‹ Prequel: Forget Me, Not

You Promised

Coffee ***

“I’m driving.” Quinn insisted. He won’t let me drive because he says I’m too nervous.
“Okay.” I ended up agreeing with a sigh when I didn’t have any more arguments left.

“Are you sure you want me to go with you?” Quinn asked when he parked the car in front of Linda’s house. He has been asking me the whole way here and I’ve been telling him the same.
“Yes, I do want you to come with me.” I answered again. I sounded more like a robot, he asked and I was programmed to answer. He nodded and we got out of the car. That’s when I looked at the door. She was already waiting for us. Well, technically, she was only waiting for me.

“Who’s that?” She whispered to me. I was next to the door step and Quinn was still next to the car. He was fumbling with his key trying to lock the car. I’ll give him one more minute and I’ll help him.

“Quinn.” I answered as Quinn finally locked the car and walked up to us. “Quinn, this is Linda, Linda this is Quinn.” They shook hands and we went in. She didn’t even look surprised that I was calling her by her name. Maybe she felt as disgusted for being my mother as I felt disgusted for being her son.

She told us to go in and sit down. We did. I’m curious as to what she has to say. She asked if we wanted anything to drink, I declined the offer but Quinn accepted a coffee.

“Did you have to say yes?” I asked a little pissed. I didn’t want to be in that house more than I needed to. “The sooner she talks the sooner we go.”
“Your mother’s being nice, at least you should try.” I clenched my hands. Quinn’s a coffee whore! You give him coffee and he thinks you’re nice, just like that.
“You don’t understand because she didn’t call you fag and sick and wrong and she didn’t tell you, you weren’t her son anymore.” I said letting the anger build up inside me but trying not to let it show.
“I know it wasn’t me, but she’s your mother.” He insisted.
“No, she’s not.” I said as she came in the room with two mugs. She placed them at the table and sat down on the armchair while we were in the love seat. Quinn picked one up and took a sip.
“I brought you one too if you want.” She told me. “So, how have you been?”
“I’ve been better. But can we get to the point?” I asked picking the mug up and taking a sip. I was trying my best to show her I didn’t care. It was a lie, but I’m not giving her the pleasure of seeing me down.
“We have plenty of time.” She said smiling. “We haven’t seen each other in such a long time. Tell me what happened.” I didn’t understand what she was trying to do. Was she trying to be nice? Why is she trying to be nice? She’s treating me as if she had never told me I wasn’t her son.
“I believe you have nothing to do with it.” I said. Quinn gave me a look and I rolled my eyes. She ignored what I said.
“Give me a moment please. I need to do something.” She said and got up. Nice, now she leaves us hanging. I took another sip of the almost empty mug, when I had finished I felt a strong need to use the bathroom. I excused myself and walked upstairs looking for the bathroom.

“I can’t take it anymore. I know you said I should try but I can’t anymore!” I heard someone say when I got out of the bathroom. It sounded likemy mother Linda. I got curious and followed the sound. She was sitting in her bed with a man holding her hand. That must be Keith. “He even brought his boyfriend! I’m… I know you think it’s okay, but it’s not! They’re disgusting.” She told the man. She was talking about me. She was saying I was disgusting. I felt like banging in and telling her some things that were jammed down my throat.

Instead I ran down stairs and grabbed Quinn’s hand making him stand up.
“Wha-?”
“We’re leaving.”
“Why?”
“I’ll tell you later.” I said dragging him outside. We got in the car and Quinn drove us home.

She was being nice because he wanted her to. She was faking all this time, she thought I was disgusting. I can’t say I didn’t care. I have to admit I was starting to get a little hope, but it’s gone now. I felt my eyes watering but I refused to cry. I wouldn’t cry because of her. She was being unfair; she was disinheriting her son because he wasn’t the perfect little boy she wanted. Well, fuck her I say. She’s just another one for me. She should expect to never hear from me again.

Thought her words still hurt. Even if she wasn’t my mother they would.

“He even brought his boyfriend! I’m… I know you think it’s okay, but it’s not! They’re disgusting.”

After a lot of thinking about this, her words finally sank in and I couldn’t help but burst out laughing.

Quinn looked at me with a what-the-fuck look.

“She thought you were my boyfriend!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me long enough, not?
Yeah, I was going to make you wait longer but as I got 4 comments...

Yeah, thank them:

GerardArthurWay
Alcatraz
FrankieFever
JustAimee

I still have got the same problem. Am I writing the names right?
I tried checking their myspace but it just says Leathermouth.