Cats and Dogs

Chapter 11

“Don’t be nervous, don’t be nervous.” Frank Longbottom said soothingly once we were all geared up and ready to go.

I smiled and turned to him, “Thanks, but actually I’m not that nervous.”

“Oh… I was actually saying it to myself…” his face and ears reddened in embarrassment.

“Alright everyone! Gather round!” Prongs called as our team began to gather around him. “I know I’m not usually one for long speeches… so I wont start this year!” James grinned and their was short sharing of laughter. “Lets just do what we do every year and win!”

We all let out loud cheers as we began to make our way to the field. When we reached the stadium screams and cheers of adoration erupted and I grinned and looked back and saw Frank’s eyes widen and he looked slightly ill. I saw James grinning broadly and winking cheekily at the crowd while waving. My eyes couldn’t help but drift over to an expressionless Sirius who was looking around and suddenly his eyes widened when it landed on the visitors area.

My eyes slowly flew and I saw an older couple sitting with great posture, the woman had long, rich black hair and dark eyes and there was a faint smile on her light thin lips as she looked over at the Slytherins as they emerged from their side. The man began to clap as he smiled and nodded, his short slick black hair staying in its tidy place.

“Who are they?” I asked out loud.

“Your future mother-and-father-in-laws - that is if you and Regulus ever get married.” said Sirius from behind me. I could feel his emotions radiating off him from the close proximity and I had to bit my lip to distract me from the twisting feeling in my stomach.

“Sirius,” I quickly turned around to say something - anything - to him, but he just pressed forward along with the rest of the team.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, “This is usually the time when a friend says something you would want to hear… but honestly, I have no idea what you want to hear. Would you like me to say, ‘you crushed his heart and spirit’?” I shut my eyes tightly. “No… What about, ‘don’t worry about it, he’ll get over you.’”

My eyes widened and my stomach began to twist and flip in a sick way and my chest felt like it was slowly caving in. I said nothing, but an odd noise - that sounded like a faint cry - escaped my throat.

“Huh, not that either, I guess.” James patted my shoulder. “Lets go Gryffindor!” he cheered as he waved and cheered along with the crowd.

I looked back up to the stands and sitting with Dumbledore and the professors was a very familiar face. My eyes brightened and I smiled widely, “Alastor! Al!!” I waved and grinned and he smiled and waved down at me. With everything that has been going on I had actually almost forgot about him. We don’t really write to each other, he is more the type of person to keep to himself, and I really don’t mind at all. In fact… I haven’t really thought about my parents death in a while too.

The thought brought an unwanted chill to my body and heart and I just shook it off when I saw all our fans cheering our name.

“Amilia!” James yelled from above. “Handle Parkinson!” I nodded and gripped my beater tighter in my hand. No one was still, everyone was flying around trying to get the Quaffle in one of the rings, trying to block the Quaffle from going through a ring, trying to knock each other off our brooms, and two people zooming around trying to win and finish the game.

I quickly flew to my left where a Bludger was heading; I pulled my arm back ready to strike it and send it flying to the back of Parkinson’s head - “AMILIA!!!!” someone yelled but before I could turn around completely to see who it was, the second Bludger decided to slam into the right side of my face.

I felt the inside of my cheek cut on my teeth, I began to feel my right side swell up, and I’m pretty sure something was wrong with my jaw because when I opened it to scream when I was knocked off my broom and began to fall rapidly to the ground, it hurt like hell.

But the fact that I was plummeting to the ground was able to distract me from the pain as I watched the ground get closer and closer.

I winced when I felt a sharp tug in my shoulder and heard a pop. Something had just gripped my wrist tightly, catching me in mid-fall but dislocating my shoulder.

I slowly looked up and my eyes widened in surprise to see Regulus. His eyes widened quickly as if he had just realized what he had done and I quickly felt his grip loosen and finally let go as he watched me continue to fall. But now I wasn’t staring at the ground watching it get closer and closer; but I was staring at Regulus… watching him get farther and farther.

But quickly I felt another hand grab me by the waist and I looked to see James. "Don't worry-" he grunted as he tried to pull me onto his broom. "I wont let you go- Oh! The Snitch!" his eyes glittered as I reached for the Snitch with his arm that had been holding me and I began to fall once more.

I quickly felt a rough pressure in my side and I felt like I was tumbling around on the ground with something heavy going with me. Finally when I stopped moving I opened my eyes and saw his familiar smoky grey eyes boring into me. “Sirius…” I whispered. I then, of course, tightly closed my eyes and groaned at the pain in my face and jaw and felt tears burn my eyes.

“Are you-” he was panting, “-alright?”

I opened my eyes and saw worry and fear and anger in his eyes and I just shook my head and let out a short sob and held as much as I could back. There seemed to be people surrounding us and loud noises coming from everywhere… but I didn’t care. I raised my left hand - obviously the one that was not dislocated - and brushed his bangs out of the way and my eyes landed on a cut on his left eyebrow.

“I’ll be fine…” he said lowly. The sound in his voice was a bit shaky and hesitant like he was trying to make what he said have two meanings and I felt that odd painful twist in my stomach again.

My face felt like it was on fire, and so unbearable that after staring into his eyes for a few moments more his dark grey eyes become darker and darker until all that was left was blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short!!
Is it?
It seems short...
Anywho..
Leave comments pwweeaassee
it doesn't take much!!