Use Somebody

Ten.

Out of all of the Staal brothers Jordan was perhaps the most reckless. Though only the second youngest, he certainly had the least amount of maturity. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, in fact his teammates and family alike loved him dearly because of this demeanor. When it came to girls however- things were a little different. His attitude and personality were no good for relationships. At 20 years of age, he was more of a one-night stand kinda guy.

So it was weird when Jordan found an overwhelming need to want to fix Abigail. It was like she was a broken toy and Jordan wanted to put her back together. Jordan had never felt this way about someone before, so he found it hard to go about the situation. He couldn't approach her like he had to all of the girls back in Pittsburgh so he was stuck. And the only person that could possibly help him was his very own brother.

"So what exactly happened to Abigail?" Jordan asked as he and Marc sat on the couch watching a baseball game two days after Abigail's first therapist appointment.

Marc sent his younger brother a look straight from hell and it took Jordan by surprise. Marc was the most laid back of the Staal brothers; it took a lot to get some sort of negative reaction out of him. So seeing this look made Jordan wonder how serious Abigail's situation was and that sent his imagination into overdrive.

"Is she in the witness protection program or something?" He blurted out without so much as thinking. "Is Abigail even her real name?"

Marc rolled his eyes at his brother, and only soften his expression slightly. He wasn’t playing around when it came to her emotions and he'd be dammed if he was going to let his younger brother screw (with) her. "You really make me wonder when you say things like that.." Marc muttered, his eyes drifting back to the baseball game.

"I'm serious," Jordan pressed on. "Well, not really about the witness protection thing.." he trailed off. "Unless, she really is in it," he added.

Marc snorted and looked back towards his blonde brother. "And what makes you think I'm going to tell you the truth?" He asked.

"Because I'm your brother," Jordan stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "We tell each other everything."

"Well this is something I'm keeping to myself," Marc answered, choosing his words carefully. He avoided using the word 'secret' because he knew that would only peek Jordan's sudden interest in his friend. Jordan was like a teenage girl when it came to things like secrets and things he just shouldn't know. He had to stick his nose in everything and this was something Jordan had no business knowing.

"I'm her friend too," Jordan tried to justify himself. Marc paused for a moment to collect his thoughts. Jordan was the one driving Abigail to her sessions, and she did seem to like him well enough, maybe he did deserve to know.

"If she wants to tell you, she will," Marc finally concluded. Jordan looked at his brother and glared. In a way he guessed it really showed how loyal Marc was as a friend to Abigail, but at the same time he couldn’t help but be severely annoyed. He wanted to know what was wrong with the beautiful girl who slept in the room next to his. He wanted to know why she cried herself to sleep at night and why she needed to see a therapist. He was racking his brain for an answer that Marc already had.

"And don't you make her tell you," Marc added, pointing an accusing finger at Jordan as he sat up and turned around to face him. "Don't force it, okay? I don't want you to fuck with her. She's not just some girl back in Pittsburgh who you can sleep with just because you play for the Penguins- she's my friend. And if you hurt her anymore than she's already hurting, you'll be out for the first half of the season with broken bones."

Jordan had never seen his brother so worked up about something since he claimed him and Eric cheated in a mock Game Seven back when they were young. This probably should have scared Jordan a little, it probably should have made him want to back off and give Abigail some space. But it didn't. In fact- it had the opposite effect. Jordan wasn't exactly the most conventional of all the Staals after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was short, and maybe a bit pointless to you guys- but it's actually pretty important. it's also for some reason one of my favorites. i like this chapter a lot.

your comments make me smile. seriously.<3

xoxo.