‹ Prequel: My Unintended

Déjà vu

Try me

A/N: Sorry about my lack of updates in recent times, school and general laziness had caught up with me.
Well, I finished my physics assignment, so decided to give you an update (even if it is just a little filler.)


Michaela’s P.O.V
*Time lapse to 14th January*

I skidded along the kitchen floor and stopped, just short of Frank, who was watching me over his coffee cup with his eyebrows raised.

I grinned at him and he rolled his eyes.

“What do you want this time?” He asked with a fake sigh.

“Can’t a girl want a hug from her dad on her birthday?” I asked, my grin still fixed on my face.

Frank placed his cup onto the kitchen side and seized me into a strong hug.

“Happy birthday Kayla.” He mumbled into my ear as I hugged him back.

“Thanks dad.”

He released me and smiled.

“You’d better hurry up, if you want a ride to school.” He explained and picked his cup back up.

I pouted.

“What, no presents?” I asked. He shook his head.

“I didn’t know that was part of the deal.” He answered and drained the rest of his coffee.

“Hey…”

“It was a joke! Your dad wants you to wait until after school for your present, he’s not rolling out of his coffin until midday.” Frank explained and walked out of the kitchen. I followed him and frowned.

“Why?”

“His, sweaty, words not mine.” He answered, with a smirk, as he pulled on a scarf and jacket.

I wrinkled my nose at the thought.

“Thanks for that lovely image Frank.” I mumbled, emphasising his name. Frank didn’t say anything but pulled the front door open anyway, walking out to his car.

I climbed in beside him and blasted the heater up as he reversed out of the driveway.

“So, how does it feel to be 17 then?” He asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

“The same as it did when I was 16.” I answered and he laughed.

We fell into a comfortable silence for the rest of the journey and I broke it as I got out of the car.

“See you later midget!” I called as I slammed the door and he flipped me the finger.

I giggled and turned around, bumping straight into Max and Alyssa.

“What did you do to him this time?” Alyssa asked with a grin, as we walked through the school yard to the, slightly, warmer building.

“What do you mean?”

“I saw the finger go up.” She added and Max held the door open for us.

“I called him a midget.” I told them and they laughed.

“Maybe that’s wasn’t such a good idea today.” I mused and saw them exchange a look.

“Why?” Max asked, stopping beside his locker.

“What do you mean 'why'?” I asked in disbelief.

“What do you mean, what do I mean? Why?” Max asked again, slowly, grinning at Alyssa.

“If you can’t remember, then I won’t remember what I promised you the other night.” I answered. Alyssa looked confused, I smirked and Max’s face paled.

“You wouldn’t.”

“Try me.”