The Nobody Disease

FOUR : Invitations For All The Wrong Reasons

"Careful boys," Paulina said, smirking as she stepped into their circle, letting them envelope her, putting her exactly in the center, where she was meant to be. "Someone might hear you and think you guys were up to no good."

"Paulina LeGrange," Ian smirked, putting his arm around her. "What honor you bestow on us to grace us with your presence."

"Whatever weirdo," she shrugged him off, smirking at him to let him know she was kidding before looking straight at Alden. "Now, what is this I hear Mr. Vanderbelt? Preying on the innocent new girl?"

Alden grinned. "You know how I like them Paulina," he said. "Young, fresh, and innocent."

"I know that look Alden," Paulina laughed. "She is not going to be innocent for long."

"Hey guys," Connor said, walking towards them. He eyed Paulina and Alden's closeness suspiciously. This had to mean trouble. "What are you guys up to?"

Alden opened his mouth to tell him about the bet when Paulina spoke first. "We were just planning the back to school bash," she gave him her best smile. Connor's return smile wasn't half as enthusiastic. "It's going to be on my parents' yacht. You're going to come, aren't you Connor?"

"A famous LeGrange party," Connor grinned. "Wouldn't miss it."

"Great," Alden said, clapping him on the back. "Because we were just talking about how Paulina wanted to invite that new girl. The hot one." Paulina flashed a glare at Alden.

Connor's face fell. Of course. He should have known Alden would be up to something already. The first day and he was already trying to get into someone's pants. But Connor had met Meagan. And she had seemed really innocent. He wasn't sure if Alden would succeed. But then again, Alden had been known for his charm. "Oh," he said simply.

"We just placed a bet," Ian told him. "Two weeks. You in?"

Connor thought about it as they all looked at him expectantly. He knew he didn't really have a choice. Whether he voted on Alden getting her or not was the real choice. But even that, seeing as he was Alden's best friend, he didn't have more leeway to vote against him. "This is Alden we're talking about," he grinned with fake enthusiasm. Alden clapped his hand, smirking at the other two. "Do you guys not remember that Jessica chick?"

"Yeah, but she's the new girl's roommate," Benjamin said. "Ian and I say she'll talk new girl into staying away."

"And has anyone ever listened to her before," Connor asked.

"Good one brother," Alden laughed.

"Well," Paulina said firmly. She didn't like not being the center of attention anymore. And she definitely didn't like the expressions on Connor's face when talking about the new girl. "As fun as this little gathering is, I'd better be going. Selena and Callie are waiting for me. You guys are still in for sneaking in tonight, right?"

"A bunch of hot girls in a locked dorm," Ian grinned. "We wouldn't miss it."

"Right," she rolled her eyes, laughing. "Just make sure you guys bring the beer."

"Just make sure the new girl is there," Alden told her. "And the alcohol will be there."

Paulina grinned and walked away to where Selena Parkinson and Callie Covington were waiting for her. Callie put her phone away when Paulina approached. "Everything set for tonight," she asked.

Paulina grinned. "We have just one more assignment."

---

"And then there's choir," Jessica said. "That's a lot of fun. And there are a ton of cute guys."

"Mhmm," Meagan was saying as she doodled on her book. Her thoughts were preoccupied with the guy she had run into. Connor.

There was a knock on the door. Meagan perked up. Maybe it was him? Was that hoping too much? Meagan knew they weren't exactly on the same social standings. But he hadn't seemed like the kind of guy who would really care. "I'll get it," she said. But when she opened the door, she saw Paulina standing there. "Paulina, um hi," she said quickly. "Do you want to um come in?" She hadn't been here for long, but she already knew to revere this girl.

"As if," she rolled her eyes. "I just came to tell you that we're going to be having a little party tonight once they lock the doors. Some of the guys are going to sneak in. You should come."

"What," she asked, confused. Was she inviting her to a party? From everything she had heard from Jessica, Paulina rarely invited anyone besides her closest friends anywhere, and when she did, she sent one of her little minions to do the dirty work. "Really?"

"Of course," Paulina grinned at her. Meagan couldn't tell if it was fake or not. But she couldn't help but smile back. She was smart enough to be able to tell that being talked to by Paulina was an honor. She heard Jessica take a deep breath. "It'll be fun. The girls and I were talking. And we think it's time to broaden our little circle. You know, make new friends or whatever."

"Um, wow," was all Meagan could say.

"So are you going to come," Paulina asked a bit impatiently.

"Definitely," Meagan said quickly.

"Great," Paulina smiled. "We're going to be meeting up in mine and Cassie's room before for a girl's only pregame."

"Okay," she said. "Sounds great. Thanks so much.”

"No problem," she said. "I have a feeling you'll really like it."

She left then. Meagan closed the door, leaning back on it in utter disbelief. Jessica was gapping at her, in – empathy? No. It couldn't be empathy. Meagan decided she must be jealous. She grinned before lying back on her bed. She wondered if Connor was going to be there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha so this was the last prewritten chapter. Kathleen has the honor of writing the first actual update!