Use Somebody

Eighteen.

Terrified couldn't even describe how Abigail was feeling the morning of Jordan's day with the Cup. Even though she had woken up with her back pressed against Jordan's chest, she had also woken up with a pit in her stomach the size of Alaska.

Linda made a huge breakfast for the occasion but Abigail could barely eat because of her nerves. Marc sent her reassuring smiles from across the table and Jordan would give her hand a reassuring squeeze every so often as well. Linda had a short talk with her before she went to get ready for the day, letting her know that if at any point she felt uncomfortable she would drive her back to the house. Abigail smile at her offer, but told her she'd be fine.

Abigail was determined to get through this day, because if she did she could prove she was getting better. She also wanted to make Jordan happy. She knew how much this day meant to him and she also knew how hard he had been trying to make her feel better. Sticking next to him for the day would be the very least she could do to thank him.

So she got ready for the day, putting on a navy blue strapless woven dress with three colored strips at the hem. One purple, one grey, and one pink. She curled her hair softly, making it into soft waves as opposed to big curls. After applying the smallest bit of eyeliner she was ready. She walked downstairs slowly, smiling when she saw the Stanley Cup sitting on the kitchen table. Jordan immediately grabbed a hold of her, hugging her tightly and kissing her softly.

"You look gorgeous," he grinned. She blushed and thanked him before he laced his fingers with her's and tugged her towards the large Cup. Slowly, she ran her fingers over the writing, smiling as she recognized a few of the names that were engraved on it.

"I never really got to say congratulations," she said softly, glancing up at him. He was still smiling as he placed a kiss on her forehead. "So congrats. Marc and I watched the whole series," she said.

"Thank you," he smiled widely, wrapping his arms around her from behind. Abigail noticed a few flashes from their right side and she looked up to see Linda smiling at them, a digital camera in her hands.

"You guys are too cute," she told them. Abigail blushed once again and Jordan smiled proudly.

After a few more pictures with the Cup in the house, they brought it to the center of town where there was going to be a signing. Jordan sat at a long table, the Cup next to him and his family surrounded him. Abigail sat next to him (at request of Jordan) and smiled at all of the fans who had come and see her boyfriend.

"This is unbelievable," she murmured when Jordan had a short break. He slung his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into his side, placing a kiss on her head.

"It's amazing," Jordan clarified.

"That too," Abigail giggled. "I mean, I've been to a few of Marc's games and I've been out with him when fans have recognized him- but this," she said looking around the sea of people all decked out in Pen's attire and some even in jersey's from when Jordan played in Juniors. "Is insane."

"I'm glad you're here," he whispered softly in her ear. She smiled and turned so she was facing him, pressing her lips to his in a short kiss. Jordan smiled widely.

After the signing Jordan went around town to a few places he had spent a lot of time as a kid and took pictures with the Cup. He went everywhere from the rink he used to have five am practices, to the signs that welcomed you to Thunder Bay. Everyone seemed to know Jordan, congratulating him like they had been friends forever. It warmed Abigail’s hear t to see the smile never leave Jordan’s face the entire day.

The rest of the day went on without a hitch. Abigail enjoyed herself thoroughly and Jordan was on top of the world. Abigail was so thrilled with her new boyfriend she didn't even stop to think once about being raped. Her day was worry free and she couldn't be happier about it.

She even found herself having a good time at the huge party Jordan had. The thumping music and dancing didn't bother her once; it reminded her of the past, but not in a bad way. It reminded her of the good times she had before she got raped. All of the Staal's were overjoyed to see Abigail having a good time, but none more than Jordan.

But as the day began to wind down and everyone started to go back home, a new worry popped into Abigail's head. What was she going to do when the summer was over? She had only known New York- that's where she belonged. But now her heart was in the hands of a boy who didn't live there, and she had no idea what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry- i know this is short. the next chapters will be rather lengthy because they will be the last two.
sad, i know. i really enjoyed writing this story!

feedback pleasee :)
xoxo.