Use Somebody

Sixteen.

When Marc arrived back home he saw Jordan's truck in the driveway indicating one of two things- his younger brother was home, and so was Abigail. After he made her cry and she ran out of the house and right into Jordan's truck Marc left as well, hoping to clear his mind a bit; he knew trying to find them would just make things worse so he opted to just wait it out. He walked into the house and glanced around the living room and kitchen, noting that not a soul was there. He then walked up the stairs to see if Jordan and Abigail were in their respective rooms, but still no such luck.

Just as he was about to give up hope, he decided to venture out into the backyard and it was there he saw his younger brother leaning against the trunk of a tree with Abigail sitting in between his legs, her back to his chest. Jordan's arms were wrapped lovingly around her small frail body as he softly stroked her brown hair. Marc furrowed his eyebrows at the sight, and decided further investigation was more than necessary.

"What're you doing? Marc inquired quietly when he noticed Abigail was sleeping soundly against her brother's chest. Jordan looked up at his brother slowly not even noticing he was standing in front of him until he spoke. He had been spacing out since he heard Abigail's breath even out and he knew she was asleep.

"Huh?" He asked dumbly. Marc eyed his position, and mainly the girl laying in his arms. The same girl who shuddered at male contact, but the same girl who seemed to be pretty damn comfortable lying against Jordan's chest.

"What're you doing? Is she okay?" Marc asked. Jordan simply nodded, fearing the vibrations in his chest from him talking would wake Abby- even if he was whispering.

"She's fine," he answered eventually. Marc rasied an eyebrow letting him know he wasn't fully convinced.

"What the hell happened?"

"We went to get something to eat and then she went to her appointment. We came home and she told me everything," Jordan explained. Marc's eyes widened at the blonde's words.

"Everything?" Marc pressed on.

"Everything," Jordan nodded.

Sighing Marc ran his fingers through his hair as he looked down at poor Abigail. "You should probably bring her to bed," he said. Jordan nodded in agreement and tried to maneuver himself in a way that he wouldn't wake the sleeping girl up. She stirred slightly as he moved and even more so once he scooped her up into his strong arms, but she never woke up. Both Marc and Jordan walked up and into Abigail's room, Jordan laying her down softly on her bed when they got there.

"Should we put her in pajamas or something?" Jordan asked.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure having a rape victim wake up to two guys taking her clothes off would be great for her recovery," Marc shot back sarcastically. Jordan rolled his eyes at his older brother.

"Then I'll just wake her up," he reasoned, shaking the brunette lightly. She stirred again, her eyes fluttering open and her back arching against the bed as she stretched.

"Mmm," she murmured, burying her face into her pillow.

"Abs, you have to get changed," Marc told her. "You're still in a dress."

"Okay," she mumbled, slowly pushing herself out of bed and trudging over to her dresser, grabbing a large tee-shirt and walking into the bathroom to change.

"You have so much explaining to do," Marc said, Jordan rolled his eyes again.

"About what?"

"Don't play dumb," he said as Abby walked back out into her room with her dress in her hand and her oversized tee-shirt draped over her body. She dropped the dress at the edge of her bed as Jordan helped her with the sheets. She climbed onto the soft mattress and Jordan pulled the sheets over her small body, smiling as he did so.

"Sleep well, okay?" He told her, to which she nodded lightly. She fell asleep quickly and the boys both retreated out into the hallway. Little did they know that this was the first night Abigail didn't cry herself to sleep since she got to Thunder Bay.

"So why was she sleeping on you?" Marc asked as they ascended down the stairs.

"After she told me the story of what happened to her, I sort of kissed her," Jordan shrugged.

"You what?" Marc whispered harshly. "Jordan, she's not like all of those other girls you can just fuck with and throw to the side when you get bored. She's a good girl that something very serious happened to."

"You think I don't understand that Marc? I'm not stupid, and I can't believe you would think I'd treat her like that."

"That's how you've treated almost every single girl you've met for a while now."

"Abigail's different. She's so fragile, and she's so...perfect. I just want to fix her. I want her to be how she was before the rape," he explained. "I would never do anything to hurt her," Jordan added, knowing that was what Marc really feared.

"I know," Marc admitted. "It just...you should have seen her the night she came to my apartment. I've never seen her like that before. I'm just worried she'll never be the same."

"I know bro, but you just gotta trust me."
♠ ♠ ♠
next chapter will be more exciting, i promise!
sorry this took so long to post, i kinda just stuck :/
thanks for all your comments though!
xoxo.