I Don't Know Him...I Hate Him...and I Have To Get Married To Him?!

02

Chapter 2

“I hope this is to your liking, Savanna.” Mr. Hampton asked me as we walked into the Hampton mansion.

“Yes, it’s very nice Mr. Hampton.” I replied as I looked around. Their home was tastefully done, unlike mine where my mother had just bought things because they were expensive. When you came though the front door you stepped into a very spacious foyer. The stairwell was covered in evergreen leaves and underneath there was a mahogany dresser with plants on either side.

Mrs. Hampton had told me about the house like she was selling it to me. “It has two stories with paneled entry and skylights. Walnut hand distressed floors. Gorgeous natural lighting throughout,” she continued. “ it has a luxurious master bedroom and bathroom plus four suites with balconies, one of which is Dominic’s. Eight fireplaces Cozy office. Acoustically designed home theater. Our family room has an open bar area. French doors. Expansive backyard with pool, spa & outdoor kitchen. Gourmet kitchen. Elegant formal dining room. 5,000 bottle wine cellar plus wine tasting room. Downstairs level has gym, sauna, game room, powder room, plus bath, 2 maids, living room & mud room, and a smarthouse with Crestron System. Oh. Savanna, you’ll absolutely adore it.” she’d gushed. “We bought it for Dominic for when he has to live here.”

Hopefully, I’ll get my own room.

“Please,” Mr. Hampton said to me, pulling me out of my retrieve. “call me Marcus. Were almost family after all.”

I smiled tightly at him. Thanks for reminding me.

“Why don’t you show her to your room, Dominic?” Ginger said coming in form the kitchen with a glass of wine in her hand.

Did she just say ‘your room’???

He just nodded and turned to the stairs motioning for me to follow. As I followed him up the stairs, I saw picture of him and his family lining the stair way.

I sighed. The only pictures of me, back in Santa Fe, were my school pictures. And they were all in my room.

Dominic led me into an immaculately designed room.

What I don’t get is that, if we have this big house to ourselves, then why can’t we have different rooms?

The wall were a creme color. The first thing you saw when you walked in was the four poster bed. The bed had those hangings that you could pull around it so the bed would be obscured from the outside. There were two doors beside the bed that led outside to a balcony over looking the yard. At the foot of the bed were two armchairs with a white round table in the middle of them. On either side of the bed were beautiful wooden dressers/nightstands. There was corner that led into a small sitting room and two doors in there, which I assumed led into the closet and bathroom. This was obviously the master.

“You can stop drooling now, Tonya.” Dominic’s cold voice said to me.

My gazed snapped to his. “I wasn’t drooling, and please don’t call me Tonya.” what was his problem?

“Whatever. This is my room and now, unfortunately, yours too.”

I raised my eyebrows. “OK...um, so where is all my stuff? I didn’t see it when I came into the house.”

“That’s because all of your clothes, are already in the closet you numskull. The maid put it in there as soon as your stuff had arrived.” he sneered.

“What’s wrong? Did I, like, do something to make you angry with me?” I asked in a small voice. The problem with growing up with the people I did is that, you automatically think everything is your fault and are trying to win the approval of the people you live with or are supposed to love.

“Hmm let’s see,” he said feigning a look of confusion. “First, I had to break up with my girlfriend, Cassandra, to marry you. Second, your just not that hot, and I have to marry you. And Third, I. Have. To. Marry. You!”

I nodded my head. Willing the tears to stay back. I had always been sensitive to criticism, that’s why my sister and brother loved to tease me I could cry easily. That’s also why I had Becka she stood up for me when the kids in school would make fun of me.

“Well, I’m sorry you feel that way...but it’s not exactly like I signed up for this nor was I jumping at the chance to marry someone like you.” I told him in my monotone voice.

He looked really angry as he stormed out of our room.

Whatever I thought he’s the one who insulted me.

It was now 11 o’clock, Dominic had been gone for 6 hours. I didn’t know why but I was starting to get a little worried. I shrugged it off and pulled out my laptop from my bag. I checked my email and facebook. I had gotten an email from Becka asking how I was doing and if I needed her to come and rescue me from the evil city of Los Angeles.

Hey Becka, I replied, no I don’t need you to rescue me...yet. I’m not doing all that great though, I miss you tons and Dominic is the biggest jerk! He said he was mad at me cuz it was my fault that he had to break up with his girlfriend. I’m gunna miss all the things we had planned for this year. I’m gunna miss out on the boys and parties, cleaning up our own little home... :( now I’m crying. Haha miss you, wish I were you. Have fun at Dartmouth!!

Your royally miserable friend,

Vanna. <3


I swiped at the tears that had started streaming out of my eyes as I remembered the good times between me and Becka. I turned off my computer and walked into my bathroom to take a shower.
I gasped as I entered the bathroom. The bathroom had a claw foot tub, that was right under a window over looking the pool. The shower was opposite the tub and all glass, it was big enough to comfortably fit three people. There was a his and her sink, and a vanity, that looked as if was just recently put there, in a nook of the bathroom.

By the time I got out of the shower the washroom was full of steam. Trying to keep the warmth from the shower around me I wrapped a big, very soft towel around me and stepped out of the shower.

“Took you long enough.” a voice said to me as I stepped out of the bathroom. “Did you leave any hot water for the rest of LA?”

I looked up and saw Dominic staring at me from the bed. He was watching Monday night Raw, on the t.v.

I narrowed my eyes. “I wasn’t in there for that long.” I said as I gripped the towel closer to my body. I could feel his eyes on me as I walked into the closet to get dressed.

Although the closet was huge, it didn’t take me long to figure out where my clothes were. I came back out in my favorite black and purple booty shorts and my ‘make love, not war’ tank top.

I got into bed bedside Dominic...it was a bit awkward to have to sleep next to a guy I barely even knew. But I wasn’t going to freak out about it, it wasn’t like he was going to do anything. I mean he not only hated me but there was a house full of servants, they would hear and wonder if everything was OK.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so sometime i get really bored, and can't be bothered to find the picture for everything, so when i get like that you might just have to use your imagination, hope you don't mind. If you do, tell me and I can start putting on the pictures <3