Use Somebody

Twelve.

It started to rain almost as soon as Jordan began driving down the Staal's driveway. It started as a light rain and then the sky opened up and it really started coming down. After driving on the highway for a while, Jordan decided it was much safer to take the back roads.

"These summer storms are crazy," he commented with a shake of his head. He was leaning forward, the windshield wipers on high as he drove nowhere over 25 miles an hour. And just like that, the rain stopped. Abby looked out her window and smiled widely.

"It's gone," she grinned. But no sooner than the words left her lips was there a loud noise from the front of Jordan's truck. Suddenly, the car began to slow down and Jordan let a string of obstinacies leave his mouth. Abigail looked around frantically, confused as to what was happening. "What's wrong?" She asked as Jordan pulled over to the side of the road.

"This car's a piece of shit," Jordan replied, shutting the car off and taking the keys out of the ignition. He placed them on his lap and took a deep breath. "I'm really sorry about this," he said. "This truck is real old and tends to die a lot."

"It's okay," Abigail reassured him in a small voice. But honestly, it wasn't okay. Nothing was ever okay anymore. As much as she almost dreaded going to see her therapist again, she knew she needed it to feel normal. And now they were stuck on the side of the road, a lake to their right side and the woods to their left. They weren't in the middle of nowhere, but it seemed that they had been the only people to travel down the road that night.

Jordan got out of the car and pushed the hood of the car open, spending a few minutes examining what was wrong. Abigail sat in the passenger seat and focused on not crying. When she heard the door open again she looked towards the driver's seat, her eyes wide and glazed over.

"It's the engine, not the battery. So I guess we just have to wait for someone to drive by. I don't get any cell service here," he said looking at the steering wheel. He felt like such an idiot that he didn't even want to look over towards Abigail and see how upset she was. But against his better judgment he did just that and he felt his heart nearly break at her expression. She just looked lost and helpless and Jordan wanted nothing more than to make everything okay again. "Do you wanna listen to the radio?" He asked quickly, turning the car on so it was just running on the battery. He turned the volume up and Abigail stared at the radio as she listened to the words flowing through the speakers.

"Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you,"

Tears welled up in her eyes and she threw the car door open, stepping outside and immediately wiping away her tears. Jordan sighed and got out as well, walking around to her side of the car and standing in front of her.

"Is everything okay?" Jordan asked, though he already knew the answer.

"This is my favorite song," Abigail responded with a sniffle. Jordan smiled sadly and wiped away a few of her stray tears with the pads of his thumb. And just like that, Abigail threw herself into Jordan's chest, wrapping her arms around his waist tightly and letting her tears flow. After hesitating for a few moments, Jordan snaked his arms around Abigail's small body and held her close to him, savoring the feeling of her skin against his.

Abigail didn't know why she did it, but she felt a sense of security in Jordan's arms. He held her in a way that she couldn't compare to him. She didn't feel violated or insecure in his arms. In fact, it was quite the opposite. She felt completely secure. And honestly- that scared her. She didn't understand why being in Jordan's arms didn't make her stomach churn. Not that she minded not feeling like that really.

"Shh," he cooed to her lightly, running his fingers through her soft brown hair. "Do you wanna dance?" He asked, leaning down at whispering. Abigail said nothing, but pressed her cheek against Jordan's chest and laced their fingers together with her one hand, letting the other hang around his waist tightly.

The clouds had cleared and the moon was shining down against the lake, making the light reflect onto Jordan and Abigail. The sounds of Oasis poured through Jordan's speakers and through the passenger door that remained open. They stood there, swaying back and forth lightly- Abigail crying softly and Jordan wondering all the ways he could possibly make her feel better.

"I said maybe, you're gonna be the one who saves me..."
♠ ♠ ♠
soo i just realized i get to see jordan staal on saturday! ahhh. i'm so excited! i really hope i can take pictures and post them up here!
oh, and just in case you were wondering this is loosely based off of the song "tim mcgraw" by taylor swift. in some really weird way this whole story is kinda based off of it. i guess it'll make more sense as the story unfolds :)

ps, i love your comments.

xoxo.