Tuesday and Tacos

1/1

It was a Tuesday, a sunny, bright, warm Tuesday of the summer. Two boys sat in a bus, alone, while the rest of their band was off doing other things.

Jack glanced out the window, "Hey look! Taco Bell!"

What an ADD child Alex thought.

"Alex, I'm bored!" Jack whined, poking Alex's cheek.

Alex continued to stare off into space, then shook his head, blinked, and turned to Jack. "What?!"

Jack shrunk back, startled by Alex's sudden hostility. "Sorry, I'm bored..."

Alex sighed. He wasn't mad, just thinking. Thinking how he'd explain it. How he, Alex Gaskarth, would explain his love for his best friend Jack Barakat.

Alex then looked back at Jack, surprised to see him fast asleep. The clock on the microwave read 8:15. It's been an hour, Alex thought, No wonder he's asleep.

Alex lovingly gazed over Jack's sleeping figure. He's gorgeous. And I love him. Just thinking about how he cared for Jack hurt him, causing a bunch of "what if's" to crawl through his mind. What if he doesn't care? What if he hates me afterwards? What if he can't stand me anymore? What will happen to the band?

I need to go for a walk, Alex decided. He scribbled a note on a napkin and left it on the table, "Out for a walk, call/text".

Down the bus stairs and out the door, Alex wandered down the street, sunglasses on and hood up. As he walked past, he saw a couple kissing at the street corner. How I wish it would be like that. Normal, in everyone's eyes. There are no heterophobes, only homophobes. How easy it would be if I was a girl. Or if Jack was a girl. Girls are all over us anyway.

"Hey, Alex!"

He turned around, looking for whoever was calling his name. Zack and Rian came running from the direction of the voice.

"What's up?" Zack asked, sounding out of breath.

"Not much, just thinking."

" 'Bout what?"

"None of your business." Alex mumbled, shuffling away, leaving Zack and Rian behind him wondering.

Alex continued to wander up until dark, he sat on a bench and surveyed his surroundings.

Shit. Where the hell am I? He thought, unaware of the time and distance from his bus.

His phone ran. An annoying, preloaded ring that comes with the phone. Digging in his pockets for his phone, he came across a photo in the same pocket as his phone. It was of him and Jack. He stared at it for a moment, then he remembered his ringing phone.

"Hello?" he mumbled into the phone.

"Where are you?! You've been gone for almost all day!" he heard Jack basically scream through the phone. So loud he had to hold it at arm's length away from his ear.

He looked up, searching for a streetsign or a landmark. He then realized where he was. He never ended up answering Jack. He shoved his phone in his pocket and made a run for it. He banged on the bus door. A worried Jack opened the door.

"Where have you been?!"

Alex didn't even reply. He just grabbed Jack's hand, dragging him out of the bus, down the street, and around the corner, to where he had previously been. He let go of Jack and sat down on the bench, with Jack sitting next to him.

Alex sighed. I never figured out how I was going to do this! he thought. I guess I just gotta wing it... He sighed again, sat up and looked Jack straight in the eyes.

"Alright, I really don't know how to do this any other way that this." Alex said, and reached over, grabbed Jack's face and kissed him full on the lips. Fireworks went off inside of both of them.

"I love you." Jack whispered breathlessly as they pulled away. Alex couldn't help but smile and reply, "I love you too."

They sat quietly on the bench for a few moments, just enjoying each other's company. Suddenly, Jack sat up straight and pointed in the air. Alex shot him a questioning look.

"It's Tuesday! Guess what time it is!" Jack yelled excitedly, bouncing up and down on the bench.

What time could it possibly be? It's a Tuesday and it's late... Alex wondered. Jack didn't even give him time to respond.

"IT'S TACO TIME!" Jack exclaimed, grabbing Alex by the wrist and dragging him down the street, to the Taco Bell he saw out the bus window earlier.

Jack with a side of tacos on Tuesday, how could it be any better than this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes?