy in the back of our van?" Katyln asked. I shrugged as did Mikey.

"Frank?" Gerard asked. "Yea, what's up?" Frank answered confused by what Gerard was getting to. "Call Carol. See if she knows what we should do." Frank pulled out a cell phone from his pocket and called Carol.

"Hey Carol?" He sounded confused on who answered the phone. "What do you mean?" I wonder who was on the other line.

Aren't you filled with questions today. Your boy toy is shot and your worried about your other boy toy is talking to? Wow. Aren't you a slut. Ugh. I don't need this.

"Well if she ever does turn up, please give me a call. Tell her to call Anthony." Frank sighed, said 'thank you' and hung up. "Well?" We all sat there silently waiting for Frank to answer as Lexie drove hard against the high way. "Carol went missing." He paused. "When we got out the cops came afterwords and found barely 12 survivors, and someone mentioned Carol, but she was." He stopped looked out the window and slowly turned. "They couldn't find her. They looked everywhere put up posters everywhere. They claimed her as dead but her husband." he chocked down what I guess was tears. "Joseph doesn't believe she's really dead, but captured somewhere." He stopped and silence fell over everyone.

Guess, poor old Frank can't handle saying Joseph. a laughter broke out of my head. I just tried my best to ignore it.

"Well, We need to get him into my aunts house and fast. Lexie it's almost near 9. We can hit the same highways to make up more time if we speed. We really need to get him to her house so I can do- wait." Ray looked around and then finally to Jack.

"Jack?" He asked. He stirred as if thats the most his pain would allow him to do. "Would you mind if I would... Do Surgery on your wound?" Ray asked shyly. Jack slowly nodded in agony. "Alright I need to extract the bullet from his stomach. Raven, Frankie, Gee and maybe Katyln." He quickly looked around. "Frank I'm going to need you to prop Jack up against you and take his shirt off so I can see exactly were the bullet went into." After Frankie got Jack propped up against him and his shirt off, Ray directed me to come up and help assist him.

"Gerard you need to go through every bodies bag to find q-tips, alcohol, napkins, hand sanitizer, and if there see if there are any gloves." Gee quickly grabbed bags, opening them to find what Ray had instructed. He found q-tips and alcohol but no napkins or hand sanitizer. Mikey found hand sanitizer and napkins but no one had gloves.

"Alright were gonna do this old school then." He made everyone that was assisting him put hand sanitizer on and then grab extra napkins. "This is going to get messy. Wait. I need one more thing." He looked to Gerard. "Can you see if any one has tweezers? Any size will do, or anything sharp." He went rummaging through bags again and pulled out 4 tweezers in various sizes, and found one knife in Frankie's bag.

"Pass me the knife and the second smallest and the largest tweezer." Gerard did as told. "Alright. Jack your going to need to listen to me very carefully. Frankie's going to put your shirt in your mouth so you don't scream. Also grab his hand at any point and squeeze." Jack whispered a 'Yes' and Frankie put his shirt in his mouth to bit on.

Ray satirized both tweezer and knife with the alcohol and slowly opened the wound further with his hands. "Raven, put the light on so I can see better." I did and as I looked down I saw massive blood pouring from Jacks wound. I cringed back. "Better. Now Take the extra napkins and wipe the blood away. I'm going in to get the bullet out." Ray pushed the biggest tweezer in and I heard a muff scream pouring from Jack. His eyes were open and wide like a deer in the headlights.

"I know I'm sorry man, but I have to or you'll die." Jack was crying from pain. We all were silent. "Pass me the alcohol." Ray asked and I handed it to him. I watched as he poured it onto the wound and pull something out. The tweezers were stained with blood and carrying a small bullet. "It wasn't that far in." I proceeded to wipe blood away from the wound. I wanted to cry myself seeing him in that much pain.

"Katlyn grab a napkin and hold out your hand." She did as she was told. Ray placed the small bullet on the napkin. He another napkin from the piles of them and pressed it hard against Jacks skin.

"I think He'll be fine for now until we get to my aunts. Um.. I think its better if he lays out in the back row until we get there." We looked around on how we would move him. "Lexie can you pull over?" She shook her head as Ray pressed his glasses closer to his face.

"No can do were stuck on this highway for another hour or so." We looked in front of her, there were no cars but there was also no place to pull to the side. "Fuck... Were gonna have to do this old school. Raven would you mind staying with Jack until we get to the house?" I shook my head no. "Alright then would you climb into the back with Gee and stay there then until we can lay Jack out. I'm sorry but his heads going to have to rest in your lap." I nodded my head. "I don't mind." With that said I climbed into the back.

I moved things around with Gee so it there was more space. Once I was finished Gee moved into the space I was in before. "Okay Frank your going to help me lift his head and legs. I'll get his legs you get his head and top half body." He nodded and with a 'one, two, three', they lifted Jack over the seat and safely placed his head on my lap and the rest just perfectly.

He stirred slightly. I read the agony in his face. "Katlyn pass back my blanket and bag from the front please." She nodded and passed things back to Frank who handed it to me. I rummaged through it to find tape.

Finally your going to tape your mouth shut and listen to me. I knew this day would come. I laughed that off. Silently.

I pulled a few strips to make sure they were long enough to cover the napkins over Jacks wound then placed them over to keep the napkins on nice and tight. Once I was done taping his wounds I covered his with a blanket. He was cold and shivering slightly. I stroked his arm back and forth soothingly. How do you comfort someone close to death?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this sucks. But hey I'm trying. I've been writing non-stop for 4 hours.