Sequel: Can You Find Me?

Seasons.

Sunset Sleep.

I walked out of the gas station following behind them. I kicked the stones on the pavement as I walked. Jess hummed lightly, but neither from that it was silent. I glared at the woman filling up her gas tank. In the back of her car was a little girl about three and a baby in a car seat. I could see the sweat dripping from her forehead and the stress reaching out from her mind. I never want to be like that.

I stood at the door of the red car, wondering if I should take the back. But before I knew it, John was sitting in the back of the car again, staring at the front seat. I raised my eyebrow wondering how he could move that fast. I bit my lip, pulling the door open and sitting down. I reached back to grab my belt, adjusting it making a click noise.

I watched as Jess turned on the car, and put her seat belt on. She didn't move the car though. Jess picked up the CD case that was very unorganized. She flipped through the Cd's looking for something that she could put on. She grabbed a CD, and took out the Third Eye Blind one. She slid it in, and turned up the volume.

I noticed that it was Death Cab for Cutie. This is a band that I actually liked. "Good choice," I heard John mummer in the backseat.

"Agreed," Jess and I said at the same time.

Jess turned around, setting her right hand on my seat. She looked back, noticing there was no cars that she could crash into. She pulled out of the parking spot, and out of the gas station. She drove like a manic, speeding up her passe down the highway. I smiled to myself, thinking that this felt right. It felt good, even if I'm with practically strangers.

I hummed to the sound of the music, driving down the highway. I looked across the horizon looking at the beautiful sky. Full of orange and pink colors as the sun was taking time to go to bed. It was a beautiful thing while it got ready to sleep - unlike me who looks the worst with no make up on, dressed in pj's. I wish I could be the sun. That would be pretty amazing.

-

"Kay, you need to close your eyes or something like that." Jess informed me as the car came to a stop. I wasn't really paying attention though, I was to into the music. All that I knew was that we were driving for about fifteen minutes or so.

"Yeah, keep your eyes closed," I heard John's voice. "I'll help you out of the car and stuff."

I shut my eyes, hearing the sounds of doors opening and closing. Then I felt the door beside me open. I felt John's hand grab onto my wrist. I helped him help me out of the car as my eyes stayed closed the whole time. When I stood up straight, trying not to fall over, I felt John's hand go from my wrist to my hand. He held onto it tightly, as he began to walk - I had no choice but to follow.

I could feel that we weren't on flat ground anymore, and I had no idea where we were. It was actually getting colder now. My arms chilled as I walked, my hand still attached to John's. I gulped, wondering if I were going to fall over or something like that. "Can I open them yet?" I asked.

"Just wait," John said close beside me. "We're almost there."

I walked up a hill tip thing. I could feel my knees bending as John kept tugging on my hand. I wanted to open my eyes, but as hard as I tried to open them I kept them shut. I really didn't like this. It reminded me of things that I didn't want to be reminded of. I tried to keep it off of my mind, but it kept coming back closer and closer as I came to this surprise.

"Can I open them?" I asked John, trying not to sound worried.

"No," John giggled. "Not yet."

"Oh c'mon," Jess complained. "Just let her open them!"

"Fine," John mumbled pulling his hand away from my eyes.

John's soft pale hand removed from my eyes, making me see where I was. I stood on the dirty of the mountain, over looking something that I couldn't even imagine seeing. It was the sun setting down, a pink and orange sky behind it. It was like someone painted it and it seemed like it wasn't even possible with seeing from the human eye. This was a good part about Arizona. A very beautiful part.

"This is amazing. . ." I murmured, looking out into the distance.

"I know right?" Jess looked at me. "Josh and Brian never usually come out here. But, Stephen has come out here allot lately. He showed me and John this place. He says that it's a good place the get through what he's going through."

"What's he going through?" I asked.

"Break up, girl things." John replied. "I don't know how he does it man. I mean he's been sobbing in his room most of the time, or he gets away to here. It makes me feel like I should never have a girlfriend, or a one like Stephen had at least."

"Man, I know how he feels," I sighed. I said it quietly so they couldn't hear me, but it looked like they did. I didn't say anything and they didn't either. I sat down on the ground, crossing my legs over one another. I looked out at the sun set, sitting in complete silence.

Jess sat down on one side of me and John on the other. "What do you mean I know how he feels?" Jess asked. "You don't have to tell us, I'm just wondering."

"Well, I'm pretty sure I can trust you guys. . ." I looked at her. "I mean you're more nice and sweet to me, and I just met you today. Compared to the people that I've known all my life, you guys could be like my best friends or something."

"What happened?" John looked at me. I looked at him for a moment, but looked away because his sincere look could send chills down my spine. I sighed, pulling my bangs out of my face and looking forward.

"Well, lets just say that I'm not really liked where I come from," I shrugged. "I'm not really sure why, but it's always been that way. I mean Carson has always been my friend, same with his brothers and stuff. They're like my brothers. But that's all I had really."

"Damn, that sucks," Jess agreed.

"Anyways," I kept going on. "In grade nine I heard about this boy named Turman Gale. He was a year older then me, and totally dreamy right? He wasn't like a football player or something like that, but I thought he was cute. Everyone knew though that he was the ladies man."

"Sounds like Josh." John said from beside me.

"Turman never payed attention to me," I said. "I don't even think he knew my name. But this year his friends that were girls became more nice to me. They invited me to their house all the time and stuff, making me shut Carson out of the picture. Then the prom came around and Turman ending up asking me. So I was excited right?"

"Right. . ." Jess said, wanting to hear more.

"Then I got a nice dress, and I looked beautiful. I actually felt beautiful for once in my life, but when I showed up to the prom, the first thing I see was Turman making out with some girl that was in grade nine or something - fresh meat. I don't know," I shrugged. "I mean I thought that they would be different then I knew them as. But, I guess not because when I went back to school the next week all their was, was rumors about me."

"What kind?" John asked in concern.

"Well, I don't know. . ." I shrugged. "I heard that allot of people thought that I payed Turman to go with me. And the girls that he hangs out with were saying that I wet my bed, and just really immature stuff that I wouldn't let get to me now. But then I just broke down in the middle of class, and Carson was there for me, even when I shut him out."

"You're lucky to have a friend like Carson," Jess said. "Just like I'm glad that I have the guys even though their total douche bags and pervs sometimes."

"Hey!" John looked at her.

"Shut up John," Jess sneered. "You know that you can be sometimes."

"Fine. . ." John sighed.

"You should talk to Stephen about this or something," Jess nodded. "He may seem shy and what not but, he'd be the perfect person to talk to about this. He's already tried to talk to me about this, but he has to much bottled up inside him."

"That's true," John cut in. "He tried talking to me too, but I think it'd be better if he talked to someone going through the same thing."

"I hardly even talked to Stephen yet," I told them.

"Well, you should start." Jess laughed.

-

I sat in the driver seat of the car, some calming music playing through the speakers. Jess drove lightly on the highway, but no one spoke. I layed my head on the side of the door, feeling tired from the trip I had still. I could never sleep in cars, therefore I didn't sleep on the way down here. And I don't think that my little nap did much either. I sighed, closing my eyes but I couldn't sleep.

"Is she sleeping?" I could hear John talking from behind me.

I kept my eyes closed. "Yeah," Jess replied. "It looks like it."

"She must have been worn out from the trip or something," John said.

"Yeah, that's probably it." Jess yawned in her sentence. "She'll be good tomorrow though. Then we'll have to think of something fun to do, even though there isn't much stuff to do except for chilling at Josh's."

"That's true," John agreed.

"What do you think of Jordan?" Jess asked him. "I mean, y'know."

"Huh?" John asked in confusion, but I knew what Jess was talking about. I knew that she would ask the guys sooner or later, it's just how girls work. I mean, I'll probably ask Carson what he thinks of Jess, so it doesn't matter.

"Y'know," She replied. "Do you think she's cute, hot, out of this world gorgeous?"

"Oh," John giggled awkwardly. "She's a cutie. I can tell you that much."

"Awe," Jess cooed. "Does Johnny boy have a crush?"

"John Gomez," He replied. "does not crush."
♠ ♠ ♠
SHORT LAME UPDATE THAT TOOK ME FOREVER!
Oh well, doesn't matter xD
I noticed something though . . . there's allot of J names in this story.