Status: Editing and Writing.

Fire and Ice.

"..Something important to do here."

This isn't the normal falling. Especially in dreams. This was more like floating. A dizzy spell came over me, making my head throb. Then it became a painful headache, too much to bear. Then I blacked out.

---Sometime later---

"Ow," I sat up,"Bad idea."I clutched my throbbing head.
"'Bout time! Gosh for a sec I thought you were dead!" Shouted a distinctly male voice.Startling me into reality.
"Aaaaagggggggg!" I stood up and ran behind the tree I was propped up against.
"That's not going to do you any good." And he was right there. Beautiful. His eyes were a pale blue and his hair was so blond it was almost white." I'm Jake. I'm new here."
"Oh, I'm Amelia. I live in the little white house."
"I live in the big blue one. One house down from yours.Hey, who lives in the big white one?"
"My step-.....uh, a lady I work for."Amelia you know you suck at lying. Your eyes always betray you.
"Cool, so are you going to school here?"
''Lakewood Prep. You?"
"Yeah. It's the best." Amelia you're too sarcastic.Internally kicking myself.
"Uh, that doesn't sound so good."A cocky smile painted his face."Sounds like you don't like it."
"Lets just say that I'm a bit of an outcast.A weirdo. A freak."
"Well, so am I, so looks like we're in the same boat. So can you show me around tomorrow?Since I haven't met anyone else."
"Sure, I guess. So about 8 tomorrow?But be ready for sneers and jeers."
"Always am."

---Tomorrow, 7:58 in front of the school---

I walked up the steps of the school, counting the seconds as they slowly dragged by, and I just knew today was going to be a long day. I looked down at my feet.
"You're late." Right away I knew it was Jake. Even though we only met yesterday, I could already tell him from any one else.
I looked at my phone, "Nope I'm early....."One minute passed then another"....Now I'm late."
He laughed which made my heart sway. His laugh was more...musical. It's wasn't like a girls tinkling bell laugh, it was deeper, richer. Like melting honey.
"My mother used to say if your early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late."
"So does my mom. But sometimes she is too early."
"My mom used to be like that, too." My heart sank I missed her so much.
"Used to?" He asked.
"Yeah, my mom,dad, and baby sister died in a car wreck a few years back."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
"It's okay. I used to wonder why I lived and they didn't. I used to think, why them and not me? But I've gotten used to it."
"Maybe because you had something important to do here."
"Yeah maybe."
♠ ♠ ♠
I got banned from posting stories, so I had to fix it! I got banned because they changed the rules!