Use Somebody

Eight.

Abigail sat at the end of her bed staring down at her hand. Linda had bandaged it up and decided she didn't need stitches. No one came up to her room to ask if she was okay after Linda had left. The Staals had decided she needed some time alone. After her episode it really left a question mark over everyone's head as to if she really was going to be okay or not. Marc was worried sick and Jordan was even more intrigued than he had been before.

After a few hours of deliberation, they all came to a conclusion that seemed to be their last option. Linda and Marc went up to Abigail's room to give her the news.

"Abigail?" Linda asked, knocking on the door softly as she pushed it open simultaneously. Abigail didn't respond, her eyes stay locked on her hand. Linda and Marc exchanged worried glances and took a seat on either side of her. They made sure to keep their distance but still let her know they cared for her.

"Abs, we have to tell you something," Marc said uneasily. Abigail looked up at her friend with the most vacant stare he had ever seen. Her eyes were completely dead and it worried Marc to no end.

"We're very worried about you Abigail," Linda went on. "And we think it'd be best if you talked to someone. We found a therapist about a half hour away from here and we really think it'd help you out."

Abigail licked her lips and Marc frowned deeply, "You're scaring me Abs," he told her truthfully. "I just want you to be okay. I want you back. I care about you too much to just be okay with you feeling like this all the time."

"I don't know.." she mumbled.

"We're paying for everything Abigail. And we'll drive you there and back as well. We all wanna see you smile like Marc says you do," Linda smiled sympathetically, placing her hand over Abigail's.

"Okay," she said in a whisper so low that if Marc and Linda hadn't been paying full attention to her, they probably wouldn't have heard.

"You have an appointment tomorrow at six," Marc explained shortly. "Jordan's the only one who can drive you, is that okay?"

Abigail nodded and Marc gave her a weak smile. He went into hug her, but hesitated. She looked up at him with her vacant eyes and nodded just slightly. Marc smiled a bit and wrapped his arms around his friend tightly, wanting so badly for all her pain to leave her.

Despite her trying day, Abigail slept soundly that night. It could have been because she was so completely emotionally and physically drained her body couldn't do anything but sleep, or it could have been because it was the first night she didn't have nightmares since the rape. She slept through the night without so much as a whimper. This threw Jordan off a little, mostly because he had grown so used to listening to Abigail cry herself to sleep and then become very vocal once she had her nightmares. It was something he had become accustom to and not hearing it threw him off. He was happy though; this meant Abigail was taking steps in the right direction.

It didn't surprise anyone when she didn't emerge from her room all day until 5:15 though. She only left because of her appointment but they were happy she at least left for that. She walked down the stairs resembling a zombie and wearing a black sundress. Jordan waited patiently for her on the couch. He was the only one home and when he finally heard the patter of her feet working their way down the stairs he stood up and turned around.

"You look nice," he told her with a short nod. She smiled so weakly it actually looked like it caused her pain. Jordan frowned and grabbed his keys. "Ready?" He asked her. She simply nodded wordlessly and they began to walk to Jordan's truck.

Once on the road Jordan felt like he should try and talk to her. He was still clueless as to why she was going to see a therapist in the first place. Maybe if he tried to talk to her she'd feel better. Maybe if she talked to him she wouldn't need to go see someone else.

"So.." Jordan began awkwardly. Abigail's green eyes wandered over to where Jordan was driving. His blonde hair looked messy though she knew he had just got it cut. He was wearing a plain black tee-shirt and a pair of shorts. His blue eyes sparkled in the sun and when he looked at her he bit his lip ever so lightly.

It almost pained Abigail to be attracted to him. She wished so badly that she could feel normal again, and maybe start something with Jordan. He was nice, and he was cute, and he really seemed to take a liking to her. However, the thought of being close to a boy at that juncture in her life made her want to vomit. And then the fact that she thought that just depressed her to no end. At this point she would probably sell her soul to the devil if it meant her feeling good in her own skin again.

"How are you?" He asked, immediately regretting the words that left his lips. He looked over at Abigail and anticipated her tears. He just knew she was going to cry, maybe even throw up. He overheard his mother telling Marc she had been puking a lot.

But Abigail did nothing of what Jordan expected. She simply pursed her pink lips and looked out the window longingly before setting her green eyes back on Jordan.

"I've been better," she shrugged, cracking the smallest of smiles. Jordan let out a sigh of relief as he let a smile envelop his features. "How about you? Are you upset you have to drive me half an hour out of the way and then sit around for 45 minutes?"

Jordan laughed lightly and set his eyes back to the road, "I offered to drive you actually," he said shyly. Abigail's face turned bright red as she looked down into her lap. She couldn't believe that he wanted to do this and it made her skin crawl and her heart beat out of her chest at the same time.

She wasn't sure how much longer she could deal with these conflicting feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this chapter is sorta jumpy and not very good. i promise the next chapter will be better!
but i'm sure the jordan, abigail interaction made you happy! :)
i'm watching the islanders game online right now and apparently okposo got hit real hard and had to be carried away on a stretcher? anyone wanna tell me what happened? i didn't see that part.

i love getting your comments.<3

xoxo.