Cats and Dogs

Chapter 26

Chapter 26

“What’s wrong with you?” Alastor asked as he walked into my room and saw me sitting staring off into nothing.
“Huh?” I turned to him, still in a slight daze.
He raised an eyebrow, “I said-”
“Oh it was nice…” I mumbled looking back down at the moving drawing. I sighed and then put it back under my bed.
“What?” Alastor asked with confusion.
“What?” I asked back, not really paying attention to him.
“Right… Well, you should start packing. You’re leaving tomorrow remember?” He limped out of my room. I nodded and I felt my stomach jump with anticipation. I was excited about returning to Hogwarts… but not so much about seeing Sirius. He was with Lena now, and seemed to be quite over me, and even if he wasn’t with her… I could never tell him. I know my pride wouldn’t let me and I was quite content with leaving it that way… but that could just be my pride talking.
I grabbed one of the defensive spell books Remus gave and went to the spell I was last looking at. “Patronus Charm…” I grabbed my wand from under my pillow. I read the description and the ‘How To…’ and then raised my wand and closed my eyes. I thought about the first time we won a Quidditch match, “Expecto Patronum,” I opened my eyes and saw a small wispy sliver of silver at the tip of my wand and I frowned. “I thought that was a powerful memory…” I stated gloomily. “Okay,” I took a deep breath and thought about my parents. The way my mom would always tuck my hair behind my ear, the look my father always got when he saw my mother, the love they had for each other and my brother and I. “Expecto Patronum.” I mumbled sadly, fighting back tears. I shook my head and lowered my wand and then let out an aggravated moan. I tucked my wand back under my pillow and slammed the book shut and threw it over by my trunk.

~~~

“Do you have everything?” Alastor asked as he put down my trunk on the platform.
I sighed, “Yes.”
“Your books?”
“Yes.”
“Your camera?”
“Yes.”
“Your wand?”
Yes.” I hissed.
He stood up straighter and cleared his throat, “Alright then. Well… See you in the summer, I guess.”
“You guess?” I asked with narrowed eyes.
“I mean, yeah. Of course.”
I relaxed, “Try not to loose any more limbs or… chunks of your nose…” I sighed, “You were so handsome-”
He scoffed, “What are you talking about? I’ll have you know, the ladies find my prosthetic leg to be very attractive.” I couldn’t help but laugh causing his good eye to brighten up. “Alright, well, I’ll try and make it to your last Quidditch match. But I can’t make any promises. And try not to fall off your broom this time.” he growled.
I smiled, “Alright, but I can’t make any promises.” he ruffled my hair and I patted his arm as the train blew its final whistle. I grabbed my trunk and then headed into the train. I was walking down the corridor between the compartments and I saw a familiar head poking out of a compartment ahead.
“She’s finally here!” Alice shouted, grinning and then I saw a red head poke her head out under Alice’s, a smile on her face. I grinned and waved excitedly and hurried over to them.
When I got over to them Alice helped me lift my trunk into the luggage rack and she then turned to me, grinning, “So, did you like your present.” my smiled fell and I glared at her as I felt the train roar to life and begin to head out of the station.
“Oh yeah, put it right by my bed so I can gaze at it before I go to sleep.” I grumbled sarcastically.
She laughed and then a quizzical look fell upon herself as she pulled a necklace out of from under her shirt, “This is pretty, but, er… who is she?” I smiled and looked at the small framed drawing of Alice that was accompanied by a small gold heart with the name ‘Alice’ engraved on it.
“Her name is Alice. She’s from a muggle children’s book called Alice In Wonderland. In the story she goes to some another dimension where she has to fight an evil queen and the jabberwocky. She’s extremely brave.”
This made her smile happily, “’Extremely brave’, aye? I guess Alice’s are just like that.”
“Alright,” Lily said as she held up the doe necklace I gave her for Christmas, “why a doe? Is it because they’re sweet and intelligent and majestic creatures?” she asked hopefully, her eyes seemed to be shining.
“Er,” I rubbed the back of my neck, “sure…?” I laughed nervously as her eyes narrowed suspiciously. “Yeah, yeah, that’s why I got it for you!” I reassured her and she smiled in satisfaction and relaxed.
“Oh!” I grinned, “My brother got me a camera!” I quickly got up and climbed up on my seat to get better access to the luggage rack. I opened my trunk and pulled out my camera and climbed back down and sat across from them. I held up the camera as they scooted closer to each other, smiling brightly, “Alright, on three; 1... 2... 3-” I pressed the shutter release and a bright flash surged from the camera but before the light faded, the train suddenly came to a harsh, violent stop causing me to fall forward on them. A few screams could be heard throughout the train and I felt Alice and Lily help me up.
“Are you alright?” Alice asked, her eyes filled with worry.
I nodded, “Yeah.” I said slowly as I got up and put down my camera on my seat. I grabbed my wand from my pocket (hardly anyone was in their robes yet) and stood up straighter.
“What are you getting that out for?” Lily asked looking at me with slightly wide eyes. “The train conductor probably just-”
“Probably isn’t certainty.” I stated as I turned around and bent over and looked through the window. I heard a few more screams and yells and I saw why.
There were at least twenty Death Eaters outside.
“Oh my god…” I breathed.
“What is it?” Alice’s head popped up next to mine and I saw her eyes widen and she quickly drew back away from the window.
“What? What is it?” Lily asked frantically.
“Death Eaters.” Alice stated. “At least twenty of them!”
I stepped back away from the window, my mind was racing as it tried to figure out what to do. Everyone on this train was in danger.
“Lily,” I turned around and looked down at her, “I need to you to go down the left side of the train and ask everyone to get into the corridor- now.” she nodded and quickly got up and ran out into the hall and I could hear her voice shouting at people to get out of their compartments and into the hall. “Alice you do the same, only go down the right.” I added quickly. With a single nod she quickly strode out and began telling people to get into the hall as well. After a few more moments and screams caused by the train shaking violently I walked out into the crowded hall. The train was buzzing with noise and I looked around to see worried and scared faces. “Listen up - I SAID LISTEN UP!!!!” I bellowed. The train fell silent. “Look, we don’t have a lot of time so no one interrupt me -”
“Why should you be in charge? You’re only a 6th year and not even a Prefect!” Hubert Macmillan, the Head Boy of Hufflepuff, stated with a raised eyebrow.
I glared at him, “Well, then, fill free to waste everyone’s time with your plan.”
“I,” he gaped a few times and then looked away.
“Right, now-”
There was a loud blast and everyone slammed into one side of the wall and a few people fell into some of the compartments. The train felt as if it was slowly tipping over and someone shouted, “They’re trying to throw the train over the bridge!”
“I want two 6th years to go to the front of the train and try and protect the conductor and get him to drive the train. I want the 3rd, 4th, and 5th years to break up in groups of three and I want each group to go into a compartment and try and bring down the Death Eaters from inside the train. The rest of the 6th and 7th years,” I looked at all their searching faces, scared, terrified, even my hand was shaking, “we’re going on top of the train to fight them face-to-face.”
Several eyes widened, some gasped, and there were a few murmurs. “Are you nuts?” Sandra Nettles asked with wide eyes. “You’ll die!”
I rolled my eyes though I knew what she said was a strong possibility. “Look-” the train shook violently and there was a loud moaning noise. “If you don’t want to go up, I can’t make you. Just stay here and help the groups then.”
“I want to fight!” Elijah Wespurt, a small Gryffindor first year stated with confidence causing me to smile lightly.
“I’m sorry, but you’d only get in the way.” I said gently and he crossed his arms over his small chest and glared at me. “Are any of you good at putting up protective charms?” A few people raised their hands. “Alright, I want you guys to start putting up any protective charms you know-”
There was a loud ringing noise causing everyone to clasp their hands over their ears and let out yells of pain. A few people fell to their knees and my eyes widened when I saw the all the windows began to vibrate. “Everyone get down!” Everyone fell to the ground as all the windows shattered in small sharp pieces and flew everywhere.
“Don’t be afraid you filthy blood-traitors!” A cold female voice cackled. “Vow to serve the Dark Lord and you will be free!”
I slowly stood, “If we’re serving Voldemort we wont be free!” I yelled back.
“How dare you speak the Dark Lords name!” She screeched and the train seemed to have suddenly leapt up making us slam into the ceiling and fall back onto the ground when the train fell back down. All of us were entangled in each other and I had to get on all fours and buck someone off of me to stand.
I held my wand tightly and as everyone got up I shouted, “Everyone get to your places!” I shoved past people as everyone hurried to do as I instructed. As I, and the other 7th and 6th years, ran to the end of the train to the caboose, the others did as I had told them; breaking into groups of three and going into the compartments and I could already hear spells being thrown, inside and out.
I threw open the door and my eyes widened as I held up my wand and shouted, “Protego!” Whatever spell the masked Death Eater had thrown at me was deflected back at him, causing him to go spiraling away on his broom. I got out and then quickly started climbing the ladder onto the roof of the train. I had to duck a few times and throw spells blindly until I was on my feet on top of the roof.
“Oh, are you the little ringleader of this?” The cold female voice asked. I turned around and saw a young woman who looked to be around eight to ten years older than I. She had long, dark curly hair and had fair skin, and though she was very pretty, her eyes had a malicious and psychotic gleam in them.
I raised my wand causing her to smirk, “I am.” I could see the rest of the 7th and 6th years on the roof of the train, fighting the other Death Eaters. “Reducto!” I bellowed. The spell hit her chest, sending her flying off her broom and it was my turn to smirk. I quickly began helping everyone else, throwing any useful spells that popped into my head. I felt the train roar to life once more and everyone stumbled as the train began to move. Different colored jets of light were being shot everywhere in any direction and my stomach churned every time I heard a scream or shout.
Incarcerous!” A thick rope shot out of the tip of my wand and wrapped itself tightly around a Death Eater who had his wand raised at Alice’s back. The Death Eaters were racing along side the train, determined to keep up.
“Aaaahh!” I heard a loud cry of pain and as I twirled around the cry turned into a long scream and I saw Lily fly off the side of the train.
LILY!” I shouted and broke out into a run and dived off the train that was barely at the end of the bridge. I saw Lily plummeting towards the water and I twisted my body around and pointed my wand up, “Accio broom!” I saw a broom tug out from under a Death Eater and zoom down towards me as the Death Eater fell. In a flash I grabbed hold of the broom and threw my leg over it and dove for Lily. Her hand was outstretched, as was mine, and just before she hit the water I grabbed her hand and pulled back on the broom handle making it quickly fly up. With all the strength I could muster, I pulled Lily up onto the back of the broom.
She flung her leg over and then tightly wrapped her left arm around my torso and I could feel her shaking. “I,” she was breathing deeply and quickly, “I thought I was going to die.” her voice shook a little.
I scoffed, “Yeah, like I’d let that happen.” We zoomed towards the train, which picked up speed. “I’m going to drop you off on the roof, but I’m going to stay on the broom, alright?”
“Yeah.”
Protego!” I shouted, blocking spells that were being thrown at us. I flew over to the last car and Lily quickly climbed off the broom and immediately began throwing spells.
I heard a shrill laugh, “You know, I never caught your name.” I turned and saw the crazy woman from earlier, flying on another broom.
“I’m Amilia Moody.”
“Ah,” she leaned back a little, “Alastor’s little sister. I’ve had a few run-ins with him… Not a very pleasant bloke.” She tilted her head slightly, “How rude! You haven’t asked for my name!” she looked mocked offended and I scowled at her. “I’m Bellatrix Black, soon to be Lestrange though.”
Black?” I asked with slightly wide eyes. “As in Sirius Black?”
Her eyes widened and she looked furious, “That filthy blood traitor cousin is no Black! He is a disgrace to our noble family name!”
“He’s the only good one out of your lot!” I shouted back with just as much anger. A chill went down my spine as the temperature seemed to drop dramatically. Bellatrix’s eyes gleamed with what looked like glee as she looked down at the train and I heard shrill screams. I quickly looked down and my eyes widened as I saw several large cloaked figures hovering over my fellow classmates and I saw some fall to their knees.
“You can’t win against us wolves, silly little lamb. You’re too weak.” She hissed.
I turned back to her, “I am no lamb,” I raised my wand, “I’m a lion.” Animuslato8 I twisted my wrist just perfectly and flicked it at the right moment and I saw an almost clear and wispy liquid shoot out from my wand. It flew to Bellatrix and wrapped itself around her, engulfing her in its substance and then slowly it looked to be tugging out a translucent figure that looked identical to Bellatrix. The evil gleam was now gone in her eyes that were now blank causing me to smirk as I raised my wand above my head and with one hard thrust, I slammed her soul back into her body and immediately she was screaming and flailing her arms around, jerking her body as if she was having a seizure and then she became still as her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she slipped off her broom and fell, though I did not stay to watch her hit the ground.
I flew over to the train and inhaled a deep breath.
I had to think of a happy, powerful memory to fight off all these Dementors and I knew if I did not do it now, it would be too late for most of them.
I cringed slightly when the first thing that popped into my head was the image of Sirius, but I knew my subconscious mind was right. Even when I was in denial about my feeling for Sirius, the thought of him made me smile on the inside though I would cringe on the outside. I thought of the first time he smirked and hit on me in the Great Hall after I had been sorted and even the first time we got into a heated argument, because even that made me smile. I though about his different expressions, his raised eyebrow, his smirk, whenever he bit his lip, when he would smile and laugh… “Expecto Patronum!” A bright white light surged from the tip of my wand and flew out towards the Dementors and my eyes squinted slightly, trying to make out the Patronus form it had taken on. It was much too large to be a cat, like I had predicted it would be. The bright creature lunged at the Dementors and they quickly retreated, flying off away from the moving train. I dove towards the train and jumped off the broom, stumbling on my feet when I landed.
I saw my Patronus walk over to me and I grinned brightly when I saw a large, broad, feline with a large mane around his head.
“A lion.” I smiled and he bowed his head. I thought back to the book Remus gave me, remembering that Patronus’ could send messages. “I need you to get to Hogwarts and tell Professor Dumbledore what’s going on here, and hurry.” He bowed his head once more and then ran off with a wispy white trail behind him.
Spells were still being thrown from inside the train at the Death Eaters and it looked as if they were backing off as well. I slowly raised my hands and began casting any shield and protective charms that I could think of, and I knew they were working when the Death Eaters spell continuously missed us all on top of the train.
“It’s over!” I shouted. “You’ve lost!”
“Oh, really?” My eyes widened at the sound of a cold hiss-like voice and I knew who was standing behind me. I looked and saw my classmates’ eyes widen and a few backed away from where I was standing making my assumption of who was standing behind me become certain.
I slowly turned around to see a tall, pale skinned man, with a skull-like face, snake-like slits for nostrils, and gleaming scarlet eyes with cat-like slits for pupils.
“Voldemort…” I whispered.
He raised his head a bit, “You speak my great name as if it means nothing to you.”
I clenched my jaw and glared at him, “Oh it means something to me, alright… You had my parents killed by your Death Eaters.” I spat.
His eyes held amusement now, “Really? Which ones? I’ll have to thank them.”
“You bastard!” I raised my wand to cast a spell at him, but he was to quick.
Crucio!
I let out a pain-filled scream and fell to the floor. Every inch of my body felt as if it his been hit by a lightning bolt and was now on fire or even that my skin was being peeled off by something invisible.
No! Stop it!” I heard Lily scream. I saw her get up to fight by I raised my wand before Voldemort.
Stupefy!” I shouted. A red stream of light hit Lily and she fell back on the floor, knocked out and motionless. I couldn’t have her risking her life to protect me against Voldemort. I saw Alice’s wide eyes staring at me and though she looked slightly angry at me, I knew she knew why I attacked Lily.
I rolled over and before I could even think of a spell Voldemort disarmed me, sending my wand flying off the train.
Voldemort towered over me, his black robes flying behind him in the wind, making him look more ominous than he already looked. The sun was setting and I knew we would be at Hogwarts soon, but I also knew that I would be dead before we got there.
There was a loud crack which made me jump slightly and I saw Voldemort quickly turn around as he came face to face with Dumbledore.
Dumbledores eyes landed on me for a moment before returning to look upon Voldemorts face. “You would kill an unarmed witch, Tom?”
I saw Voldemort go rigid. “That is no longer my name.”
“I suggest you leave, Tom. The Aurors will be hear any moment-”
There were several loud cracks and I saw different people of all shapes and sizes appear all around us and I saw Dumbledore smile lightly.
I felt a hand grip my upper arm firmly and pull me to my feet and I looked over to see a hard looking Alastor. “Al,” I breathed and I suddenly felt safe like nothing could hurt me because I knew I thought Alastor was indestructible. He’s lost a leg and an eye and he was still fighting and though I was scared that he would one day be killed, I knew he would keep his promise of seeing my children grow.
“You’re alright now.” He growled and pulled me back.
“I know when it’s foolish to fight, Dumbledore.” Voldemort stated and with a few more loud cracks, Voldemort and his followers had vanished. A fifty pound weight seemed to have been lifted from my shoulders because the responsibility of making sure we all survived was passed over to Dumbledore and the Aurors.
“Get everyone inside.” Dumbledore stated. I felt Alastor tug me towards the end of the train to get to the ladder but I pulled out of his grip and jogged over to Dumbledore.
“Professor?-”
“You did exceedingly well out here. Better than I could have ever imagined.”
“Oh…” My face reddened, “I… er, thank you Professor. But to be honest, I couldn’t have done any of it with out all of them.”
“Modesty is a fine trait, Ms. Moody.”
I cringed, “Amilia8, please.” he smiled. “But, Professor… this was planned. I over heard a few Slytherins talking about a plan and then how convenient is it that not a single Slytherin was on this train?”
“Ah… yes. But unfortunately we do not know-”
“I know who it was. Yaxley, Mulciber, Nott, Uh-Avery, Rosier, um… Parkinson! He was there too… and… Black- Regulus Black.” I mumbled.
He looked at me knowingly, “I’m afraid even though you heard them speaking of a plan there is no way to prove what plan they were talking about-”
“But all the Slytherins-!”
“The parents will push it as coincidence.”
“So, what? That’s it? What-I-” My eyes suddenly widened, “My wand!” My hands flew up to my hair. “Oh no! When Voldemort disarmed me - it flew off the train.” I let out a groan.
Dumbledore smiled lightly and waved his wand and a few second later my wand zoomed into his free hand. My eyes widened, “I didn’t know you could use the Summoning Charm on wands!”
He smiled, his eyes twinkling, “Ah, well, most can’t and you shouldn’t waste your time trying. But I saw you were using your time wisely. That was a very impressive Patronus.”
I grinned, “Thanks, Professor.”
“You took on a great deal of responsibility when you took charge of this situation. They all live because of you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I was so tempted to put, "My name is Amilia Moody, you killed my parents, prepare to die!"
ahahahahaahahahaa

...
do any of you even get that?
The Princess Bride...??
Never seen it?
O.O
What is wrong with you?!
Uh, anyways....
This is Alice's gift
Image
And Lily's
Image

Oh, and here is a young, pre-Azkaban Bellatrix:
Pic 1
Pic 2