I Will Not Fall in Love With Vampires. I Will Not Fall in Love With Vampires. I Will Not Fall in Love With Vampires.

Chapter 4

I silently made my way to the school. Everything is eerily quiet when you get to an old abandoned school in the early hours of the morning. The chilly wind silently whispered death has occurred, but of course I ignored my instinct. I should have called the police. I should have gotten out of there, skipped school, ran out of town, left period; but I didn’t. Stupid me. I pushed open the door, every cell in my body screaming for me to run. But humans are curious, curious creatures. Curiosity killed the cat, right? Well, lets say that the cat is me, and I don’t have 9 lives. What then?

I took a tenetive step forward, turned the corner towards my first class, and screamed a blood curling scream. I didn’t even realize at first that it came from me. The piercing screech came again and again, each time louder. I was vaguely aware of a secretary coming out to see what had happened, her barely audible ‘oh my god’ escaping from her lips. Even less aware of a pair of cold arms encircling me, tugging me back away. All I focused on was the body, a girl, suspended from the ceiling, a bloody rope fastened around her neck like a shiny, no pun intended, choker. On her arms, legs, and face were cuts, large, small, shallow, deep. She wore an old-fashioned dress, originally white, now colored with deep scarlet. Her head lolled forward like she was still alive, her dull, entangled brown hair falling and twisting around her face, and I screamed once more. By now someone had called the police, and they swarmed our small school lobby. A crowd of students formed a circle around me, the mystery person, and the corpse, silently listening to my tortured and terrified screams. Twisting around, not wanting to look at the hanging any longer, I buried my face into the person behind me’s chest, sobbing. My throat hurt now, rubbed raw from my screeches. The person breathed warmly into my hair, attempting to calm me down like my mom did when I was little. That brought on a new round of tears, and the person murmured softly to me. The voice sounded familiar, and I searched my mind for a match. Suddenly, it hit me. The voice was Jehse’s!

“Shhh Lynn. It’s all right. Your alright. Shhh.”