Sequel: Going Alone
Status: HOLY SHIT!! THANKS FOR THE 10 STARS!! Go check out Going Alone!

All I Need Is a Sign From You

o17.

“Hello?” My Mom asked.

“Hey Mom!” I beamed, laying back on the couch.

“Oh, how are you guys!” She squealed.

“Um, good. Look, I have something to tell you.” I sighed, playing with the fabric on the couch.

“You can tell me anything.” She comforted me.

“Well, I’m… pregnant.” I slowly said, closing my eyes.

“What?!” She exclaimed, “It’s with that rock star, isn’t it?”

“What’s wrong with that?” I asked, sitting up.

“I was fine with you running away with him, and I was fine with you going on tour, but I am not okay with you getting knocked up by him! Mae! This is so irresponsible! Do you know what this means?” She stopped to take a breath, “You’re only 18, Maelynn Simms!”

I flinched at my full name, “Mom, I know, okay?! I know all about that.”

“I’m not done!” She shrieked, “I didn’t raise you to be some groupie!”

“Mom!” I shouted, “I know, I know! I just thought that you should know, okay?”

“Do you know how much babies cost?! You don’t have a job and that rock star-”

“His name is Alex.”

“Alex’s,” My mother cut her words sharp, “job isn’t at all secure! This is so unlike you! Maelynn, I am so-”

I hung up on her, wiping my eyes. I looked around the bus, seeing if anyone was awake, but they were all dreaming away. I looked down to my phone, September 12th, 2009. MY eyes widened and my breath hitched in my throat. I only had 3 days.

---------------------

“Mae!” Alex smiled, running up to me.

“Yes?” I turned around, exhausted.

“Wouldn’t this be so cute?” He asked, holding up a onesie.

“Alex, I have a whole basket full on onesies.” I sighed, moving the basket to my other hand.

“I know, but this one says ‘My daddy is a superstar.’ I am a super star!” He said, amazed.

“Fine, whatever.” I sighed, grabbing some bottles and putting them into the overflowing basket.

“Mae! Get this one!” Jack shouted across the store, holding up a guitar blanket.

I rolled my eyes and walked toward Jack, grabbing a few more necessities on the way. I snatched the blanket from him and managed to put it into my basket. If you haven’t figured it out, we’re shopping for baby supplies. We had nothing else to do today, since our bus had ot have an oil change before we crossed over the border to Maryland. Rian and Zack didn’t want to partake in this “pansy stuff.”

“Mae, we should go. The bus should be ready soon.” Alex called form the other side of the store.

I grabbed Jack’s wrist and made my way to the front, giving apologetic looks to all the expecting mother and such. The total came to $531.32, and consisted of 5 bags of baby needs. My eyes grew wide at the total, but Alex just handed over his credit card coolly, sending me a wink.

--------------

It’s expected that we should arrive home in about 5 hours. I cannot wait, being on the bus for almost a month was bad enough. I couldn’t imaging the full 3-month tour. I turned to Alex, who was trying to fold the onesies up nicely.

“I love you.” I said sweetly.

“What do you want?” He groaned.

“Nothing!” I laughed, “I just want you to know that I love you.”

Alex looked up and smiled “I lov-”

“Alex, Mae!” Rian yelled, running up to us, “Come watch this video on Youtube!”

I rolled my eyes, getting up to watch the video. I was never going to get Alex to tell me he loved me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's kind of short, but, oh well. >.<

Anyways, five more comments :]

ANNND, then one will come out tomorrow. :]