‹ Prequel: My Unintended

Déjà vu

Jealousy

Michaela’s P.O.V

Wow.” Max gasped as I explained to him what had happened in the cemetery just 2 days before this one.

“Yeah, wow.” I responded and turned away from him to open the classroom door. We were early, because Alyssa was ill and we had skipped going to her house, but we didn’t care because we could spend some time chilling out before school officially started.

“So he just forgave Matt like that?” Max asked and clicked his fingers. I nodded and dragged him to our usual seats. He sat on my desk while I slumped in the chair and swung it backwards on two legs.

“It was weird, but he spoke to me afterwards and seemed surprised himself about his change of heart.” I told him and he bit his lip thoughtfully.

“That is quite strange actually, especially as it’s just a few days after he basically had a panic attack that Matt was back.” Max pointed out and I dropped my chair to the ground with a thud.

“I told him normal didn’t suit him…” I explained and Max laughed, looking down at me.

“Seriously?”

“Yep and he laughed it off like he usually does.” I said, shrugging my shoulders with a grin.

“Can I go and tell him too?” Max asked. I raised one eyebrow and looked at him suspiciously.

“Why?”

“So I have an excuse to go to your house and make out with you on your bedroom floor again.” He answered cheekily. I pouted.

“What if I don’t want to?”

“Tough.” He replied and leant down, kissing my lips gently. My skin tingled and I smiled into the kiss.

A cough by the door interrupted us and I looked over to see Matt standing there with an armful of books.

“Sorry sir.” Max apologised and gripped my hand on the edge of the desk.

“It’s alright. Does your dad know Michaela?”

“Maybe, I don’t know.” I answered and looked at Max, who grinned at the memory of Frank finding out.

“Just don’t let me catch you again.” He said sternly and I looked over at him, noticing something flash in his eyes.

Jealousy?

Matt’s P.O.V

My heart stopped as I entered the classroom and saw Michaela and her boyfriend attached by the lips.

I coughed and they broke apart, apologising. I did the usual teacher thing, warning them not to let me catch them.

I couldn’t help but feel slightly jealous. That girl had everything.

Famous fathers, a good life and a very good friend. She had the looks to go with it and had inherited Melissa’s kindness, at least the kindness she had before she became a junkie.

I watched them from the corner of my eye as I sat at the desk and ruffled through the books and papers I needed for the lesson.

She was so pretty. She had the exact eyes Gerard had, same dark hair as both of her parents and the pale complexion both Way brothers had. She was fairly tall, as she would be with the height of her parents. She had even developed similarities with Frank over time, just little traits in her personality she must have subconsciously picked up from Frank.

The way she made the puppy-dog eyes at Max, the way she bit her lip on the left side like Frank did and her love of sweets and chocolate shined through immediately.

I stopped working and watched Max snatch her half-eaten bar of chocolate and break off a chunk to hand feed her. I watched as she bit it in half and looked up at him with puppy eyes when he ate the other half. Jealousy erupted inside of me again and I forced my eyes away from them, mentally slapping myself for thinking those things over a 16 year old girl.

But she's so cute.