The Nobody Disease

THREE : Oh, Look, Fresh Meat

Meagan eyed around the school in awe. Everything was just so new to her that she couldn’t believe it – everything was just so surreal. She couldn’t imagine herself actually being at Sincorsim Academy before. But now that she’s here, she could finally begin to live the dream and achieve at going to school in Sincorsim. Jessica was leading Meagan through the halls, attempting to make the new student extremely early for her class, AP Calculus. As they were speeding through the halls, they passed by a group of boys, 6 boys to be exact, together in a group eyeing them inconspicuously.

“I bet you I can get her to be mine in 2 weeks,” one of the guys said.

“I doubt you could, Alden; she doesn’t look like the type you wouldn’t want to date,” one of the other guys said.

“Connor, Connor, Connor, every girl is my type. What the hell are you talking about?” Alden said.

“I just don’t think your so-called “charm” would actually get to her,” Connor said.

“Guys, do you think I could get her?” Alden asked the other 4.

Murmurs were erupted from the 4 friends. They weren’t sure. She could be one of those girls – gullible when it came to love and fall down at his feet. Or she could be a girl who could actually tolerate his cocky, arrogant, egocentric self. The others didn’t know, for this girl that seemed to catch Alden Vanderbelt’s interest was someone new.

---

The bell had rung, signaling class was officially over.

“Come on Meagan. Let’s go back to the dorm,” Jessica said.

“Alright, just go ahead first. I’ll be with you in a few,” Meagan responded back.

Jessica nodded and headed out of the classroom. Meagan packed all her supplies into her tote bag, carried her AP Calculus and AP Physics book, and walked out of the classroom. After a few steps out of the AP Calculus classroom, she crashed into someone, sending her books flying out of her hands, and Meagan herself landing on the floor with a semi-loud thud.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” a masculine voice said.

“It’s no problem, really,” Meagan replied.

The mysterious boy bent down and helped her with her books. Meagan stared at this mysterious stranger. He had dirty blonde hair, which was long, cut around his ears, and ended at the nape of his neck. It made him look like a surfer with a little bad-boy vibe mixed in. However, just one look at him, he didn’t look like a bad-boy at all. He had green eyes, the shade between emerald green and fern green, but his eyes had a glimmer to it. He looked pale, but not an anorexic type of pale – he still had color in his face. This mysterious boy lent Meagan a hand, she took it, and he helped pull her up.

“Thanks,” she said to the mystery guy.

“You’re welcome. Name’s Connor.”

“Nice to meet you Connor. My name’s Meagan.”

“Ahh, the new girl, I see.”

“Yeah… you wouldn’t happen to know where Dupart Hall is, do you?”

“Why yes, yes I do. I’ll take you there.”

“Thank you,” Meagan said with a smile on her face.

That caused Connor to reflect the same smile on his face.

---

“I’m telling you I can get her to be mine in 2 weeks,” Alden said.

“Oh really Alden,” Ian Coldwaters taunted him, with a disapproving look on his face.

“Yes, I’ll even bet you on it.”

“What’s your offer?” Benjamin Buckingham said, suddenly interested in the conversation between Alden and Ian.

“If I get her, you guys have to do my AP Government and Econ homework for a month. And if I don’t…”Alden dragged on

“You have to…”

“Humiliate yourself in the worst case possible, and we’ll decide what it is,” Benjamin chimed in.

“Deal,” Ian and Alden simultaneously replied and shook hands on it.

Little did they know that someone else was listening in on their conversation.

Let the games begin.