‹ Prequel: My Unintended

Déjà vu

Distraction

Gerard’s P.O.V
“Stay on the side of the stage. If you move, I’m afraid I’ll have to Spork you.” I warned Michaela, trying desperately to keep my face straight. She rolled her eyes and grinned.

“Whatever, I’ll stay.” She responded and stalked away to sit with Brian on the right hand side of the stage. Well, when I face out to the crowd, it will be my right.

I finally let my laugh out as we were pushed towards the stage and the lights were shut off.

Here we go.

Michaela’s P.O.V
I watched the show in amazement, I still reacted like that even after all this time.

“Alright, I’m going to give you guys some down time. This is an old song, and one which I am going to dedicate to a special lady in my life. This one’s for you Kayla.” Dad spoke into the microphone and I smiled at him as Ray started playing ‘Demolition Lovers’.

I became mesmerised as dad sang his heart out and Frank played kneeling on the stage floor, at dad’s feet.

Imagine how close I came to having a heart attack when a hand touched my shoulder halfway through the song.

I jumped and spun round, wildly, meeting the apologetic eyes of Matt Pellissier.

Matt?” I asked in disbelief, wondering if the stage lighting had messed with my brain.

“Yeah, that’s me.”

“What are you doing here?” I asked, turning away from him and looking back at the stage. He stood beside me and looked out to the band.

“I was invited down.” He answered and I nodded slightly.

There was something in his tone of voice, and the way he stood unnecessarily close to me, that made me uneasy. I brushed it off, though, as the song ended and Frank leapt to his feet, joining Ray in the intro to ‘I’m Not Okay’.

*Time lapse*

I always go back to the bus alone, mainly because the band always go to their dressing room straight after the show and there are better things to do than wait around in the venue.

Tonight was different; Matt followed me back to the bus.

I stopped, at the open door, and turned to him. He smiled at me.

“You didn’t have to walk me back you know.” I pointed out and he shrugged.

“I know, you just don’t know who you can trust in the dark these days.” He replied and turned away without saying goodbye.

I watched him leave, one of my eyebrows raised, before I came to my senses and realised I was just standing there, looking like a lemon.

I shook my head slightly and climbed onto the dark bus, deciding to take advantage of the fact that I had free reign over everything, and I jumped at the chance of getting the PlayStation 2 to myself for a change.

My mind drifted from Matt to the game as the ‘Start’ screen for Spyro loaded and I focused on getting through the final 11% of the game, trying to not focus on the Matt situation.

I swear I was going to update ealier, but I saved the file for this story on my memory stick and I sort of left it in my friend's locker and forgot I did...

...I flipped and tipped my room up-side-down to find it, and I left the locker until last because I didn't think it would be there. It was hiding under her psychology folder.

Lol, dedicated to my little brother, because he let me spork him :)