‹ Prequel: My Unintended

Déjà vu

Confusion

A/N: Sorry it's so short...I'm just about to go out and it's just a little filler for you all.

Michaela’s P.O.V

I felt invincible. It was the best feeling in the world to have Max so close to me. We were close before, but had never been like this. It was magical.

“Michaela?” I heard Frank call from downstairs. I pulled away from Max and stood up.

“What?” I yelled back as I pulled Max to his feet. He grinned at me.

“Can you come here please?” He yelled. “Max must be sick of kissing you by now!” He added. I blushed and Max laughed.

“Shut up Frank!” I shouted back.

“How did he know?” Max asked with a grin.

“He doesn’t. He’s just teasing.” I said, pulling Max out of my room and walking downstairs.

“You called?” I called happily as we entered the kitchen. Frank smirked.

“I was right then?” He asked, nodding to my hand which was linked with Max’s. I said nothing to his comment.

“What’s up then?” I asked and released Max’s hand as we sat opposite Frank at the table.

“Erm…I’m sorry you had to see that Max.” Frank said. Max shook his head.

“It’s alright; Kayla told me that Matt was your old drummer.” He replied. Frank looked curiously at me.

“Dad told me years ago when I found an old band picture. I asked him where Bob was and he told me the truth.”

“Did he tell you everything?” Frank asked. I looked at him blankly as I tried to remember back to that day 7 years ago.

“I can’t really remember. Was there more to tell?” I asked. I heard my dad walk into the kitchen and Frank looked over at him.

“Actually, there was a hell of a lot more to tell.” Dad mumbled and yanked the fridge door open.

“Gee?” Frank asked softly. I looked over at my dad and saw he had closed the fridge door and was leaning his forehead against it.

“Kayla, the day Matt left the band was…intense…for all of us.” Dad said quietly. I felt Max grab my hand under the table and I looked over to Frank.

“Gee, you don’t have to do this.” Frank stated. Dad sighed and slowly walked over to Frank.

“Dad, are you okay?”

“Not really.” He said and sighed. Frank rubbed his arm.

“Gee, come on, you need to relax. It’s okay.” Frank said and pulled dad out of the kitchen.

I looked round to Max who looked just as confused as I felt.