Forgotten

Having A Blast

The walk to Taco Bell was mostly peaceful. Tre decided to skip there. A grown man should not be skipping under ordinary circumstances. Then again, Tre was far from ordinary. Mike was mostly silent, adding something here and there. He looked like he was deep in thought. I wondered what he could be thinking about.

Billie on the other hand, was silent the whole time. I wasn't allowed to walk there on my own, not after what had just transpired. Billie didn't trust Tre to not break me, and since Billie was my height and didn't want to risk dropping me while running across the street, Mike had to carry me there. It was embarrassing, to say the least.

We crossed the street pretty effortlessly. Things were different once we actually entered the Taco Bell, however. Of course there was a total of three people there, all of them workers. Who the hell is going to Taco Bell at 2:30 in the morning? Besides us, of course.

All three of the workers looked very bored and were probably wondering why the fuck they were working at Taco Bell when they could be out partying.

Tre immediately ran up to the counter and ordered four soft-shell tacos and a side of oles, along with a very large smoothie. Mike went next, settling for three tacos and a small soda. Billie had the same. I didn't order anything.

"You don't want anything? Nothing at all?" Billie asked with a concerned expression on his face as we sat down at our table. Tre dove into his tacos, unwrapping them quite ferociously and scarfing down the first one before I had time to blink. Mike ate his a little more civilly.

"No, I don't. We ate at this expensive restaurant before the concert." In fact, it was so expensive (we didn't know that until we had already gotten drinks, margaritas to be exact. Mine was virgin, of course.) that Kathryn and I had to share the seafood pasta. We would have had the alfredo, but she's lactose intolerant. Too bad I hate seafood. We decided she could have the seafood and I'd eat the pasta part. We didnt' expect all the noodles to be covered with icky seafood sauce. I refused to eat that. So I didn't eat dinner, technically. I did eat a lot of their amazing bread, however.

"Was it good? Better than Taco Bell, I'm sure."

"Um...the bread was really good." I looked down. I actually was pretty hungry, but Billie didn't need to know that.

"You didn't eat anything else, did you?" he gave me a disapproving look.

I was taken aback by this, how the hell did he know?

"No, I didn't. Why does it matter and how did you know?" I questioned.

"In the hour and a half I've known you, you would be the type of person to do something like that. And it matters because you need to fucking eat. Tre, two tacos! NOW!" Billie commanded the drummer while snapping his fingers. Tre jumped up and saluted Billie, saying, "Yes, sir!" and ran up to the counter, still chewing on part of a taco.

He returned just a few minutes later, with five tacos in hand.

"What the fuck, Tre, I said two tacos, not five!" said Billie. Mike just shook his head.

"I know! But my belly decided it wanted three more tacos!" Tre said happily.

We all rolled our eyes at him. It was like he was a 12 year old trapped in a 36 year old's body.

As the boys talked about whatever it is rockstars talk about, I thought about Billie. I thought about how in the short time that I'd known him he'd done so much for me. First, he was the one who found me in that damned stairwell. Then, he got me ibuprofen and an ice pack, and now he somehow knew that I hadn't eaten? What the fuck?

"Hey, are you okay? You look a little out of it." Mike asked me, kicking my un-injured leg softly.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking." I told him in all honesty.

"About what?" Tre and Billie were still talking about who knows what.

"Everything that's happened tonight. It all seems so unreal. I'm afraid I'll wake up from the best dream of my life." In the beginning, I'd had my doubts about the reality of the situation, but now I was absolutely sure it had happened. You weren't supposed to be able to feel pain in dreams, and my ankle hurt quite a lot.

Mike chuckled a little. "I promise, it's all real."

" I know. I just don't want it to end." He gave me a curious look, but said nothing.

"Hey guys, are you ready to go? We should probably find Shelbie a doctor before the bone sets improperly." Billie said.

Mike and I nodded, while Tre just shoved his last taco down his throat. "Ready!" he shouted with a mouth full of taco.

The four of us got out of the booth and walked up to the counter. It was Mike who did the talking.

"Excuse me, could you tell us where the nearest hospital is?"

"Uh....your best bet is probably Topline Medical. It's not even a mile away..." the cashier gave Mike directions on how to get there.

"Thanks." Mike said and we left the 'restaurant'.

"So,.how are we getting there? I think taking the tour bus would be just a little conspicuous. We should probably find a car." Billie said.

"Well, we could go back to the Fargodome. They probably have a car we could borrow." suggested Mike.

"Oooh, can we get something really cool? Like, a yellow car with black flames or something? We'd look like such pimps! Or a black jeep...with red flames! Or one of those cars that bounces up and down!" Tre was laughing at all the possibilities for a "pimp car".

Billie and Mike rolled their eyes and I just laughed. We walked back to the Fargodome (well, I had to be carried, but that's not the point) and listened to Tre talk about all the cool cars he was going to buy when they got back to Oakland.

***

Billie talked to the manager of the Fargodome just as he was getting ready to leave and found us a car to use for an hour or two. It just had to be back before they left for Minnesota.

The car was a sleek and shiny black Mercedes Benz. None of us knew why the Fargodome kept such expensive sports cars just lying around, and I don't think any of us really cared either.

The drive to the hospital was relatively uneventful. Of course, Billie drove. Mike and Tre sat in the back, and I got shotgun at Billie's orders.We rolled down all the windows and blasted the radio, until "Holiday" came on. We all started singing along, Billie's voice matching the radio almost perfectly. Tre, of course, had to sing as loudly and obnoxiously as possible. At least he wasn't using his cowboy voice.

Billie pulled into a parking space and got out. I opened my door and was about to step out until Mike stood in front of me and told me that there was no way I was walking there. They wouldn't take me seriously if I walked on my own, I guess. It was probably better he carried me, anyway.

We walked up to the front desk and Billie asked where the clinic was. The nurse told him with a flirty look. He ignored it and told us that we were supposed to take a left to get to the clinic.

Of course, there was no one in the clinic but us and the receptionist. I guessed not too many people came in at three in the morning.

"Hi, can I help you?" The secretary said.

"Yeah, this girl here tripped and fell down a flight of stairs. She thinks she might have broken or sprained her ankle." Billie explained for me.

"Name?"

I gave the nurse my name and all my information. I was lucky that I had most of my insurance information memorized, especially since I didn't live in Fargo.

"Okay. Just one moment." The secretary disappeared from the window and went to go fetch a doctor or something. Minutes later, she came back and said that a doctor was ready to see me and to please follow her.

Billie looked over to Mike, who was still holding me.

"Here, I'll take her." Billie said. Even though he was the same height as me, he was still going to try to carry me back there?

"You sure you got her?" Mike asked, handing me over to Billie. I felt like an injured cat, being passed around the room.

"Yeah, she doesn't weigh much. See you guys in a bit." Billie and I followed the nurse back to the doctor's office, while Mike and Tre stayed behind.

As we left, I heard one of them say my name, along with Billie's. I wondered what they could have been talking about....

***End Chapter 5 - Having A Blast***