Use Somebody

Six.

Abigail hadn't thrown up in a week. However, she stayed in her room and decided to really get mentally better before she faced the world again. She had been at the Staal's residence for a total of three weeks and she was slowly feeling...okay. She wouldn't say she was better per say, because she believed she would never truely feel better, but she certainly didn't feel like she had three weeks ago.

She spent most of her time reading and watching movies. Marc would come up and talk to her often, and Jordan had even watched a movie with her once. She was beginning to feel okay around boys again. Well, at least the Staal boys.

After almost a week of staying in her room, Abigail decided to face the day and she walked down to the kitchen. She was wearing a bright yellow sundress and she had put on make-up for the first time in three weeks.

"Abigail," Linda smiled brightly upon seeing the young girl walk into the kitchen.

"Hey," she said softly, letting her eyes drift to the kitchen table. Both Jordan and Jared were sitting there, shoving spoonfuls of cereal into their mouths. Jordan smiled widely upon seeing her, but Jared seemed mostly uneffected.

"Hey, Abby," Jordan grinned. "Come and have some Coco Puffs," he told her, motioning to the chair next to him. She smiled meekly and walked over to the chair slowly, taking her seat and looking over at Jordan as if for further instructions. "I'll get you a bowl," he told her. Just as he said, Jordan had a bowl of Coco Puffs sitting in front of Abigail in less than two minutes. Linda couldn't help but smile brightly at how attentive her son was being towards the broken girl. It made her happy to see she had raised her boys right.

"Do you need anything else sweetie?" Linda asked.

"I'm fine Ma," Jordan told her.

"I was talking to Abigail, Jord," she told her son.

"Oh," he said, casting his gaze back down to his breakfast. Abigail laughed lightly and smiled up at Linda.

"No thank you, I'm fine," she said with a small nod. Linda simply smiled and slipped outside. The boys and Abigail ate in mostly slience, and once Jared was finished eating and out of the kitchen, Jordan set his gaze to the small girl beside him.

"Wanna help plant some sod today?" Jordan asked as if it was the most exciting thing in the world.

"I guess..?" Abigail said, in more of a question than anything.

"Nice!" He exclaimed. "You should probably change though," he told her, pointing at her dress.

"Okay," she said. "Is Marc home?"

"Yeah, he's already outside helping my Dad with something," he explained.

"Alright, lemme go change real quick. I'll be back down in a minute," she told Jordan who in turn smiled brightly and grabbed their empty cereal bowls. Abigail walked back upstairs and quickly changed into a plain white tee shirt and a pair of cut off jean shorts. She threw her short hair into a ponytail and trotted downstairs where Jordan was waiting for her, smiling already.

"Ready?" He asked her.

"Yeah," she said with a small nod. Jordan led her outside where the sun was already beating down on them hard. Abby noticed Marc helping his Dad lift a few heavy bags of what looked to be seed, and she noticed Jared driving a tractor. Eric had a bag of seed over his shoulder as well.

"Are you sure you're okay to help out? It's kinda a bunch of manual labor. I don't want you to hurt yourself," he told her.

Abby looked around the farm quickly and everyone working and then let her eyes land back on Jordan. "It'll keep me distracted," she told him. Jordan nodded, though he still wasn't sure exactly what she needed to keep her mind off of and directed her towards a pile of grass seed.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know i suck, no need to tell me.
i've been SO fucking busy this week though. but a good kind of busy. classes start tomorrow though, so i'll probably update more often because i'll be home more.
the next chapter will be much more exciting. i promise :)

xoxo.