Accidentally Almost Over

Chapter four

~Brenton’s P.O.V~
I rush past the stubborn boy straight to my car. The boy followed me, “I don’t know the way to the hospital; I’m new around here.” He spoke.

I growled, “Get in!”

I stomped on the gas and we were off. I was clutching the wheel so tightly my fingers were white. The boy in the passenger seat looked nervous, “What happened?”

“I went to talk to Sky; I never meant to hurt him. I was stupid; I should have known he wasn’t ready to talk to me. He seen me and bolted. I knew where he was going I just hoped I was wrong. When we were young we promised to never go back there. He went into the forest and I think he tripped and busted his head on the sharp rock.”

“Oh my-“

“What’s your name kid?” I interrupted.

“Tobie.”

“Well, Tobie, why do you care so much? You don’t even know sky.” I know I have no right to feel jealous after what I did, but I can’t help it.

“I seen a boy in pain and I couldn’t walk away. Sky has this air about him, it’s alluring and I
somehow feel protective of him. How could you do what you did?”

He asked an indirect question and it killed me still, “I’ve already said I was stupid. I wandered to far from sky and I was caught in a web of… The hell with trying to sound smart, I got into drugs and I slept with my dealer. I wanted to quit, but I just kept going back. I never wanted all this to come back on Sky it isn’t fair to him.” We pulled into the hospital parking lot and I rushed into the building, leaving Tobie in the dust.

I ran up to the help desk,” Is there a Sky Ammity here?”

“Let me see, sir you’ll have to wait; He’s in surgery right now.” The receptionist said politely.

“Fuck,” Escaped my lips, under my breath.

“What was that, sir?”

“Thank you,” I said turning away.

Tobie was behind me now, “So???”

“He’s in surgery.” I mumbled before letting my knees collapse as I fell into a chair.

“Shit, this is entirely my fault.”

“It is, but don’t be so hard on yourself. You didn’t trip him or make him hit his head.”

I looked up; Tobie was kneeling in front of me, his hand on my shoulder.

“Why the fuck are you so nice?” I whispered.

“I don’t know, I don’t see it as being nice I just see it as pointing out the truth to people that are having trouble seeing it themselves. Sometimes the answers are only obvious to other
people.” Tobie stood and sat in the chair beside me.

Hours and hours passed, I fidgeted, I paced. I sat, I did anything I could not to go crazy. Finally a tall man in white came out and asked, “Is there anyone here for a mister Sky Ammity?”

I jumped up and practically ran to him, “Is he okay?”

“He had to have twenty stitches on the left side of his head to stop the bleeding, they got him here just in time. We dosed him up with a few blood transfusions and soon he should be waking up. We can’t see anything wrong with his brain, but there may be some short term memory loss it’s just a wait and see type of thing.”

The words bounced around in my head, ’20 stitches…. Short term memory loss… this is my fault.’

“Are you quite alright son,” asked the doctor.

I snapped out of my daze, “Yes sir, thank you. When can I,” I stopped and remembered
Tobie. “I mean we see him?”

“You can come now, but he may not be awake.” And with that we followed the doctor back through the long sterile corridor of the emergency room.

I walked into Sky’s room and tears poured down my face again, the left side of his face was swollen and he had bandages covering the top of his head. I took the chair immediately beside his bed, leaving Tobie the one by the wall. My first instinct was to reach down and grab his hand, and when I did his twitched inside mine.

His eyes fluttered open, “Sky… Sky can you hear me,”

“Bren?” His voice came out shaky and hoarse.

“I’m right here sky pie.”

“Bren my head hurts what happened?” This statement widened my eyes; he didn’t remember… did he remember this morning and what had happened between us?

“Sky do you remember anything from today?”

“Well I got up you weren’t there this morning, then I was at school, but I didn’t go to first period… I don’t remember why. Then I was running past the play ground and I fell. That’s all
I know.”

“Sky you did fall and hit your head, you’re in the hospital; you needed stitches. And you weren’t in first period because…” Do I dare tell him; do I dare risk the only second chance I may get?
♠ ♠ ♠
Guy's I have no excuses, but I hope you enjoyed it :) Comment please