Status: In a working progress

For the first time

"You're kind of Better"

She took a second to look at her creations, applauding herself in her mind about it. Minutes later the boys came in.

"I like it," Joe commented.

"Dido on that," Jordan picked up his shirt.

"Great," Nick smiled.

"Okay Jordan go and change first," She pushed him off into the bedroom.

"Hey can I listen to your ipod?" Nick asked her.

"Sure go ahead," She smiled and went back to admiring the clothes.

As he searched, he found that they had some things in common. Fall Out Boy, The Beatles, Switchfoot, and more. He kept scrolling to find their song, 'Burning Up." He clicked on it just to make sure it was their song. It was, but their was no artist name or anything, just a title.

"Hey Sophie, who are these guys?" He asked handing her an ear bud.

"I don't know, my friend put it on a CD for me. I think it's like in my top 25 most played though," She shrugged.

He smiled and then looked at Kevin,"Hey Kev, listen to this song,"

"Uh okay," He took the ear bud from Sophie. Smiling when he knew what was going on.

"Joe you didn't tell her about it huh?" Nick turned to Joe.

"About?"

Nick took Kevin's ear bud and gave it to Joe and then Joe shook his head no.

"That might be the reason she's not screaming," Kevin said.

"You know I'm right here," She said.

"We know, Sophie did you know we were in a band," Joe asked.

"Sure," She said sarcastically. But then was taken back when they all had straight faces,"Whoa, you three are serious,"

They nodded,"This song. It's our song," Nick added.

"No way, then sing the beginning," She sat down on Jordan's bed crossing one leg over the other.

I'm hot
You're cold
You go around
Like you know
Who I am
But you don't
You've got me on my toes


"Oh my gosh," She whispered.

"How do I look?" Jordan came in.

"Did you know they were in a band?" Sophie asked not taking her eyes off the three.

"Uhm yeah, didn't I tell you that?" She shook her head no,"Hmm, not my fault then!"

"Okay well you guys are definitely going to be singing for me more often, but for now who wants to go next?" She eyed the clothes.

"I'll go," Joe stepped up.

"So Nick, can you go through my ipod and tell me what other songs I have that you guys made,"

"Sure," He smiled and went through the ipod.

"Hey Jam," It's her nickname for her brother,"When are you telling Dad about these three?"

His head shot up at the thought,"Okay, we could do that now. He'll probably say yes to me, but just in case you need to be all daddy's little girl,"

She rolled her eyes at his chosen words,"Uhm Nick can you try on the clothes so I can just scan them when I get back. Shoot, I need to pick out my own outfit,"

"Sure," He nodded putting down the ITouch and grabbing the clothes as the other two sped off.

Jordan knocked on his father's office door and went in when he heard the okay.

"Good Morning Father," He greeted.

"Morning, how can I help you son?"

"Dad, I was wondering if I could bring some friends to the tea gathering this afternoon,"

"Whom are you bringing?"

"The Jonas Brothers,"

"No. No way am I having them ruin this, ruin my reputation!" He got angry and Jordan gave Sophie a signal to come and help him.

"Daddy," Sophie got all girly.

"Yes Sophie?" Their father calmed down.

"I was wondering if I could bring over some friends this afternoon," She acted like an innocent little girl.

"Who did you have in mind my angel," She had him locked.

"Well Kevin Jonas, daddy he's so mature. Joe Jonas, I never knew he was so organized,"She made up,"Oh, and Nick Jonas, daddy Nick speaks French like fluently," She bragged.

"They sound amazing and I'd be delighted if they came," She won.

"Oh thank you daddy!" She hugged him and the two walked away,"Piece of pie," She mumbled once out of earshot.

"Maybe you should be an actress,"

"Yeah, like mom would ever let me do that," She laughed at the idea but stopped as soon as she entered the room.

"You guys are like amazing," She gazed.

"Nahh," They replied.

"I see my work here is done and guys please, best behavior down there!" She said before going off into her room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jordan, the guests are starting to arrive. Come down," George called over the intercom.

"Okay, we'll get Sophie," Jordan replied back.

"JOE!" Nick yelled and Jordan looked behind him to see a newly wet boy,"I told you not to bounce around while drinking water,"

"Sorry bro, maybe Sophie will help you. Go get her," Joe replied and Nick got up.

"Which room is hers?" He asked Jordan at the door.

"All the way down,"

"Be back,"

As he walked down the hallway he could hear voices rumbling downstairs. Once at her door, he knocked three times.

"Come in," She called.

He opened the door to find her straightening her hair, in the most perfect dress. She looked up and smiled,"Hi Nick," And then she frowned,"What did Joe spill on you,"

"Water," He gave her a weak smile.

She sighed. "We have twenty minutes before it really starts. You have two options:One, change the shirt but you have to wait because I need to approve it. Or two, blow dry it,"

"I'll go with the second option,"

"So there's a blow dryer in my bathroom. Just make sure you take off your shirt before you blow dry, those things can get like burning hot," She laughed recalling one of Jordan's moments.

"K thanks," Nick said making his was over to the restroom. The aroma of vanilla hit him once he entered.

"So are you ready for school?" He asked unbuttoning his shirt.

"Yeah, I guess so," She replied,"You?"

"Same same. It's just different now that there will be girls around,"

"That's true. So French? Really? Most guys take Japanese or Spanish" She asked.

"I'm not most guys," He smirked at his answer and then there was silence between them for a second or two.

"No, you're not," Finally came out of her mouth before the blow drying begun.

When the five were actually done and ready, they went downstairs to find that half of the tables outside were taken up. She sighed,"Okay smile,"

"Sophia darling, come over here, I want you to meet someone," Their mother called as soon as one foot had stepped outside.

"Coming," She called and went over,"Yes mother,"

"This is Mrs. Gilbert. Mrs. Gilbert, this is my Sophia," Her mother beamed.

"Nice to meet you," Her perfected fake smile put on it's show.

"You don't know how much I've heard about you. All your mother talks about is how wonderful and intelligent her Sophia is," This lady smiled widely, and Sophie thought about how long it took her to perfect that.

"Well thank you,"

"Now, Mrs. Gilbert has a wonderful son who is going to attend your school," Sophia rolled her eyes in her head, knowing her mother was a horrible match maker,"Tracy, is he here?"

"No, actually not. He will be coming in a bit later, he wanted to get some last minute practice in for baseball," She smiled.

"Oh then we'll have to introduce you two later," She stared her mother in the eye and smiled.

"Okay, well I'm going to check on everyone else," Sophie excused herself,"It was nice meeting you,"

Taking a deep breathe in and out, Sophie went back to where the boys had taken their seats.

"What was that about Soph?" Jordan asked as his sister sat down.

"Mother is trying to be a match maker again," Her voice was bland.

The boys' eyes grew wide before Nick made his comment,"Maybe he's not that bad,"

She shot him a look saying:"You don't know my mother." Her mother's choices were often rich good looking boys who would eventually take over the family business. Surely, that is what was to happen to Jordan in the next few years. Sophie just hoped his ego didn't grow that big.

Aside from the situation, Sophie looked around at how grand everything was. From the garden to the tables, to the chairs. It was all magnificent, rich, nothing that Sophie was into.
Finger foods were placed in the middle while tea was being poured.

"Oh Sophia, this is my son Bryan," Mrs. Gilbert came over with a boy who had hair like Joe, except his was blond. His smile wide and white.

"Hello," Sophie replied sticking out her hand for a shake, but he took it upon himself to kiss it, making her blush just a little.

"Nice to meet you," His tone was calm and soothing.

"Well I'll let you two talk," Mrs. Gilbert said and left back to her table.

"Bryan, this is my brother Jordan, and his friends Nick, Joe, and Kevin Jonas," Sophie introduced them.

"Hello all," He smiled taking his seat. After that the table grew into an awkward silence, while Joe and Jordan shot glares to the new kid.

"Nick, Bryan will be going to school with us also," Trying her best to make a decent conversation.

"Oh that's cool. Are you joining any sports?" Nick asked.

"Yes, I will be trying out for all of them," Confidently Bryan replied.

"What about your academics?" Jordan questioned.

"School is always my first priority no matter what," Joe thought he would win a pageant with these answers.

"What language will you be joining,"

"I'm thinking French," She nodded to his response and smiled.

"You must have a girlfriend correct?" Jordan asked.

"Not really. My mother doesn't approve of just anyone," Bryan shrugged.

"I feel your pain," Sophie commented.

"Sophia, what about you in school," Byran took a sip.

"Same as you, academics first,"

"What about after school activities, are you on the cheerleading squad?" Sophie had to hold back her laughter, as did Jordan.

"No, I think I might actually play in the games," She tried to soften her laugh as Bryan nodded.

"Oh Bryan, let's go dear," Time had flown so fast that now it was all over.

"Ok mother," Everyone at the table stood up.

"Sophia, please come over here with Bryan," Her own mother cooed.

"Right away," She replied.

"Well Tracy and I were talking and we thought Bryan would join you for lunch tomorrow. After your archery lesson," Sophie nodded at her mother's suggestion.

"Great, Bryan will be here at twelve," Mrs. Gilbert finalized. I looked at Bryan who seemed perfectly fine with it.

"It was nice to meet you two. I'll see you tomorrow," Sophie excused herself and went upstairs.

"What's wrong with her?" Nick asked watching Sophie go upstairs.

"I guess she's just tired," Bryan proposed,"But would you like to go and check on her,"

"Sure," He got up gracefully and walked upstairs without anyone else being suspicious. He got to her room and knocked three times,"Sophie?"

Sophie heard Nick's voice and opened the door,"Yeah?"

"You okay. I mean it's none of my business but you seemed disappointed when you just took off like that. Then again that could just be yo-" He started to ramble.

"Nick," She laughed,"I'm fine. Really, just tired of being set up on dates that's all," She sat on her bed.

"Bryan seems like a nice guy if that helps," Nick sat on her computer chair.

"I'm not saying he doesn't. It's just, I want to go out with a guy that I actually like. One that gives me butterflies when his eyes meet mine. One who doesn't spend so much on one stupid date. He would be sweet, caring, funny, and himself around my parents. I just," She sighed,"I don't know,"

"You look like you could use a vacation," Nick chuckled.

"Maybe, but we only have one week until school starts. Which means, I start cramming on Monday,"

"You study when there's no school?" He asked schocked. She nodded.

"Okay then we'll do it Friday, since you have a date tomorrow. So don't make any plans Friday,"

"Wait what are we doing Friday?" She asked confounded.

"We're going on a day of fun! All five of us since everyone would be going," Nick thought about it.

"Okay, but can I bring another girl," She smiled.

"Sure. It's your day of fun, you can do anything," He said getting up and walking toward the door.

"You know what Nick," She said as she stopped at the foot of her doorway, holding the door about to close it,"You're not like most guys," Her smile was realy,"You're kind of better,"

"Bye Sophie," Nick gave her one last smile and then started to walk away.

"Bye," She waved and went back and finished her book.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"So?"Jordan asked as Nick entered the room.

"She's fine," Nick sat on the bed with Joe.

"That's it!"

"Well she's going on some sort of date with Bryan tomorrow and then we'll all be going out Friday,"

"And what are we doing Friday?" Kevin asked.

"I don't know yet, but I told her a day of fun,"

"Well then I guess we better start planning," Joe jumped and went onto the computer.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO....
second chapter.
hmmmmmm.
Comments? please...
-Gina