Status: In a working progress

For the first time

"You didn't forget did you?"

Was it so hard for her mother to let her choose someone on her own. Sophie slept well, thinking of Nick. Yet, the thought of her mother disapproving of him made her frustrated.

It was 6:00 in the morning that Friday,and Sophie knew her brother was up and awake. Writing something on his blog or what not.

"Jordan?" She asked standing in the door.

"Yeah?" He looked up from his computer.

"Can I ask you something?" She took a step inside.

"Sure, what's on your mind,"

"Now, I know you will totally be happy when I say this so don't jump up and down aiight," She sat down calmly on his bed.

"Whatever, tell me,"

"So, last night Nick joined us for the movies," She paused trying to find the right words,"Well let's just say that we kind of-"

"YOU TWO ARE GOING OUT!" He yelled.

"SHUT UP! Sheesh, first of all we're not going out. We're just seeing how it might work out and second I still have to go out with Bryan and third mother doesn't like musicians!"

"Yes she does, she loves you,"

"Not really, she loves the parts of me she created. Nothing else Bryan," She sighed,"What do I do,"

"I don't know little sister. Maybe, if you made Nick something like Bryan," He suggested.

"No. If I were to bring Nick over, I want him to act himself. If they don't like it then screw them," She stood up defensive.

"Well little sister, take your own good advice," Jordan smirked and went back online.

She thought about what she said and smiled accomplished exiting the room.

Inside her room, she jumped on her bed to feel her phone vibrate signaling she had a text.

Morning -Nick

Morning to you too -Soph

Today's Friday -Nick

Sophie laughed a bit to herself and replied And tomorrow I have to go out with Bryan. Saturday -Soph

I know. But that's not what I mean -Nick

What do you mean then? -Soph

It's Friday Fun Day, you didn't forget did you? -Nick

It was too early to remember. What time you three coming?-Soph

In an hour and a half maybe -Nick

Okay I'm going to see what's for breakfast. See ya later -Soph

Bye -Nick

Her mother sat up straight, back barely touching the back of the chair. As she read her morning paper, she sipped on some coffee and had a straight face on. Sophie frowned at the sight. Yet, walked down the stairs quietly like any other morning.

No 'Good Mornings,' were said as Sophie aproached the table. Her mother continued to read on, not noticing her own daughter.

Sophie went over to the sink, picking up a plate before putting a pancake on there. After topping the thin fried cake with syrup and butter, Sophie took a seat a distance away from her mother and ate her breakfast. Silently.

Half way through the delcious meal, her mother folded the paper in half and set it down gently and smiled at Sophie,"Good morning," She greeted.

"Morning," Sophie replied softly. It didn't feel comfortable, it was like talking to a complete stranger.

"Any plans today Sophia?"

"Spending some quality time with my brother today," She looked at Jordan, who had just started filling his plate.

"Yes mother, Sophie and I are going around town," Jordan sat with a stack of pancakes.

"Well that's nice. Have a good day," Her mother replied before taking a final sip of her coffee and exiting the room.

Once out of earshot, Sophie looked over to her brother who was scarfing down pancakes,"Do you know what we're doing today?"

"Can't tell you. Top secret," Jordan made out with a mouthful of pancakes. Rolling her eyes, Sophie finished her meal, washed her dishes, then went upstairs to change.

------------------------------------------

"Guys, what should we do today?" Nick asked his brothers sitting on Kevin's bed.

"Hmm, we could go golfing," Joe suggested.

"Yeah that would be good. What else,"

"Batting cage!" Kevin got excited.

"Do you think she'd do it though? She's pretty small," Nick worried.

"I've learned in the past that Sophie is very unpredictable," Joe laughed.

"Yeah, me too," Nick joined in.

-------------------------------------------

Sophie was taking a walk through the garden when she received Nick's text that they were there already. Telling him she'd be there in a few, she walked back up to the house.

"Hi guys," She said once in view of the four.

"Hey. Come on we have a full day ahead of us," Nick said as we all jumped into the car.

Sophie didn't dare ask where they were taking her too, she had decided to make it a surprise for herself.

Sophie was in the way back seat alone and she didn't mind it either. Sometimes it was nice to block out others conversations.

Her phone started to vibrate and she saw a message from Nick. She rolled her eyes laughing and opened it.

Hey -Nick

Hi : ) -Soph

How are you this wonderful morning? -Nick
And by this point she had burst out into laughing and all the boys turned around and looked at her funny.

"Something I read on my phone," She tried to act cool while Nick just smirked at her.

Oh just fine Mr. Jonas and you-Soph She replied shaking it off.

That's great. I'm great -Nick

Conceited much? -Soph

What? No, I mean well not like that -Nick

Ahaha I know. Joking Nick =) -Soph

Ohh. Well jeez, anyways we're here -Nick


She wasn't paying attention to the road on the way there, but automatically noticed where they were. Her grandfather's country club.

"So, what are we doing here?" She asked.

"We're going to play golf," Nick smiled not knowing if she would.

"Cool, Jordan you like golf don't you," She asked her brother who didn't know how to respond to this either.

"Yeah, guys. I need to tell you something,"

"Tell us while we're playing we have to get going if we're going to be on schedule!" Joe pushed him inside as they all followed.

"Hello how may I help you?" The lady, who Sophie knew for about 10 years, asked not looking up.

"We have a private game," Nick said.

"Name," She looked up,"SOPHIE!"

"No I'm Nick," he said answering her.

"SOPHIE!" The lady shrieked and went to hug the teenager,"What are you doing here?"

"We're golfing today," She looked at the boys who were confused.

"Oh, why didn't you call!"

"I didn't exactly know," Sophie shrugged.

"I'M CONFUSED!" Joe said randomly.

They laughed a bit,"My grandfather owns this country club, but we haven't been here for a while,"

"It feels like forever. So would you like me to tell them to get your things ready?" Julie asked.

"Well I've grown a bit so I was wondering if you thought my grandpa wouldn't mind letting us borrow new ones,"

"Awe Sophie, you know your grandfather is a sucker for you and Jordan." She laughed,"I'll call right now, why don't you show your friends around and your grandpa will meet you out there,"

"Alright thanks Julie," Sophie waved and walked over to the couches.

"So, your family owns this place?" Nick asked sitting next to her.

"I guess," She shrugged,"We use to come here a lot when we were little, but it hasn't been that way in a few years,"

"So much for a surprise," Joe plopped himself on the other couch.

"Yeah, we wanted you to do something that you haven't done,"

"I haven't golfed with the Jonas Brothers what are you guys talking about," She laughed making them all smile.

"Thanks for making us feel better," Nick smiled.

"Anytime! There are too many guys here," she looked around at all the teenagers.

"I guess I didn't really think about it," Kevin looked around.

"There are girls here," Joe retorted.

"Yeah, they're called the help," Jordan replied.

"Oh, well then Sophie you're just the center of attention today huh?" She hadn't noticed that most of the guys were staring at them.

Before Sophie said anything, a man wearing a yellow polo and golf shorts came in,"Hello kids, your grandfather is talking with the gold instructors right now. He asked me to take you into the shop to get you a new set of clubs,"

"Oh that's cool. We'll also need a new set for our friends here," Sophie added.

"Yes Miss. Adams,"

"Great boys take the lead,"

"Do you like doing business?" Nick asked quietly as they got up.

"Sometimes," She said with a sly grin.

"OOOH I WANT THESE!" Joe said picking up golf clubs with a stripe design.

"Joe, we're only borrowing them," Kevin added.

"Still, I want these!" He replied taking the bag.

"Sophie did you get yours?" Nick asked.

"Uhh not exactly, I know which one I want they're just not here anymore," She frowned.

"Excuse me, Ms. Adams. Your grandfather said yours were already being loaded onto the golfcart,"The guy announced. Sophie smiled wondering what her grandfather had up his sleeve.

"Ok. Let's head out!" Jordan led the way outside.

"We have two carts so Joe, Jordan, our caddie, and I will take one and you two can take the other," Kevin planned.

"I want to drive!" She shouted.

"Why can't I drive," Nick rebutted.

"Because you drove to the movies," She rebutted.

"But....you drove the car to my house," He thought.

"Why don't I drive there and you drive back," She suggested.

"Fine," Sighing in defeat while she giggled.

Going over to the golf carts, Sophie saw a blue bag with clubs in them. She smiled pulling one out to see that a music note pattern was engraved along the shaft.

"Now isn't that beautiful," Nick commented softly behind her.

"Yes. It is," She put it back in and walked over to the driver's seat,"Are you ready Mr. Jonas,"

"I think so," He smiled.

"Okay then. We're off," She stepped on the gas pedal and soon enough they were all playing under the sun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't worked on this in a while.
Have been working on the other story.
Reading others.
I guess I'm just looking for some inspiration.

Anywho, please please comment. ;D

-Gina