Use Somebody

Four.

Abigail walked around the Staal's property with Marc. He showed her the sod farm, the equipment, the old hockey rink his father had built when he and his brothers were kids, an old tree house that used to be a favorite among the boys, and even a small pond that was a little further into the property.

Marc was happy Abigail was out of her room, and Abigail was happy to be breathing fresh air. They spent most of their day outside, even when lunchtime came Linda brought them both out sandwiches and they ate on top of one of the tractors.

"Who is she anyway?" Jordan asked as he stared out the kitchen window at his brother and the mystery girl next to him. He couldn't help but notice how fidgety she was; he wondered if there was something wrong with her.

"One of Marc's friends from New York," Linda said as she busily cleaned the counter.

"I know that," Jordan said with a roll of his eyes. He turned around and hoisted himself up on the counter, grabbing an apple and taking a large bite out of it. "But who is she?" He asked, his mouth full. His mother rolled her own eyes slightly at her son's lack on manners and continued to wipe down the counter.

"I don't know much about her either Jord," she said. "Her name's Abigail Franco and she's staying here until Marc goes back for camp in August."

"Why's she so weird?" Jordan asked bluntly, looking over his shoulder and glancing at her again. Linda sighed and threw the dishtowel in the sink.

"She's not weird Jordan," she said. "She's just...had a tough time lately. Give her a few weeks to feel better. She's a very sweet girl."

"So you do know more about her," Jordan smiled, prompting his mother to tell him everything she knew. Unfortunately for him, Linda was a wonderful secret keeper and she wanted nothing more than for Abigail to feel better. She knew telling her immature 20 year old son would not help that cause at all.

"Just drop it Jordan," she instructed him. "Be nice to her, treat her like you would anyone else," she said. She began to walk out of the kitchen, but stopped when she had almost made it to the hallway. She turned around swiftly and pointed an accusing finger at him. "And don't pry into her life." And with that she was gone.

Jordan finished eating his apple on top of the counter and threw the core into the garbage when he was finished. He then took to staring at Abigail until her and Marc decided to come back inside. Marc was carrying the trash from their lunch outside and Abigail was smiling, though it looked forced and pained. She took a seat at the kitchen table as Marc threw away the garbage, walking to the fridge and grabbing a water before taking a seat next to Abigail. All this time, Jordan was watching her every movement, making Abigail more uncomfortable as each second ticked by.

"Are you eating dinner with us tonight?" Jordan asked her. Abigail refused to look at the blonde haired boy and Marc seemed to sense her uneasiness and glared at his younger brother.

"Lay off Jord," he instructed him.

"What? I was just asking a question," Jordan shrugged innocently.

"Yes," Abigail piped up, ignoring the brothers fighting. They both looked surprised as they looked over towards her. Abigail felt her cheeks get hot and she felt like throwing up, she was a complete wreck and all just because two boys were looking at her. Before this, she would have reveled in the fact two boys were looking at her- two cute boys at that. She probably would have turned her charm on high and gotten both of their numbers before the night was over. That was the old Abigail.

The new Abigail was absolutely horrified by the fact two boys were staring at her. She felt uncomfortable, like she was standing there naked. She felt their eyes burn her skin and she suddenly felt the need to take another shower. Her skin crawled as she felt the familiar feeling of his hands groping her every which way. She wanted to curl up in a ball and just die.

"Abs, you don't have to-" Marc began, but Abigail didn't stick around to hear the rest. She ran through the kitchen and living room, up the stairs, down the hall, and straight into her room. She dropped to her knees in front of the toilet and successfully emptied her stomach of the lunch she had just eaten.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is kinda filler-ish. the next chapter is much more exciting. more jordan :)

ps, i love getting comments on thiss!

xoxo.