Cats and Dogs

Chapter 14

So, here we were. Sitting across from Dumbledore in his mysterious office that was covered with pictures, books, and a bunch of trinkets that had to do with astrology. He looked at us over his moon shaped spectacles. Even though I knew we were going to be punished, I couldn’t help but see a small smile of amusement in his blue eyes.

“Professor,” Sirius spoke a bit timidly but then sat up more straightly, “let me just say… THIS WAS ALL HER IDEA!!” he threw an accusing finger in my face.

I gasped, “WHAT?!” I screeched, “Liar! It was his! You know him Professor! This is so something Sirius would have came up with and forced a poor, innocent, victim like me into!” I glared at Sirius and he looked at me with wide eyes.

He turned to Dumbledore, “I-I - she lies! She- I -”

“Please, please,” he raised his hands slightly in a calming gesture until we fell silent. “Now, I know you both,” we glared at each other, “are at fault. You nearly gave Filch a heart attack… but alas, he survived…” his voice trailed off.

My eyebrows knitted together, “Uh, Sir? You sound… a bit… disappointed.” I said cautiously.

He quickly shifted in his seat, “Oh, no, no… Filch… is a pleasant man… and his cat is just lovely.” I looked over at Sirius who was biting his bottom lip, holding in a laugh. “Now, what to do with you…” he pondered for a moment before smiling lightly, “dueling.”

My face held confusion as Sirius said, “I’m… sorry, Professor, I don’t understand. You want us to duel each other?”

“Oh, no. You are going to teach dueling.” he smiled lightly.

~~~

“Alright you snotty little first years! Gather round! Hurry up I don’t have all day, unlike you, I have a life!” I called loudly as I stood with Sirius in the Great Hall on one of the tables that was now converted into a dueling arena.

The large crowd of first years gathered closely around us as they looked up at us. “Today we will be teaching you how to duel!” Sirius grinned and then winked at a group of girls who were ogling him. They blushed furiously and I rolled my eyes and placed my hands on my hips.

“A duel is a confrontation between two or more wizards or witches. The combatants face each other, bow, and then attempt to disarm, injure, or,” I turned to Sirius with a sly smile, “kill each other,” he smiled weakly, trying to cover his fear, “in order to force submission,” I winked and he gulped as a few first years laughed. “And thus a winner is decided. Opponents are only permitted to use magical means of combat. So no throwing punches.”

“Y-yes,” he let out a shaky breath. “As you should know, these are dangerous times. Voldemort,” whispers of disdain broke out.

“Silence!” I demanded and the room fell silent. Sirius eyebrows were raised in admiration and I shrugged and smiled.

“Voldemort is on the move and becoming stronger and stronger. We need to learn how to protect ourselves and… the ones we care about.” I felt Sirius’ gaze on me.

“So, who would like to go?” I asked trying to hurry up.

“Why don’t you demonstrate for us?” a boy asked.

I smirked and turned to Sirius, “Why not?”

Sirius eyes widened and his face flushed. He chuckled nervously, “Oh, no, n-no, uh, its okay. O-one of t-t-the f-first years c-c-can go.” he scratched the back of his head and attempted to get off the table but the first years blocked him with crossed arms and amusement on their faces. Sirius glared at them and froze when he saw me reaching for my wand. “L-lets not be hasty-”

“Sirius Black, are you scared?” I asked amused as I played with my wand and waggling my eyebrows.

He glared at me and then pulled out his wand, “You wish.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment :3
they help raise stars for more readers ^~^
Thank you!!