Sequel: Can You Find Me?

Seasons.

Scottsdale.

I was blocking the sound of the music coming from the radio. I pulled my bangs back with the palms of my hands. I ran my hands through the strands of my hair, putting it back in a ponytail. I tapped on the window button, wondering if I should open it. Instead, I turned up the air conditioning making a breeze roll through my body.

I crossed my legs on the seat, sitting back properly. I watched as Carson put a cigarette into his mouth and light it. I felt the chemicals travel from him to me, filling my nose. Carson opened the window, letting the chemicals go out of the window and into the air. He hummed to the sound of the song, keeping his eyes on the road.

I sighed, "How much longer?"

"We have a couple more hours," Carson replied. "But that shouldn't matter. As long as we get out of the town for the summer, this should be fine. Not matter how far it is."

"I feel weird. . ." I looked at him.

"Why?" He asked. "Because you haven't seen your dad in the longest time? That shouldn't matter. As long as I'm there, I'm going to make this summer allot more better then your school year went. What happened is in the past, I don't want you to remember it."

I rubbed my palm over my forehead, trying to keep the tear from coming out of my blue eyes. Carson looked away from me, and back onto the road. Carson's tattooed arms attached to the wheel, a cigarette between his index and middle finger on his left hand. I'm glad I have Carson. He's pretty much all that I have now.

You're ugly, I remembered the words, shot at me like a bullet from a gun. I sighed, looking back out of the window. Those words aren't going to get to me. I need to forget about things even though it was the hardest thing for me. I don't even know why I wasted my time with you in the first place.

I shut my eyelids, but the sun was still shining through them. I leaned my head back on the black seats and kicked my feet up on the dashboard. I could hear every lyric on the radio now and it was sticking into my brain. I was sick, and about to throw up. I could feel it bursting up my throat and tingling on the edge of my tongue.

"Carson, pull over. . ." I mumbled.

"Huh?" He questioned because I knew he couldn't hear me.

"Pull over!" I practically yelled, the burning in my throat becoming larger.

Carson swerved off of the highway, pulling onto the side of the road. I opened the door quickly trying to get myself out. I remembered that I had a seat belt on. I groaned, pulling it off and stumbling out of the car. I bent over, letting what once went down, come up once again.

I heard Carson's door shut. He walked around the car and stood behind me. He pulled my hair back. I could tell he was looking away, because who else wouldn't? I groaned, trying to stop from upchucking. I don't know why I felt so bad. Nothing I had to eat was bad today. I stood up, feeling Carson let go of my hair and rubbing my back.

I sighed, "Can you get me a water?"

"I don't have any left. . ." He replied. "Can you wait till the next gas station?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

---

I woke up from the dreams that were haunting me. I felt like they were going to be here every night for the rest of the summer, therefore I won't sleep much. I rubbed my eyes, and took my water bottle from the cup holder. I opened the bottle and downed the rest of the water. I looked up at Carson, who seemed to be laughing at me.

"What?" I asked, setting the water bottle back.

"You sleep so long," He laughed. "You laugh allot too when you sleep. But I already knew that."

"I don't know why I'd be laughing. ." I shook my head.

"K, you know what?" Carson got into his mode. "If you're going to be like this the whole summer, I'm going to go back home and bash in Tanner's head more then I already did."

"Carson. . ." I sighed. "Just because - you know, it wasn't all Tanner. It was everyone. I think I may need to move to Australia or something."

"That's not true." He replied. "Just think, we're going to be far away all summer. And we're finally here. So calm down."

I looked out the window. It still looked hot and unappealing to me. I looked at the green sign sticking out of the ground on the right side of me. Scottsdale.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, It's a The Summer Set story.
I had a story about them before, but no one read it.
This is just a preface.