Candy Hearts and Stale Air

Could It Be?

*With the band*

"I'm telling you that's her!" The lead singer named Billie shouted at the bassist.
"Dude, there is no way it could be. There's how many people in this world?" Mike replied.
"I know... But did you see the way she was looking at me? She knows!"
"Bill, there is absolutely no possible way it's her!"

Mike could see that he wasn't getting anywhere and parted, leaving Billie to think.

*Back with Kari*

I followed the security guard backstage and into a room that was dimly lit. He told me to wait there. I sat. And I waited. I had no clue what was going on. The door opened and I looked up to see the singer in front of me.

He looked at me, took a breath and asked, "what's your name miss?"
I stuttered to get my first name out

"Kari..." I finally choked.
"Kari what?"
"Kari Rossi." His facial expression didn't change, but the look in his green eyes did.
"Where are your parents?" He asked. Why was he asking me this?
"I don't have any, I'm staying with my friend's family and have been for a few months." His facial expression finally softened and I stared at his eyes again. Green eyes. Like mine but aged and more understanding.
What did he know that I didn't?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment it to tell me what you think