Gravestone Romance

Ten years later

Frankie’s P.o.v

It is now ten years later from that awful night. It is still a vivid memory of mine. A memory of my child hood that is so unforgettable. I sighed as I sipped my coffee; i was sitting at my desk which was in a room situated by the ocean. Since I have moved here though, I have had a little too many encounters with spirits. A lot of drowned in the near by waters; others were lost or died in the bush land that surrounded. Sometimes my gift was hard. It was something that doesn’t happen to everyday people. My mother is now forty years old since that night as well. She only loved me back then because I was young and her only son. Now, she thinks I am a freak, and I don’t know why.

I also have to deal with the families of the spirits. Of course, I have to tell them who I am and what my job in life is. They are shocked at first and some are angry at me. They think I am feeding them lies. Some other people accept it as they are eager to know about their lost loved one. Their tears and heartbreak get to me, my heart and soul feels for those people.

I heard a knock at the door; I was waiting for Doctor Tom Alexander. He was my business partner or so he liked to be called. He helped me out with the people that had to deal with problems in their house such as ghosts. Doctor Alexander also helps in telling the families that there love one is still around, it isn’t an easy job. He was also a researcher and updated me on many news stories.

As I opened the door he stood there in his long white cloak with his rimed glasses and of course, his smile was always bright. I could see he had papers in his hand.

“A family living close by, they want your help”, he informs. “They go by the name Mr. and Mrs. Downy”.

I was known around here by the person hat could see ghosts. Some were skeptical of course, while others rushed to know more. I sighed as I saw the papers.

“They say that they have been having problems with their plumbing. They think it is oddly caused by a…spirit”.
“Not always, I mean, it could be anything”, I reply.

Water, plumbing; spirits normally would come in contact with these things if it was a contributing factor in their death. Although, that was not always the case. I knew an old lady, her husband had passed by slipping into their in ground pool. He was a weak old man and he couldn’t save himself. She was in tears as she explained. You see, her plumbing was well…dodgy as well. Her husband drowned; a perfect reason why her plumbing was a little odd. He was still there and there for a reason. He hadn’t slipped; he deliberately held his breath until he passed out under water. Because of his weakness, it was an instance killer. I had other instances like this as well.

At the house- Mr. and Mrs. Downy

“Please, call me Barbara”, Mrs. Downy smiles.

I nod my head and head deep inside her house. It was an elegant house, very modern day. I saw the instant problem. The wall had cracks and water was leaking from it. As I headed in the bathroom, I saw a very faint shadow against the wall. It disappeared in an instant. I called for it, I wanted to know about why they were still here.

“They don’t know”, I hear the cold voice, it makes me jump. There is a girl standing there, blood lines her eyes. Her hair is dripping wet and her clothes are torn.
“What happened to you”, I was very easy around spirits as it was my everyday job and all.
Her blood curling screams echo the bathroom and she disappears.

I rush outside.

“Find them accommodation, this isn’t safe”, I stuff money into Doctor Alexander’s hands and he goes over to tell them. It was a normal remedy that I did for people. I didn’t want them being tortured by these spirits, some were dangerous. Some wanted others to feel the pain they felt when they died. That girl I saw was dreadful, she was a mess. I knew whatever happened to her was painful.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will gradually get into the story..