Use Somebody

Fourteen.

It was a fairly quiet morning in the Staal house considering the night before. Everyone had already eaten their breakfast and were already going about their business by the time Abigail woke up. She got dressed in a yellow tank top and a long flowing white skirt before she made her way downstairs.

She quickly found Marc grabbing a water from inside the fridge and she walked over and stood next to him, grabbing the carton of orange juice

"Morning," he smiled once he saw his friend.

"Good morning," she grinned back. She walked over to the counter and placed the carton of orange juice on the counter before searching for a glass. Once she found one she poured the liquid inside and the placed the carton back in the fridge.

"You seem really good today," Marc told her.

"Thanks," she blushed. "I have another appointment with the doctor," she said meekly.

Marc smiled and nodded. "Do you want me to take you?"

"Does uhm, Jordan's truck work?"

"He's out at the shop right now getting it worked on. Why?" He answered, confused by the brunette's question.

"Is it okay if he brings me?" She asked, quickly sipping her orange juice after and avoiding Marc's eyes.

If one thing worried Marc Staal more than Abigail getting better, it was probably his brother trying to make a move on her. He had never knew anyone who had been raped before, but after it happened to Abigail he learned quickly that it tore down any trust you had and made it extremely hard to rebuild. It seriously worried him that Abigail seemed to be getting so attached to Jordan so quickly. And vice versa.

Marc saw the way he looked at Abigail. He saw those secret glances, the ones that would make Abigail shudder if she saw them. He knew his brother was intrigued by her and it was easy to see why. She was pretty and she had a secret. She was interesting and Jordan wanted to know more about her.

It wasn't that Marc didn't trust his brother's intentions; it was just that he couldn't help by question them knowing his past history. Jordan had had one serious girlfriend in the past and since he broke up with her to go play hockey in Pittsburgh he hadn't had a relationship since. Marc wanted to trust Jordan, but when it came to Abigail he felt like he couldn't trust anyone.

"Yeah, that's fine," Marc said quickly, nodding his head.

"It's just..." Abigail began, biting her lip lightly and looking down at her glass. "He doesn't make me feel awkward or...violated," she said softly, her cheeks rising in color slightly. "I don't know Marc. I just feel comfortable around him. Just like I do with you. Don't worry though. I know exactly what that face means," she continued, referring to the look of worry crossing his features. "He just feels sorry for me, no one's ever gonna wanna be with me again. Unless it's to just fuc-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence," Marc warned her. Abigail sighed deeply and looked defeated as she leaned against the counter and looked to the ground. "Abigail, you know that's not true."

"I don't really want to talk about this," she said in a low voice, still avoiding Marc's gaze.
"Abby," Marc sighed, reaching out to touch her arm lightly. She flinched out of his way, her bottom lip crumbling up like she was about to cry.

"Not now," she insisted, her voice almost quivering. "I'll talk to you when I get back home, okay?" She asked, looking up at Marc just enough to let him see her eyes, wide and glazed over.

"I'm sorry Abby," Marc told her as she walked away.

"It's not your fault Marc. It's really not," she told him. Willing herself not to cry, Abigail walked out the front door just in time to watch Jordan pull into the driveway. Before he could get out of the car though, she climbed in the passenger seat and buckled her seat belt.

"Hey Abby," Jordan said awkwardly, not knowing exactly what the broken girl was doing.

"Can we go somewhere?" She asked, not ever looking at him. Instead she kept her eyes forward.

"Uh, sure thing," Jordan answered, putting the truck in reverse and slowly backing down the long driveway again. "Is everything okay?" He asked her carefully.

"What do you think," she replied in a voice so low Jordan almost didn't hear her.

Jordan decided to make a decision not to press the issue anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
the next chapter is gonna be a good one :)
thanks for all the comments! keep 'em coming!<3

ps, there's a surprise on my profile!

xoxo.